GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Its not so easy as "Bad Girl". We dont know. Its not like she was immersed in world of stable people (Kim&Johnny). It seems to me she was the most stable out all of them. Worked 2 real jobs and was getting ready and stoked to be a Mom. I think in the end she just wanted what we all wanted. To be stable and accepted.

Back in high school, our English assignment was to read a short story called, "The Outcasts of Poker Flat" - a period piece.The theme of the story is that there is a little bad in the best of us, and a little good in the worst of us. I have never forgotten that message.

LOL, that confused me, too, in a couple of ways. First, I thought it was an odd question for a juror to ask, because women's jeans are *generally* not sized by waist and inseam, although we can sometimes find petite, medium, or tall. I wear size 6 Medium Gloria Vanderbilt women's jeans, for example. I would assume that 32-30 are men's jeans. Secondly, I was puzzled as to why Apo mentioned that the jeans in Charli's laundry basket had the post on the right and the loop on the left. (Notice that he didn't mention the size.) I know that men's shirts have buttons on the opposite sides... but jeans? So I checked my jeans. All posts right, loops left.

Here's a pair of Perry Ellis men's jeans from eBay. Post right, loop left:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perri-Ellis...325335?hash=item25c552c2d7:g:5u8AAOSwPCVX7HJv

Kapua, thanks for doing my homework for me! I'm stuck in WS-lazy mode lately.

Kapua, thanks for doing my homework for me! I'm stuck in WS-lazy mode lately.

Ha! No, I am the lazy one. I have the day off work today, and I'm posting here instead of cleaning house.

Back in high school, our English assignment was to read a short story called, "The Outcasts of Poker Flat" - a period piece.The theme of the story is that there is a little bad in the best of us, and a little good in the worst of us. I have never forgotten that message.

Only the good die young. Sometimes the bad reach YUGE places. Sometimes being mediocre and in the middle is not such a bad thing. There is balance to everything and if you tip to much on one edge you just might fall off. Always temper your good deeds with a little bit of nastiness. You will live longer

My mistake, then, as I thought from the description of the post and closure that the jeans were for women. But, admittedly I haven't been tuned in lately.
I know this shows my age, but in my youth all of us girls wore men's jeans, because there were no women's jeans. Levi's made men's jeans. I remember when the "designer" jeans came out that were for women.

Anyhow, as we know, the garment industry has its standards for shirt buttons and lapping on pants that are gender-based, for sure. I used to work in the garment industry and it's just how it's done, so it used to be that women could wear men's jeans and shirts and that was cool if the body type worked, but men got teased if they wore clothing with the feminine closure orientation. Maybe they don't get teased any more.

I was under the impression that MPD treated those pairs of jeans as men's, and had s reason to do so, and Apo is I think just trying to plant more doubt by asking if the jeans could be Charli's. Which is an odd one, because it is known she was not wearing jeans that night, regardless of whether she had similar jeans at home.

I'm simply saying: Everyone has told how wonderful & caring Charli was. But now tell me the not-so-nice stuff. Give me an accurate, balanced picture - warts and all.

I saw a couple posts objecting to my use of the term "bad girl." We do have archetypes in our culture and one of the primary archetypes for adults is the "bad boy" or the "bad girl." Steven was clearly channeling his inner "bad boy," because he dealt drugs, was a smart-*advertiser censored*, cranked the music loud, liked guns, had tattoos, was promiscuous, etc. - all stereotypical qualities of the "bad boy" archetype.
And Charli displayed qualities of the "bad girl" archetype: body piercings on her tongue, nipples, and clitoris.......had a skull ornament on her car.......ironic retro-gothic style...... and she had a very volatile, belligerent side to her personality that got her in trouble sometimes. So in some ways, she fits the "bad girl" archetype.

I am absolutely not suggesting that Charli was a bad person in any way, just that she could be seen as edgy in that "bad girl" way and it could account for an initial mutual fascination between Steven & Charli.

I never said she was bad. Just Naive and Weak. When Steven wasnt on trial for Murder he had aquite a little drug following. He was the dealer. He was the Milkman. He is going out to deals at 2 in the morning. He knew a lot of people. A lot of them pretty girls. He slept with a few of them. Shhe had instant status. You know Manson had the 420 on dope. Lots of LSD for starters

None of them were as easy and supportive as Charli. She was willing to be a doormat and absorb his issues for a time. And when she no longer was willing to absorb his crap he got rid of her.
I always appreciate your insight into the social dynamics. I get it about the drug taking world. I was into psychedelics back in the late 60's. I was pursuing mystical experience. It took years to figure out there were many reasons to seek altered states and some were no indication of being cool or enlightened. (In my day, people who did not do any mind altering stuff were not cool.)

The people who had access were cool, yep. I don't judge about drugs until it gets to the ones that make people violent and psychotic.

I just hink Cassie didn't know how dark his soul was, or the black hole where a soul belonged. She backed away when she learned the painful truth. She was and is very young. It is not her fault that he murdered to get to be with her. If she had stood by him and defended him, and moved in with him when she came back, my opinion of her would be totally different.

I'm simply saying: Everyone has told how wonderful & caring Charli was. But now tell me the not-so-nice stuff. Give me an accurate, balanced picture - warts and all.

I saw a couple posts objecting to my use of the term "bad girl." We do have archetypes in our culture and one of the primary archetypes for adults is the "bad boy" or the "bad girl." Steven was clearly channeling his inner "bad boy," because he dealt drugs, was a smart-*advertiser censored*, cranked the music loud, liked guns, had tattoos, was promiscuous, etc. - all stereotypical qualities of the "bad boy" archetype.
And Charli displayed qualities of the "bad girl" archetype: body piercings on her tongue, nipples, and clitoris.......had a skull ornament on her car.......ironic retro-gothic style...... and she had a very volatile, belligerent side to her personality that got her in trouble sometimes. So in some ways, she fits the "bad girl" archetype.

I am absolutely not suggesting that Charli was a bad person in any way, just that she could be seen as edgy in that "bad girl" way and it could account for an initial mutual fascination between Steven & Charli.
I understand what you are saying. There is a line though between image and actions, and essence.

There are girls who have all the semi-goth trappings and piercings, but they never do anything bad, and there are ones who look the part and lie and steal and help assault and even kill people. Charli seems to me a genuine nurturer and hard worker, who didn't want to have a bland image, and did not. But her essence was heart of gold and go the extra mile
for anyone. She was a giver. Steven is a taker. It's like in chemistry. The atoms that bond are when one lacks the very thing the other one has that is polarizing. They come together and stabilize. In this case, the pull was there but Steven wanted something else, not Charli. But he kept her on the hook, and she was a person who hoped things would change.

This is again something I relate to strongly. It took me decades to look back and see how people almost never changed a quality like fundamental selfishness.

I was going to post about girls wearing 501 Levis when I was young, Pua, but refrained as that is bordering on ancient history now. Those were designer jeans for budding counter culture types then.
I doubt Charli wore 32/30s anyway given her height, especially.

I think I understand your point, Mox. I just think of Charli as a counter-culture type, without any modifiers such as good or bad.

I understand what you are saying. There is a line though between image and actions, and essence.

There are girls who have all the semi-goth trappings and piercings, but they never do anything bad, and there are ones who look the part and lie and steal and help assault and even kill people. Charli seems to me a genuine nurturer and hard worker, who didn't want to have a bland image, and did not. But her essence was heart of gold and go the extra mile
for anyone. She was a giver. Steven is a taker. It's like in chemistry. The atoms that bond are when one lacks the very thing the other one has that is polarizing. They come together and stabilize. In this case, the pull was there but Steven wanted something else, not Charli. But he kept her on the hook, and she was a person who hoped things would change.

That is beautifully said, Puakenikeni!

I don't feel that Charli was bad, dark, or prone to evil-doing. Not at all. I see a bright, playful, loving girl when I see pics of her.

I just want us to look at all the players in this horrible crime in their full totality, seeing as much of the real personalities and dynamics as possible, so we can have a clear picture. People are very complex and have many different sides to their personalities, including Charli. But I don't think she was a "bad seed." Steven, on the other hand..... :-(

I was going to post about girls wearing 501 Levis when I was young, Pua, but refrained as that is bordering on ancient history now. Those were designer jeans for budding counter culture types then.
I doubt Charli wore 32/30s anyway given her height, especially.
sorry but ROFL and I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers ancient history.

That is beautifully said, Puakenikeni!

I don't feel that Charli was bad, dark, or prone to evil-doing. Not at all. I see a bright, playful, loving girl when I see pics of her.

I just want us to look at all the players in this horrible crime in their full totality, seeing as much of the real personalities and dynamics as possible, so we can have a clear picture. People are very complex and have many different sides to their personalities, including Charli. But I don't think she was a "bad seed." Steven, on the other hand..... :-(
exactly

I guess I'm the only one on here that actually met Cass in person. I thought she was funny and down to earth. You can see the stress of the murder and the trial in her eyes. No matter what she said to SC, she did not kill Charli. Don't forget SC told Fiona at Christmas that this would mess up his plans with Cass. SC did not want the baby from the start. If Charli were still alive would Cass have been responsible for SC being a deadbeat dad? Of course not. I want Cass to move on and get the hell out of dodge. I want Kim to find her daughter and be able to leave Maui. There is a lot more to life than this small island.

Friends of the accused are not on trial here so do not sleuth or post about them or make derogatory comments.

:tyou:

I guess I'm the only one on here that actually met Cass in person. I thought she was funny and down to earth. You can see the stress of the murder and the trial in her eyes. No matter what she said to SC, she did not kill Charli. Don't forget SC told Fiona at Christmas that this would mess up his plans with Cass. SC did not want the baby from the start. If Charli were still alive would Cass have been responsible for SC being a deadbeat dad? Of course not. I want Cass to move on and get the hell out of dodge. I want Kim to find her daughter and be able to leave Maui. There is a lot more to life than this small island.

Thank you for the perspective.

I have not forgotten what SC told Fiona; I was going to put that in my earlier post about gotcha moments.

I do truly wish Cass, and everyone touched by this atrocity the best and I do not in any way blame her for SC's actions.

I met her. Don't matter. She wasn't on island for the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member