Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A former employee of the Chester County Jail has received threatening phone calls related to the Holly Bobo case and involving a plot to assassinate Zach Adams, according to sheriff's office reports.

The caller went on to tell Austin he will "pay the price" if Adams "gets off," the report states. The caller also reportedly asked Austin how his son was doing and how the rain was at the time. Austin said he could not tell whether the caller was a male or female.

Austin said the call came about a week to 10 days after Adams was placed in the custody of the Chester County Sheriff's Office, according to the report. Austin had tendered his resignation at the time and was no longer an active employee, the report states.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Fo...-Zach-Adams-assassination-plot-288468711.html

I just read somewhere the defense has filed a motion asking for the new prosecutor to be removed.
Presumably they have a reasonable argument if this case doesn't begin to move along.

What else could possibly occur in this case? IMO, everything that is being done is to delay this trial for some reason. I think whatever happened goes much deeper than Holly's tragic murder.

Here's another article about a mystery caller urging a jailer to assassinate Zach Adams

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27849016/ex-jailer-recruited-to-help-assassinate-zach-adams

On Sunday, the jailer reported to Madison County authorities that he received a call from an unknown person stating that “you had an opportunity to take care of Zach Adams and if he gets off this you will pay the price,” according to the police report.

The jailer told Channel 4 that he was outraged that his name has been spread online.

After the threat, he said he fears for his family's safety. He feels that he has been victimized again by his name getting out.

The jailer told Channel 4 he has two sons, ages 6 and 8. When he received the most recent threatening phone call, the caller specially mentioned the rainy weather at the time of the call.

"I'm not worried about me. I'm a 46-year-old man," the jailer said. "But I am worried about both of my sons."

He said he didn't recognize the voices on the calls. Chester County investigators are working to subpoena phone records to try to identify who is responsible.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27849016/ex-jailer-recruited-to-help-assassinate-zach-adams#ixzz3OtXg7FxJ

Does anyone else find it strange that they're just now investigating when the first of these calls happened last spring? Kinda makes me wonder if they aren't trying to take everyone eye off of the other crap going on. I'd be pissed if I was this Austin fellow. There's no reason to release his name.

Does anyone else find it strange that they're just now investigating when the first of these calls happened last spring? Kinda makes me wonder if they aren't trying to take everyone eye off of the other crap going on. I'd be pissed if I was this Austin fellow. There's no reason to release his name.

My guess is that it is so they can claim that it is too dangerous to try them there, and therefore there has to be a change of venue. Of course everything will have to be put on hold for 6 to 12 months while that happens. More of the same.

My guess is that it is so they can claim that it is too dangerous to try them there, and therefore there has to be a change of venue. Of course everything will have to be put on hold for 6 to 12 months while that happens. More of the same.

Change of venue rarely creates a substantial delay in a case, and more often none at all.

The decision to make that change gets made during the same lag time leading up to trial as other things are occurring.

And when it gets time for the trial itself, it's simply a matter of the attorneys and defendant showing up at a different courthouse with (usually, but not always) a different judge and selecting jurors from the jury pool in that new location.

Three ring circus.

I bet the Bobo's are fit to be tied.....

Change of venue rarely creates a substantial delay in a case, and more often none at all.

The decision to make that change gets made during the same lag time leading up to trial as other things are occurring.

And when it gets time for the trial itself, it's simply a matter of the attorneys and defendant showing up at a different courthouse with (usually, but not always) a different judge and selecting jurors from the jury pool in that new location.

I'm pretty sure they'd already agreed on a change of venue. Me thinks they just want the public to concentrate on something other than the shortcomings of the prosecution.

I know it would take time, but for those who were not here on Holly's case in 2011 you could go back and read those earlier threads. It was discussed that it was quite likely there was more than one perp involved in Holly's abduction. We had even speculated that one of the those involved may have been a woman. We had discussed at length how the possibility of multiple participants increased the odds that someone would talk and information would be leaked.
I feel, and this is just me, that if the TBI had made any connections or built any trust within the community, then they would have received important clues within the first year of this case. Within the first year, all the A-train names were being discussed within the Parsons community. Chatter was circulating about Holly being stalked at the Coon Hunt event. Of course, TBI said nothing about this at all. We also questioned what Holly's activities had been in the days leading up to her disappearance. We had heard she may have attended a concert. Or was it her brother that attended the concert? Nothing could be confirmed because no one was answering any questions. How in the world can you help Law Enforcement if you have no idea where Holly had been...if perhaps you saw her...or if you knew someone who saw her...or if you had heard about an incident that involved her leading up to the disappearance?

The 911 calls were the earliest and best records of those very first moments of Holly's disappearance. The reasons they were never released are not clear to me. I do not care that LE does not HAVE to release them. They still SHOULD have released them. My understanding is that there were 3 calls. I think one of those was from Clint, Holly's brother. This call would be the most interesting and helpful. The times of the calls would also be pertinent. Could seeing that time clock and hearing that call trigger a memory for a local person? Could it bring a recall of a particular car or truck or event that went on the day of Holly's abduction? Perhaps it could have, if those calls had been released in a timely manner. Now, I fear its too late to be much good.

Due to the lack of information released to the public, I have always wondered if Holly was somehow involved with LE as an informant...or a witness to some type of crime. Could Holly have known information against one of these A-train men and have given this knowledge to police, thereby making her a target? I don't think Holly had any type of relationship with these criminal associations...but even so, she may have stumbled on something through a friend or school mate. I am just trying to speculate here. Why would Holly be a target? Why would LE release so little? Why would TBI be so slow and irresponsible?

I have no doubt in my mind these men did this crime. They kidnapped Holly, raped and killed her. I think several people saw Holly before she died. The community probably heard all of this in rumors and whisperings...and LE did nothing to try and confirm it. I don't know if it was the "good ole' boy" system at work or if LE is afraid of the A-train...or perhaps they have become complacent with the whole thing. Whatever the case, I almost hold them equally responsible for Holly's demise.

At this point, they either have the solid proof or they don't. Its not looking good. I'm not sure how they could screw this up but apparently they did. And the way I see it, I don't blame Stowe at all. He is a "come by lately" guy that recently got the files dropped in his lap, took a good look, and hit the roof. Says a lot about his character to me. He wasn't willing to stand by and let things go like the guys before him. He didn't cow down and say, "Well, this is bad. But I can't say anything because this is the TBI." No...I think he stood up to them and they were ticked.

I just pray that there is full justice for Holly Bobo in my lifetime. Because I know, if not in my lifetime, there will be justice in the next. And that's just my belief. And that's why I can sleep at night.

2 great posts on the last page Shef. Thanks.

I know it would take time, but for those who were not here on Holly's case in 2011 you could go back and read those earlier threads. It was discussed that it was quite likely there was more than one perp involved in Holly's abduction. We had even speculated that one of the those involved may have been a woman. We had discussed at length how the possibility of multiple participants increased the odds that someone would talk and information would be leaked.
I feel, and this is just me, that if the TBI had made any connections or built any trust within the community, then they would have received important clues within the first year of this case. Within the first year, all the A-train names were being discussed within the Parsons community. Chatter was circulating about Holly being stalked at the Coon Hunt event. Of course, TBI said nothing about this at all. We also questioned what Holly's activities had been in the days leading up to her disappearance. We had heard she may have attended a concert. Or was it her brother that attended the concert? Nothing could be confirmed because no one was answering any questions. How in the world can you help Law Enforcement if you have no idea where Holly had been...if perhaps you saw her...or if you knew someone who saw her...or if you had heard about an incident that involved her leading up to the disappearance?

The 911 calls were the earliest and best records of those very first moments of Holly's disappearance. The reasons they were never released are not clear to me. I do not care that LE does not HAVE to release them. They still SHOULD have released them. My understanding is that there were 3 calls. I think one of those was from Clint, Holly's brother. This call would be the most interesting and helpful. The times of the calls would also be pertinent. Could seeing that time clock and hearing that call trigger a memory for a local person? Could it bring a recall of a particular car or truck or event that went on the day of Holly's abduction? Perhaps it could have, if those calls had been released in a timely manner. Now, I fear its too late to be much good.

Due to the lack of information released to the public, I have always wondered if Holly was somehow involved with LE as an informant...or a witness to some type of crime. Could Holly have known information against one of these A-train men and have given this knowledge to police, thereby making her a target? I don't think Holly had any type of relationship with these criminal associations...but even so, she may have stumbled on something through a friend or school mate. I am just trying to speculate here. Why would Holly be a target? Why would LE release so little? Why would TBI be so slow and irresponsible?

I have no doubt in my mind these men did this crime. They kidnapped Holly, raped and killed her. I think several people saw Holly before she died. The community probably heard all of this in rumors and whisperings...and LE did nothing to try and confirm it. I don't know if it was the "good ole' boy" system at work or if LE is afraid of the A-train...or perhaps they have become complacent with the whole thing. Whatever the case, I almost hold them equally responsible for Holly's demise.

At this point, they either have the solid proof or they don't. Its not looking good. I'm not sure how they could screw this up but apparently they did. And the way I see it, I don't blame Stowe at all. He is a "come by lately" guy that recently got the files dropped in his lap, took a good look, and hit the roof. Says a lot about his character to me. He wasn't willing to stand by and let things go like the guys before him. He didn't cow down and say, "Well, this is bad. But I can't say anything because this is the TBI." No...I think he stood up to them and they were ticked.

I just pray that there is full justice for Holly Bobo in my lifetime. Because I know, if not in my lifetime, there will be justice in the next. And that's just my belief. And that's why I can sleep at night.

I think it's a huge leap to simply assume that because LE didn't tell you and me, that means they never looked closely and investigated these guys from the outset. If you look and chase and poke and prod and investigate and pursue and there's no real trial-worthy proof, you can't go out and arrest anyhow just because the locals happened to whisper about these guys as being bad guys. I bet LE knew that, but they had to find proof for THIS crime, not for being a bad guy in general. Heck, they may have had a microscope up the butt of all these guys from day one, without finding a thing until people (perhaps) started blabbing.

Is it POSSIBLE that LE was slow? Or negligent? Or crooked? Or stupid? Sure, any of those are possible. But it's also possible - and imo a million times more likely - that they simply couldn't find actual evidence that would point to THESE guys for THIS crime. Whispers, innuendo, gossip, and suspicion from the local sewing circle is not usable in court. It takes real evidence.

I think it's a huge leap to simply assume that because LE didn't tell you and me, that means they never looked closely and investigated these guys from the outset. If you look and chase and poke and prod and investigate and pursue and there's no real trial-worthy proof, you can't go out and arrest anyhow just because the locals happened to whisper about these guys as being bad guys. I bet LE knew that, but they had to find proof for THIS crime, not for being a bad guy in general. Heck, they may have had a microscope up the butt of all these guys from day one, without finding a thing until people (perhaps) started blabbing.

Is it POSSIBLE that LE was slow? Or negligent? Or crooked? Or stupid? Sure, any of those are possible. But it's also possible - and imo a million times more likely - that they simply couldn't find actual evidence that would point to THESE guys for THIS crime. Whispers, innuendo, gossip, and suspicion from the local sewing circle is not usable in court. It takes real evidence.

Well said!

So true - but what amazes me is how these perps could get away with it; figuring their background and drug use, how could they be so clever... and that goes back to how the crime done so well...

:seeya:

It will be interesting to see HOW this Change of Venue issue is handled in this case since it is a high profile case ... and I agree that it will be made closer to the time of trial.

NOT to go off topic, but this is how the "change of venue" was handled in the Casey Anthony Trial ... going from "my memory" :)

- Judge Perry, the Prosecutors and the DT physically travelled to Pinellas County -- the Jury Selection was held AT the Courthouse in Pinellas County.

- The jurors from that jurisdiction filled out questionnaires, voir dire, etc.

[Of course, the potential jurors knew what was going on when they walked in and saw KC, Baez, etc., high profile case.]

- When jury selection was finished, the jurors were sworn in, then sent home to pack as they were being bussed to Orange County for sequestration.

- The Trial was held in Orange County with same judge, same everything with the exception of Jurors from another county.

I hope that made sense ...Oh, and we know what happened in that case :gaah:

I have NO IDEA how it will be handled in Holly's case, but this is just an example of "change of venue." IF anyone has any other examples, please post them !

TIA!

In this case however they might try to physically move them to somewhere else because "someone is trying to assassinate them". That would delay everything, at least for a while.

It might just be another ploy by LE to further isolate them to try and pressure them to "crack" however. For example, the could use it as excuse to place them in isolation 24 hours a day being constantly watched with no contact to the outside world. It wouldn't be the first time that LE have done that in this case. I think it just underlines how slim the evidence against these guys is, they need to pressure them into confessing because there isn't much else so that is what they try to do.

"but this is just an example of "change of venue." IF anyone has any other examples, please post them !"

There was a Dallas city council official who was indicted in Dallas about 10 yrs ago for taking bribes. The whole trial was simply moved to west Texas - new judge (as i recall), jurors from there, tried there, etc.

"but this is just an example of "change of venue." IF anyone has any other examples, please post them !"

There was a Dallas city council official who was indicted in Dallas about 10 yrs ago for taking bribes. The whole trial was simply moved to west Texas - new judge (as i recall), jurors from there, tried there, etc.

:seeya: Thank You, Steve !

It's going to be interesting to see how the "change of venue" will be handled in Holly's case.

And I have NO idea how it works in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member