How much time will Ron get?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he gets the maximum on all of the charges to be consecutive. 30+30+?6?= 66.

I think if he gets less than the ones already sentenced then there is something really smelly down there. I am wishing for 30 years but who knows when it comes to him.

I hope he gets the maximum on all of the charges to be consecutive. 30+30+?6?= 66.
I understand your thinking, but what I would like to see, (but it's too late), is fair sentences in these drug cases, & the Haleigh case solved, & those guilty people tended to. I don't like that LE can call somebody a murder suspect, in drug court, & not be forced to show proof. They called Tommy a suspect, how long ago? & still nothing. Before that, they threatened him with felony murder charges. but, still nothing. I don't like this consolation justice, at all. I say if LE is gonna talk the talk, they need to walk the walk.

Will Ron's prior drug poss'n charges and poss'n of narcotic equipment be read in Court and factor into the Judge’s decision? Is Ron appearing before Judge Terry LaRue? Although Ron was charged with possession of narcotic equipment and or use, he has never been charged with drug trafficking before. Ron was charged with POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE), DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION, POSSESSION OF NEW LEGEND DRUG WO PRESCRIPTION, and one charge of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

These are serious offenses. IIRC Ron was later charged for violating firearm regulations, hunting at night, and uttering threats wasn't he?

Because Ron's drug history is worse than Hope and Donna's, I think his sentence should be greater than 15 years. Tommy was sentenced to 15 years because a LEO told Judge Terry LaRue Tommy is a suspect in HaLeigh's case although no charges have been filed against him. Rightfully everyone should be considered innocent until proven guilty but because of the overlapping investigation into HaLeigh Cummings case, the reality is everyone is a suspect until proven innocent.

893.13(6A) Principal DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
893.13(6A) Principal DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
893.147(1) Principal NARCOTIC EQUIP POSSESS-AND OR USE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
741.31 Principal VIOL INJUNCTION PROTECTION DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
499.03 Principal DRUGS-POSSESS NEW LEGEND DRUG WO PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned

Docket Information:
Date Description Pages Image
10/27/2005 COURT EVENT CANCELLED The following event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY scheduled for 11/04/2005 at 9:00 am has been resulted as follows: Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
10/27/2005 Payment of Court Cost 0 None
10/19/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Ref: Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: 1 Prosecutor Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Bond Amount: $5000 The following field(s) on arrest bond 1 have been modified: New Bond Status Added: BOND RELEASED New Bond Status Date Added: 10/18/2005 0 None
10/18/2005 NOTICE OF CASE DISPOSITION/ACTION-DECLINED 1 Image
10/5/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Arrest Bond Added to Case with: Arrest Date: 09/26/2005 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: Prosecutor Action Code: Custody Location: Bond Status: Posted Status Date: 09/28/2005 Bond Type: Surety Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Bond Amount: $5000 Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Cash Depositor: 0 None
10/3/2005 Court Event Set Event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY Date: 11/04/2005 Time: 9:00 am Judge: ROBERTS, CHARLES E Location: Courtroom 3-A Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
9/29/2005 ADVISORY HEARING BOND 2 Image
9/29/2005 COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE 1 Image
9/29/2005 EVIDENCE / PROPERTY RECEIPT 10 Image
9/29/2005 REPORT 2 Image
9/29/2005 PROBABLE CAUSE AFFIDAVIT (FHPF05OFF062270) 17 Image
9/29/2005 NOTICE TO APPEAR - CRIMINAL 1 Image
9/28/2005 INVOCATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS 1 Image
9/28/2005 INDIGENCY CIRCUIT CASE APPROVED Receipt: 422546 Date: 10/27/ 1 Image
9/28/2005 BOND - PAPER POWER # 2005-AA-07 3 Image
9/28/2005 DECISION TO DECLINE TO APPLY FOR THE SERVICES OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER 1 Image

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ron C.

Sad to say but I think the judge will decide that Ron's prior history is irrelevant and therefore, will it will not be considered for sentencing.

Yes but more than likely the sentences will be served concurrently.
I don't know how that is decided, if it is a decision the judge makes or not.

Thank you so much for both your posts twall.

I think that they will be served concurrently also.

But perhaps the judge will surprise us?

I think Ron will get 15+15+3 but the sentences will be served concurrently. He is as guilty as any of them on these drug charges and should be sentenced accordingly, imho.

I would be surprised if Ron has to serve any more than 15 years. Just MOO as always.

I understand your thinking, but what I would like to see, (but it's too late), is fair sentences in these drug cases, & the Haleigh case solved, & those guilty people tended to. I don't like that LE can call somebody a murder suspect, in drug court, & not be forced to show proof. They called Tommy a suspect, how long ago? & still nothing. Before that, they threatened him with felony murder charges. but, still nothing. I don't like this consolation justice, at all. I say if LE is gonna talk the talk, they need to walk the walk.

Thank you, I don't like it either. Tommy has been railroaded....Why not ALL of them?

I gave my prediction in a different thread awhile back but I'll post it here, in the right place..I think he's gonna get 25 yrs for the drug charges.

Can a sentence on a charge that carries a minimum mandatory be suspended?
Is that even an option? I don't expect mkay to know this, just jumping off the post as it got me wondering if a suspended is possible.
krkrjx did you see anything about this during your research?

No suspended in Florida for any man-min and not anywhere for trafficking. Take it for what it's worth to ya.

Ronald's sentencing is scheduled for 9:00 am this Friday the 24th.

If Ron gets the same amount of time as Hope, then something is really rotten down there. She had one charge, he still has 3, He will get at least 10 more years than Hope, imo.

Can a sentence on a charge that carries a minimum mandatory be suspended?
Is that even an option? I don't expect mkay to know this, just jumping off the post as it got me wondering if a suspended is possible.
krkrjx did you see anything about this during your research?

According to Kim P. attorney for Crystal (at one time) Ron's charges, although unlikely, could even be dropped.
I reiterate KP said "could be but is unlikely"
So, yes, I would assume all of that is left up to the discretion of the judge.

BTW, I read that from KP on Radio's site where a Q&A has been set up. Very informative.

I am just hoping for at least 15 years...not going to get my hopes up for anything more...as much I would love to hear 25-35, I know we won't, for some reason, so please, just put him away for at least 15...that is still a long time...:(

I'm hoping for the full sentence, but am fully prepared to hear 15 years and throw things around my room.... :D

25 years or longer is what I think ....

I think the big "to-do" about Ron's plea and assisting in future proceedings, etc., was a smokescreen thrown up by...take your pick...so that his sentence would be more easily swallowed by the public. And, that's why I don't think he will have to serve over 15 years - the stage is set for a lesser sentence. All JMO

I don't think Ron would've agreed to talk for anyrthing more than 15 or so years. He would've just taken his chances with a trial.

It is going to be interesting to see if the judge goes light on a "grieving" father and a little boy who will grow up without his father when he, the judge, did not consider Tommy's children at all in his sentencing.

It is going to be interesting to see if the judge goes light on a "grieving" father and a little boy who will grow up without his father when he, the judge, did not consider Tommy's children at all in his sentencing.
the last thing I want to see are double standards. I think these sentences have been crazy, but now all I want to see is consistency, & I don't want Ron to be where the judge decides to be more grounded. Does anybody know what's going on with WBG?

Just to give you an example of what power a judge has over a case. Consider the link below. This is in my hometown paper today. Who wants to bet that this same judge will go very light on this doctor dealing drugs out of a pain clinic.

http://legal.blogs.starnewsonline.com/11357/wilmington-doctors-bond-dives-from-1-million-to-150k/

This judge acted against the wishes of the prosecutor. Tells you that with enough money you can buy your way out of anything.

This is just one example of "justice" and why I am so cynical about Ron ever getting what he deserves for his crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak