How to get yourself & a child out of the school and into a vehicle?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think a good question that goes along with the theme of this thread is Why would someone think ahead of time that they could leave unseen with a child under the crowded conditions? That puzzles me.

I don't think it was crowded. At least not outside.

Looking at the side exit. She may have pulled the car right up to the door...parallel with the wall there....leaving the car unlocked and told her son to meet her in the car. If she was seen, she was seen leaving alone.

Classes didn't start till 10:00am. She left before most parents would arrive, half-way between when the doors opened and when people would actually be showing up. I am betting most didn't get there till after 9:00 and probably closer to 10:00am. The working parents may have been there early and ran off to get to work....not taking notice of people.

The pic shows just a few people....one parent to the left and a parent with a daughter in the back.

Am I the only person who NOTICES what is going on around them??? This is driving me nuts. Surely, lots of people pay attention - particularly a child leaving school in the morning. It would be very obvious. I cannot imagine anyone planning a murder this way. That would be too great a gamble leaving allot up to pure chance.

I ran errands all day today. I cannot remember a single person or car in a single parking lot from the entire day. Sometimes I notice things, yes. But our brains tend to discriminate between useful and non useful information. So even if we "see" something we have no reason to remember. And remember, we are talking about a situation in which

a) it's the morning - when many parents are sipping their coffees in order to "wake up" and when they are thinking about all the other things they have to do that day.
b) it's raining/drizzling and about 50 degrees - not exactly dilly dallying weather for people with kids, even for us Portlanders. Add in hoodies, and adults dashing back to their cars to get back to work ... who is looking?
c) this is a very small school - how many people were really in the lot at any given moment? I suspect there were minutes here and there when only one or two person(s) were coming or going.
d) even if a person does see Kyron in the parking lot or getting in/out of a car, how sure of it can they be? Maybe they wear glasses that have fogged up partially. Or maybe he is getting in/out of a vehicle at the far end of the parking lot and they only see the back of his head.

I ran errands all day today. I cannot remember a single person or car in a single parking lot from the entire day. Sometimes I notice things, yes. But our brains tend to discriminate between useful and non useful information. So even if we "see" something we have no reason to remember. And remember, we are talking about a situation in which

a) it's the morning - when many parents are sipping their coffees in order to "wake up" and when they are thinking about all the other things they have to do that day.
b) it's raining/drizzling and about 50 degrees - not exactly dilly dallying weather for people with kids, even for us Portlanders. Add in hoodies, and adults dashing back to their cars to get back to work ... who is looking?
c) this is a very small school - how many people were really in the lot at any given moment? I suspect there were minutes here and there when only one or two person(s) were coming or going.
d) even if a person does see Kyron in the parking lot or getting in/out of a car, how sure of it can they be? Maybe they wear glasses that have fogged up partially. Or maybe he is getting in/out of a vehicle at the far end of the parking lot and they only see the back of his head.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is oblivious to her surroundings. I would make a terrible witness. I remember going to my kids school activities and I couldn't tell you a soul who was there. I didn't know any of the parents and it was a small school, too. Now if someone came in wearing neon green hot pants and a hot pick hoodie I might notice but not everyday things.
I imagine you are right. There probably wasn't anyone out in the parking lot at the time she left and she knew it. If anyone had noticed her or Kyron leaving the building they would have told LE about it.

I have a question about the family believing that Kyron was taken at about 9am. Since the kids were supposed to be in their classroom at 8:45 to gather into groups of five before touring other classes, someone should have seen Kyron in those fifteen minutes. A teacher, principal, volunteer, cafeteria worker, someone should have seen him not being where he was supposed to be. Why wait til right at 8:45 to get a child to his classroom in the first place, and What happened to the 8:15 teacher sighting of Kyron and his SM? There's a big difference between 8:15 and 9:00.

Thanks Tx...didn't know that. I thought they had to be at class by 10:00am. So 8:45 is when they were put into groups.

When were the exhibits put up for display? Was it the day before? or that morning? I would think a teacher would be around to direct the displays...so it may have been done prior and just the diarama (sp?) was brought that day. His project certainly looked like a parent did the entire thing..anyway...I suspect if he was there that day, he and stepmom arrived very early. They came in one entrance and left out another. When he walked down the hallway to allegedly go to class, he was actually walking to another exit where stepmom was waiting in the car. She lied about the time. When that PIC was taken of Kyron, the room was practically deserted leading me to believe it was very early.

She walked out alone of one exit and Kyron walked out alone at another...The car was either parked there for Kyron or she drove it around to the door and off they went.

The thing is, she is the parent. It would not look out of place for her to be walking with him. If she weren't the parent then I can understand the need to be clandestine and leave from different exits. I would think that would look even more suspicious if noticed. I just think that at the time they left there weren't any people in the parking lot or paying any attention to who was leaving. I don't know if it was planned or the perp got lucky but the fact is no one has come forward to say they saw either Kyron or SM leave.

or

d) he left (was lured or taken) through the exit on the field side of the school (the exit closest to his classroom).

or

e) the school didn't always follow the policy

or

f) some adults or kids didn't always follow the policy

or

g) some people didn't even know about and therefore follow the policy

or

h) Kyron never left the school

Here's another reason I do think that's a door, BeanE. From Skyline's Handbook:

That portico is on the East side of the building and the only place on the East side where someone could check into the office without entering other "portions" of the building.
Like I said, park there just south of the portico, and Kyron could exit through that door and get into the truck without people in the parking lot seeing him and without people in the school front hallway seeing the truck. *Note that east is at the bottom of this view.
southeastdoor.jpg

Thanks, Steadfast. I think you're going to save my sanity on this. Are we sure that white door-looking thing on the opposite end isn't the door? My eyesight isn't so good, and it's too small/unclear to me to tell for sure. See, all this time, because of very early discussions, I thought that white thing was the door. And driving back to that door raised the risk of being seen too much (for me).

I'm going to poke around some more in old threads today, or if anyone can confirm the white thingie is not the door and the portico is, it would be great, because I really think that would be our answer - not of how it actually happened necessarily, but a way it definitely could have. That is, both adult and child exit the portico door, w/the adult having driven the vehicle just slightly back to that door and paused quickly while the child climbs in. Ruses that children fall for easily take care of everything else for me.

Thanks so much, Steadfast.

Thanks, Steadfast. I think you're going to save my sanity on this. Are we sure that white door-looking thing on the opposite end isn't the door? My eyesight isn't so good, and it's too small/unclear to me to tell for sure. See, all this time, because of very early discussions, I thought that white thing was the door. And driving back to that door raised the risk of being seen too much (for me).

I'm going to poke around some more in old threads today, or if anyone can confirm the white thingie is not the door and the portico is, it would be great, because I really think that would be our answer - not of how it actually happened necessarily, but a way it definitely could have. That is, both adult and child exit the portico door, w/the adult having driven the vehicle just slightly back to that door and paused quickly while the child climbs in. Ruses that children fall for easily take care of everything else for me.

Thanks so much, Steadfast.

It may well be one too. A more direct exit out of that gym/cafeteria would be required by fire regulations; to me there appears to be one on the opposite side of the gym too.

BTW, has anyone determined where buses park at the start and end of school (my daughter's elementary school had separate areas for each)? The only place that makes sense to me would be one of those two doors at the gym side. But it sure doesn't look like there's much room for them to turn around.

It may well be one too. A more direct exit out of that gym/cafeteria would be required by fire regulations; to me there appears to be one on the opposite side of the gym too.

BTW, has anyone determined where buses park at the start and end of school (my daughter's elementary school had separate areas for each)? The only place that makes sense to me would be one of those two doors at the gym side. But it sure doesn't look like there's much room for them to turn around.

Oh God, I forgot the buses!!! I wish we knew where the buses park. They must line up somewhere to drop off the kids in the mornings. If it's along the east side, which seems most logical, then that whole side of the building is out as a possibility :(

Back to the puzzle...

The Today show just had a feature on Kyron's case. There were lots of pics of the school from outside.

I haven't posted on this thread because I haven't felt I could logically put for a theory until I saw some 'real' street view pics of Skyline school. Now that I have seen these shots of the school I do not think it would be at all difficult to abduct a child unseen.

I will post my theory later and will provide a link to the coverage of the Today show once it's on their site. BM wrote a letter to Kyron which was heartbreaking and Clint van Sandt commented after the video. It was good coverage.

Hope this isn't too OT but seeing the video changed some of my theories.

wm

Oh God, I forgot the buses!!! I wish we knew where the buses park. They must line up somewhere to drop off the kids in the mornings. If it's along the east side, which seems most logical, then that whole side of the building is out as a possibility :(

Back to the puzzle...
maybe not

southeastdoor.jpg

The drop off has to be that door marked by the X, there's really no other place.

That's a miniscule parking lot, even for a school with only ~300 students. I can imagine on a 'normal' day it would be a mess.

So we have a day where there's an open house going on at a time when kids are being dropped off by parents in private cars and the buses are unloading. Families and friends and kids coming and going, the lot and every available spot near the school and alongside the road was probably taken. Cars trying to get in and out of that tiny area. It was no doubt a huge mess. I can see where one little boy in the midst of all that confusion wouldn't have been noticed. Getting lost in a crowd, kwim?

OR...

With all the chaos and hubbub going on over on that side of the school, perhaps no one would have noticed a little boy slipping out the opposite side of the school, near his classroom, where a dirt road leads right from that door and out onto the street in front of the school. The trees and brush in front of the school would have gone a long way in blocking the view from the parking lot to the soccer field area on the opposite side. With all the attention focused on the east side of the school, and then the line of sight likely obscured, IMO it's quite possible he was taken or otherwise left through the door leading out to the field.

I think that a way to get Kryon out of the building unnoticed would be to take off his glasses. I noticed that in one of his pictures in front of his science project that he was NOT wearing is glasses and looks completely different. Maybe someone can post the picture of Kryon without his glasses as I'm not sure how to do that.

As far as SM being unrecognizable, I guess it would depend on how glammed up she normally is. I noticed that she looked completely different at the press conference than from her other pictures that I have seen of her.

They removed the glasses in that photo so that people could see what he looked like without them if I recall correctly

I think that a way to get Kryon out of the building unnoticed would be to take off his glasses. I noticed that in one of his pictures in front of his science project that he was NOT wearing is glasses and looks completely different. Maybe someone can post the picture of Kryon without his glasses as I'm not sure how to do that.

As far as SM being unrecognizable, I guess it would depend on how glammed up she normally is. I noticed that she looked completely different at the press conference than from her other pictures that I have seen of her.

BBM

LE "photoshopped" his picture with the science project to show how he'd look without his glasses.

IMO, it's still not an accurate image of him without glasses as his eyes are still magnified in size (as a result of the thick lenses). There is however a photo of him at a pool without glasses where you can see what he really looks like when he's not wearing them.

I think it's a given that there are plenty of ruses that can be told to a child to get them to do different things. What's making me crazy is, looking at the pictures, how you physically get both yourself and a child to a vehicle. For example, if you look at your possible doors to exit from, if you pulled the vehicle onto the grass, that would stand out too much.

It's like doing a Rubik's cube lol. A puzzle. Following the pictures and trying to figure out how to get not only yourself, but a child out of that building and into a vehicle without being seen.

I'm still confused on the other child saying that Kyron was going to look at an electricity project. Where did that come from in the child's mind if it wasn't true? I just can't see a kid making something like that up, but I guess stranger things have happened. Has LE completely tossed out that child's recollection? That spells out a huge clue to this case if it's true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast
Back