Huckaby tied to January missing girl report

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait stop the bus did you all catch this?

Along with the statement that snapdragon provided us we see Lane quoted as saying:

Lawless says he has not seen his granddaughter since her arrest and he has no plans to visit her in jail.

Do I see a rift? Looks like not all the Lawless' folk support MH? At least that is how I read into it.

Question: Does Christian Sinclair even have a child of this age ? What a grim thought. He was described as a violent man with a drinking problem.

I don't think this is his child. They are only talking about the little girl's mom and grandmother.

If she was a child of Sinclair's the media would be all over that connection.

imo

So --- if mom would not have called the police when she did, and the police would not have found the girl at the park - what would have happened to this girl? If, as Nursebee speculates, the drug was given to the girl shortly before police arrived, that means MH didn't have time to do much (thank God!). Also, what if the mom had not taken the girl to the hospital? She too might have died. Obviously, the girl acted like she was under the influence of something - did the doctor at the hospital give the child anything to counteract the benzos?

Man... this child was lucky, very lucky. On NG tonight they said the mother of this child had alcohol on her breath. My opinion of that is that even with alcohol in her system, this mom still acted appropriately and in the best interest of her child and may have saved her daughter's life by reporting her missing and/or taking her to the hospital.

Close calls like this really scare the bejees out of a person, ya know?

Salem

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, been lurking for ages. =) Some issues with my email addy when trying to register.

Anyways!

I could not be more disgusted by this woman. This article was just the icing on the cake. When I first heard the whisperings of another possible victim....ugh.

I found it interesting though that in this case and Sandra's case it took the parents 4 hours to report the child missing. I know its been a bit of a debate in previous threads about letting kids wander etc. I don't want to start anything heated but IMO it seems like maybe MH is picking out the kids who are allowed to wander freely. IMO 4 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to not have contact with a kid that age, or Sandra's age. Seems a little stalkerish that she has on two occasions picked up children who were unsupervised for a length of time.

I too cannot imagine these little girls wandering around all afternoon and no one to ask where they are, check on them regularly, coordinate their visits with other parents and children, etc.

I'm wondering if Huckaby might end up being revealed as a pedophile/child predator. They profile their victims in just this way.

Whoa, maybe Grampa Lawless has some strong opinions about MH activities that have come to light and maybe that's why Connie cut him off at the pass rather than let him yack to reporters earlier?

(O/T I'm married to a very sweet, loving, kind man. But he's only that way to me and the kids HAHA! As of right now he's a very outspoken gruff grumpy 1sg and I have to cut him off at the pass sometimes too...because you just never know what is going to fly out of his mouth and slap someone upside the face :angel:)

I was reading the original article posted at the beginning of this thread when I got to the comments under it. I realize that the drug found in the child was FOUND in her blood, so "no grounds for arrest" couldn't be because they didn't find any drug, as I had wondered. I'm assuming the police log report actually states the drug was found in the child at the ER and has a hospital lab report to back that up.

I'm confused. Obviously.

In the comment section, from an anoymous person, of course: A person who lives in the Orchard Estates community says that the police went door to door to find the missing child in January, and the residents were told she was found at her "friend's house". That sounds like Huckaby's child and house, of course. Did Huckaby use her little girl and parents' religious affiliations to lure children?

A couple of things about this article bother me. One, the "Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park" can therefore techincally be called A PARK. So is that the "park" in question getting mixed up with WHERE the little girl was taken? Or not?

And this really bothers me about the article: it's poorly constructed and keeps bouncing back and forth between the case of the drugged child in January and Sandra's disappearance and murder. The reporter doesn't always make it clear which case she's referring to at times, so I had to go back and reread. Again, confusing as to exactly what happened. I wonder if the police report is that boondoggled.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...report =&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

KoldKase,

I think it was not the MHP they were referring to. They say MH "took" her in her car. I would not think she would need a car to stay within the MHP. It is not that large of an area. JMO... has not been clarified. Maybe it was the Clover Road Baptist Church park? (being snarky).

Except for the mention of blue eyes in the news report, this girl is sounding a lot like Sandra... 45lbs, 7y/o (in Jan), mom/grandmother in charge of her... hmmmm.

Quote:
"Lawless says he has not seen his granddaughter since her arrest and he has no plans to visit her in jail."

Maybe he doesn't like her? Far more disturbing to me in that article, is the fact that the Dr. Phil Show is on the prowl in Tracy.

Whoa, maybe Grampa Lawless has some strong opinions about MH activities that have come to light and maybe that's why Connie cut him off at the pass rather than let him yack to reporters earlier?

(O/T I'm married to a very sweet, loving, kind man. But he's only that way to me and the kids HAHA! As of right now he's a very outspoken gruff grumpy 1sg and I have to cut him off at the pass sometimes too...because you just never know what is going to fly out of his mouth and slap someone upside the face :angel:)

I agree about Grampa Lawless - Kat. If it was me, I sure would be pizzed. Grampa had LE breathing down his neck like no tomorrow, thinking HE was involved in Sandra's disappearance. Pretty scary if you are innocent. From the git go, he said MH definitely knew right from wrong and he has not appeared to be very sympathic towards her. I'm praying that this God fearing family will encourage MH to do the right thing - if she did this, she needs to plead guilty and let the chips fall where they may.

One of my biggest grips about MH is that she was ordered by the court to get mental health counseling. She KNEW she was having trouble keeping it together. She KNEW! She should have called a psychitrist or had herself committed BEFORE this happened. No excuses.

Salem

Egads Dr. Phil :doh: that's all I will say sorry.

KoldKase,

I think it was not the MHP they were referring to. They say MH "took" her in her car. I would not think she would need a car to stay within the MHP. It is not that large of an area. JMO... has not been clarified. Maybe it was the Clover Road Baptist Church park? (being snarky).

Thanks, I think you're right. I was reading the other articles on the "confession" thread on this topic and they clarified it was a "park" Huckaby took her child and the other child TO.

One of those articles also gives a better description of how this unfolded, and it seems more ambiguous, if possible. I can see up to a point how LE decided not to arrest anyone. But the point which I CAN'T get past is the drug in the child's bloodstream. Even if it was four hours later when the mother took the child to the ER, then why wasn't that MOTHER interrogated, the child questioned extensively by professionals?

I don't get it. Even if it was deemed to be an "accident" and the child took the drug from her mother's supply or Huckaby's cabinet--which would be very strange in itself--why hasn't that been said in the police report? "Accidental drug ingestion"...something like that?

Oh well, LE is not talking, since it involves a minor and now Huckaby's murder charges.

But the neighbor said she was told BY THE FBI not to talk about this child drugging. When did the FBI get into this investigation? Maybe there IS a child *advertiser censored* ring connection we won't hear about if and until they have exhausted that...?

Except for the mention of blue eyes in the news report, this girl is sounding a lot like Sandra... 45lbs, 7y/o (in Jan), mom/grandmother in charge of her... hmmmm.

Bouncing off that Idea with another snapdragon...could be the "type" look she likes? 7-8 yrs old, female, light hair...?

Okay that just grossed me out ugh.

If M. took this child without permission off the street and transported her to another location it should have been kidnapping. She may have started out at the park til the child was drugged, but I doubt if she stayed at the park for 4 hours. To dismiss it just because the little girl's mother had alcohol on her breath and meds in her purse is horrible. Anyone might have a belt or two if they couldn't find their little girl for hours.

Thanks, I think you're right. I was reading the other articles on the "confession" thread on this topic and they clarified it was a "park" Huckaby took her child and the other child TO.

One of those articles also gives a better description of how this unfolded, and it seems more ambiguous, if possible. I can see up to a point how LE decided not to arrest anyone. But the point which I CAN'T get past is the drug in the child's bloodstream. Even if it was four hours later when the mother took the child to the ER, then why wasn't that MOTHER interrogated, the child questioned extensively by professionals?

I don't get it. Even if it was deemed to be an "accident" and the child took the drug from her mother's supply or Huckaby's cabinet--which would be very strange in itself--why hasn't that been said in the police report? "Accidental drug ingestion"...something like that?

Oh well, LE is not talking, since it involves a minor and now Huckaby's murder charges.

But the neighbor said she was told BY THE FBI not to talk about this child drugging. When did the FBI get into this investigation? Maybe there IS a child *advertiser censored* ring connection we won't hear about if and until they have exhausted that...?

Sgt. S. says the child being in the park that had drugs in her system is now a part of the Huckaby case so I am sure the FBI is going back and investigating everything and has told everyone not to comment on the particulars..

I am sure the police did not think she got the drugs from her mother since it was her mother that took her to the hospital.

KoldKase the FBI was called in when it was determined that Sandra was not just missing but had been abducted. IIRC TPD asked for their assistance.

I don't think it was Sandra because on NG tonight and JVM they said the police did not take the mother seriously because she had alcohol on her breath and some kind of drug issue. I don't know... but I don't think Sandra's mom drinks. Again, I don't know, I just don't think the description fits.

Salem

Shorter-acting benzodiazepines, used to manage insomnia, include estazolam (ProSom), flurazepam (Dalmane), quazepam (Doral), temazepam (Restoril) and triazolam (Halcion).

Benzodiazepines with longer durations of action include alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), halazepam (Paxipam), lorazepam (Ativan), oxazepam (Serax) and prazepam (Centrax).
These longer acting drugs are primarily used for the treatment of general anxiety. Midazolam (Versed) is available in the United States only in an injectable form for an adjunct to anesthesia. Clonazepam (Klonopin) is recommended for use in the treatment of seizure disorders.
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/benz01.htm

If I were LE I would be looking in the Lawless trailer for any of the bolded benzos. I think that Melissa would have used something close at hand/easy to use. Versed is out as it is injectible and used in hospitals for procedures and IV conscious sedation.

Over the last week I have pondered what mental condition Melissa may have been treated for, and coupled with the alleged cutting by her high school friend I wondered if she might have been bipolar. Food for thought... but there are many benzos that are used in the treatment of bpd including:
http://bipolar.about.com/od/librium/Librium.htm
http://bipolar.about.com/od/benzodiazepines/Benzodiazepines.htm

cutting and bpd:
Self-injury can also be a symptom for psychiatric problems like borderline personality disorder, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia,
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/cutting-self-harm-signs-treatment

What is also interesting to note is that pyromania and cleptomania can occur during the manic phases of bpd. Melissa has engaged in both of these activities.....(((alledgedly))

Bouncing off that Idea with another snapdragon...could be the "type" look she likes? 7-8 yrs old, female, light hair...?

Okay that just grossed me out ugh.

I'm wondering if it actually was Sandra, and the press got the eye color wrong. Wouldn't be the first time they got facts wrong.

I posted this to another thread, but once I said to a Doc (not army doc) back in 2003 that I was having "a bit of anxiety and couldn't sleep" after my DH's first deployment.

Well one of the prescriptions was for Klonpin(?spelling). One dose was enough to tell me that I really didn't need that and yoga was a better fit for me...but what I remember is that stuff made me not remember a dang thing...period.

I think it's a benzo and if one dose did that to my hefty behind what would it do to a 45 pound child?

I can't believe Tracy PD wrote this one off. Shame on them. I mean, if my daughter fell and hurt herself and we were at home having a dinner party with wine involved, I"D have wine on my breath at the hosptial. GIVE ME A BREAK. and EVEN if the mom is a total drunk and drug addict, you ALWAYS investigate a child who's been drugged. I mean, even if they thought she got into her mom's stuff, you investigate!!! I just cannot believe this one. Can't wait to hear more. They could've potentially prevented the murder of Sandra Cantu. Shame on tracy PD>

bold is mine. I couldn't belive it either (and glad I didn't):

A family in the Orchard Estate Mobile Home park, where Huckaby and Cantu lived, reported the 7-year old girl missing on January 17th.

Police say the girl was gone from around 1:30 p.m. to around 5 p.m. when the child's mother called police.
Tracy Police found the girl at a park with Huckaby.
Huckaby reportedly returned the girl to her mother and police left soon after without making any arrests.

A few hours later, the family took the girl to a local hospital where a blood test showed she was under the influence of the muscle relaxant Benzodiazepines.
The child's mother reported the findings to police.
But police said they were not able to prove that Huckaby gave the girl the drugs due to the time that had passed before the girl was taken to the hospital.
http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...-Be-Link-to-Anot=1&blockID=252627&feedID=1198

I would think that if Police found the child slobbering and incoherent they would have followed up immediately.. that is telling me that the drug was given to her shortly before LE arrived and that it was a longer acting benzo that had a longer onset of action with a longer half life (see above post for long acting benzos). I am thinking..... and just nurse~like thinking that she was given Librium or Klonopin (maybe Ativan or Xanax) and I would place a bet, just a small bet, that Huckaby was on one of those drugs for bpd. (just a guess/thought)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back