Huntington Contacted on Dec. 11/Will TH Ever Testify Again **Merged**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will Dr. Tim Huntington ever testify in another trial

• YES, he did great

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • NO, JA tore his credibility apart on the stand today and he won't put himself through that again!

Votes: 110 38.2%
  • I don't know, but JA was picking on poor Dr. Huntington

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Yes, even though he didn't do so great

Votes: 95 33.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 53 18.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A loooooong time ago I posted a question wondering why I couldn't see that tire wedge that George talked about that was supposed to be screwed down in Casey's trunk. You know, the one he pretended he wanted to get out of the trunk when Casey came home and ended up shoving the "stolen" gas cans in his face. I looked at all the photos of trunk, spare tire well cover and liner and could never find a place that it might have been.

Now you all are making me wonder if she did get a "new" trunk liner. You can get stuff like that from those auto junkyards, right?

But then that wouldn't explain why her car smelled like a dead body. I dunno; after today not much makes any sense to me. :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:

i personally believe, moo, that the blanket, 2 garbage bags, and laundry bag did a fairly adequate job of containing liquids that would stain. i feel that what small stain was there either a) happened in one day while she was wrapped in a blanket and hadn't decomposed substantially but occurred before she was triple bagged (in this scenario we would use the 4ish window that she was killed and then wrapped in a blanket and sat overnight while the weather was still relatively cool - then triple bagged the next day around the same time frame soo 24 hours only before the liquids really got going and were still being absorbed by the blanket) or b) a small amount seeped out when the bagged contents dripped or spilled during removal to the final location.

Only problem is, they know the bags allowed at the very lest 75 blow flies (or was it maggots in) because they are in evidence. If there were several days of real heat and in a closed trunk of a car with it's windows rolled up, decomposition would be really expedited. There would be the remains of a least hundreds or thousands of insects in the trunk, not just 75. Also, due to heat, there would be a much larger than normal release of body fluids, in a shorter amount of time, and none of those fluids could have been leaked, or they would have been found.

Just how significant is this information that Huntington was contacted as an expert witness before Caylee's remains were found?

They also contacted Dr. Fairgrieve a forensic anthropologist before Caylee was ever found or identified. I believe he was hired in September 2008, but not listed until Jan 2009.
I'm sure the DT would say they were contacted because of the trunk and the smell...but IMO, they knew.

A loooooong time ago I posted a question wondering why I couldn't see that tire wedge that George talked about that was supposed to be screwed down in Casey's trunk. You know, the one he pretended he wanted to get out of the trunk when Casey came home and ended up shoving the "stolen" gas cans in his face. I looked at all the photos of trunk, spare tire well cover and liner and could never find a place that it might have been.

Now you all are making me wonder if she did get a "new" trunk liner. You can get stuff like that from those auto junkyards, right?

But then that wouldn't explain why her car smelled like a dead body. I dunno; after today not much makes any sense to me. :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:

No... I think you make a great point... did she replace the liner with one from a wrecked car?? Sure she could, but the adhesives, sealants etc would all have to match and it would require someone that knew what the heck they were doing as an assistant. That's why I keep saying now, that actual justice for Caylee means finding and punishing everyone involved, not just the easiest target, that happened to draw the shortest straw when the family decided who was going down.

There were two paper napkins (papertowels?) found in the white trash bag along with all sorts of household trash from Lazzaro's house. The two napkins supposedly contain adipocere. The idea is that they were used to wipe up some decomp fluid.

Would she have carried these two stinky napkins into the house and then dumped them into the trash? Also, why only two? Wouldn't you need quantities of them to clean up decomp spill?

Only problem is, they know the bags allowed at the very lest 75 blow flies (or was it maggots in) because they are in evidence. If there were several days of real heat and in a closed trunk of a car with it's windows rolled up, decomposition would be really expedited. There would be the remains of a least hundreds or thousands of insects in the trunk, not just 75. Also, due to heat, there would be a much larger than normal release of body fluids, in a shorter amount of time, and none of those fluids could have been leaked, or they would have been found.
75 found in the....trash bag found in dumpster?

Couldn't the rest have escaped while bag was in the dumpster?

Also, given the nature of these "bugs," wouldn't one expect them to be concentrated in the triple bags where the body was....that was "hidden & left to rot....."

HLN making very big deal about this

MB selects its

as "moment of the day"

if ICA doesnt know where the body is cause bad daddy hid it

why do they call an expert

75 found in the....trash bag found in dumpster?

Couldn't the rest have escaped while bag was in the dumpster?

Also, given the nature of these "bugs," wouldn't one expect them to be concentrated in the triple bags where the body was....that was "hidden & left to rot....."

75 were found in the body bag in the woods.

What you are saying is true. However, and this is just a gut feeling, ICA spent 31 days trying to cover her *advertiser censored**, and I do not think she ever had any intention of ditching her car. I think she made a big mistake in the beginning leaving her in the trunk and she spent alot of time trying to correct that mistake and when she couldn't any longer, she abandoned that vehicle. I feel that if there were others involved (and I am referring to her family) it was after-the-fact and inadvertantly. Now, if I am referring to her DT, then yes they are definetely involved in a cover-up and the fact that they contacted this expert witness on the day the remains were found speaks volumes to me.

I hope we can still be friends, though. I am not trying to argue with you, you have excellent points! :cool2:

75 were found in the body bag in the woods.

yes... and they were dead, so when they arrived is quite questionable. That Sunfire was cleaned, cleaned and cleaned again, and to be honest... I think Casey's too lazy to do it by herself. Who helped? That's where Justice is as well.

What you are saying is true. However, and this is just a gut feeling, ICA spent 31 days trying to cover her *advertiser censored**, and I do not think she ever had any intention of ditching her car. I think she made a big mistake in the beginning leaving her in the trunk and she spent alot of time trying to correct that mistake and when she couldn't any longer, she abandoned that vehicle. I feel that if there were others involved (and I am referring to her family) it was after-the-fact and inadvertantly. Now, if I am referring to her DT, then yes they are definetely involved in a cover-up and the fact that they contacted this expert witness on the day the remains were found speaks volumes to me.

I hope we can still be friends, though. I am not trying to argue with you, you have excellent points! :cool2:

Your theory is totally plausible as well, we just disagree. As for calling an Entomologist the day of the find, not the identification, means nothing.
There's media footage of Kenney-Baden, Henry Lee and other defense forensic investigators standing outside the crime scene tape while the scene was being worked, because they OC would not allow the defense to monitor the investigation, which, as all of these experts have said, is just not ever the case. Particularly when it comes to an outside forensic pathologist being disallowed from the autopsy, as also happened in this case.

I know Casey is guilty of many crimes here, but she's not in this alone... this is a family matter. But certainly! We can still be friends!!!:seeya:

This is incredibly important stuff. Huntington stated that if someone was decomposing in that truck, you'd have to remove the entire trunk liner to eliminate the physical evidence of decomposition. No stains, no large enough quantities of insects or their remains in the car or the trunk. Either Caylee was not there, or she was, and afterwards, a near impossible cleaning of the trunk and car would have to begin... and Casey didn't have said car at said time.

She could not have pulled this off on her own. The only question are who and how many others are involved. JMO

I thought GA testified to a stain early on - about the size of a basketball? Maybe I am misrecalling though. :waitasec:

How would chloroform and gas affect the expected bug ratio? ITA that a cleanup happened...just wondering if a large volume of chloroform coupled with a gas spill may have attributed to a lower than expected number of insects.

yes... and they were dead, so when they arrived is quite questionable. That Sunfire was cleaned, cleaned and cleaned again, and to be honest... I think Casey's too lazy to do it by herself. Who helped? That's where Justice is as well.

Couldn't there have actually been a lot more flies to begin with, though. I mean, the rain and the hurricane surely would have strewn them about? I think, due to the elements, it's probably unusual that they even found that many. I don't know...just thinking out loud.

I thought GA testified to a stain early on - about the size of a basketball? Maybe I am misrecalling though. :waitasec:

How would chloroform and gas affect the expected bug ratio? ITA that a cleanup happened...just wondering if a large volume of chloroform coupled with a gas spill may have attributed to a lower than expected number of insects.

That's what I was thinking, too.

Has George ever been directly asked, converestion with LE, deposition, or testimony, whether he cleaned out the trunk of the car?

I was on my way to the vet's office for the low-calorie food for my fat cat when I heard that LKB called Dr. Huntington on 12/11/2008. It hit me that 12/11/2008 was the very day Kronk called 911 re: the skull and garbage bag found on Suburban drive. My mind then had one of those aha! moments. Immediately the thought occurred to me that the DT calling a bug expert on the very day little Caylee's remains were found indicated a very guilty client. One moment later, while listening to HLN on SiriusXM radio Vinnie Politan said the very same thing. I bet a number of the jurors also had that very thought. A rather incriminating but unspoken finger pointing to guilt, IMO. The Prosecution should be glad JB and the DT brought this witness to the stand, and even more grateful for the outstanding cross by JA. What a day for the prosecution!

Just how significant is this information that Huntington was contacted as an expert witness before Caylee's remains were found?

First post I have read. However, on it's own at least, it is not at all significant.

Entomology would have been an issue in respect of the car and it wouldn't have harmed the Defense to get an expert entomologist retained early in anticipation of finding a body.

He wasn't called before they were FOUND, he was called before they were IDENTIFIED....

They didn't call him the first time it was being reported that the remains may have been found in another location. Within minutes of the media reported remains had been found on Suburban Drive he was called...days before the body was positively identified. How did they know the first report was a false one but the 2nd was accurate?

I think they can put two and two together and realise that remains of a child Caylee's age found so close to the family home would most likely be hers (not certain but highly likely).

For Walk in Il according to the info I heard dr. Huntington was not called before the remains were found, but on the very day the remains were found. That sheds different light on when Dr. Huntington was called, IMO.

Your theory is totally plausible as well, we just disagree. As for calling an Entomologist the day of the find, not the identification, means nothing.
There's media footage of Kenney-Baden, Henry Lee and other defense forensic investigators standing outside the crime scene tape while the scene was being worked, because they OC would not allow the defense to monitor the investigation, which, as all of these experts have said, is just not ever the case. Particularly when it comes to an outside forensic pathologist being disallowed from the autopsy, as also happened in this case.

I know Casey is guilty of many crimes here, but she's not in this alone... this is a family matter. But certainly! We can still be friends!!!:seeya:

Are you saying that the Defense experts are always allowed to monitor the crime scene or that they never are?

I think I read something about this in a motion somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#
Back