Huntington Contacted on Dec. 11/Will TH Ever Testify Again **Merged**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will Dr. Tim Huntington ever testify in another trial

• YES, he did great

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • NO, JA tore his credibility apart on the stand today and he won't put himself through that again!

Votes: 110 38.2%
  • I don't know, but JA was picking on poor Dr. Huntington

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Yes, even though he didn't do so great

Votes: 95 33.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 53 18.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think it's significant at all. How many people didn't think it was Caylee? Even LE believed it was Caylee.

I think they can put two and two together and realise that remains of a child Caylee's age found so close to the family home would most likely be hers (not certain but highly likely).

Sounds like something an attorney with a guilty client might say. ;)

Couldn't there have actually been a lot more flies to begin with, though. I mean, the rain and the hurricane surely would have strewn them about? I think, due to the elements, it's probably unusual that they even found that many. I don't know...just thinking out loud.

As in the "test" Huntington was performing with his car in Nebraska, the car acted like a fly trap... they could get in, and even all over the passenger compartment, but couldn't get out and would subsequently die where they last land.

What I think they will "dig deeper" no pub intended, into the discovery site. As Huntington said, the soil below where a body decomposes, decomposition fluids will remain highly detectable in the soil... were they?? Or, will there be an expert in serology or an "all around" forensics guru like H. Lee that testifies that the absence of those chemicals/enzymes in soil, means the body was moved there long after the majority of the decomposition took place... which goes against the grain of the State's Theory.

How did LKB/JB know that this Huntington bug guy would provide them with the testimony they would need down the road? Why him? They randomly called this bug guy on Dec 11th when the unidentified remains were found and crossed their fingers he would eventually testify for the defense?
rut roh?

Smells worse than a trunk full of rotting pizza if you ask me.

It just doesn't make sense.

My opinion is that the DT had already lined up some "expert" witnesses prior to Caylee being found. Hence Henry Lee and bug guy being so conveniently available.

I was on my way to the vet's office for the low-calorie food for my fat cat when I heard that LKB called Dr. Huntington on 12/11/2008. It hit me that 12/11/2008 was the very day Kronk called 911 re: the skull and garbage bag found on Suburban drive. My mind then had one of those aha! moments. Immediately the thought occurred to me that the DT calling a bug expert on the very day little Caylee's remains were found indicated a very guilty client. One moment later, while listening to HLN on SiriusXM radio Vinnie Politan said the very same thing. I bet a number of the jurors also had that very thought. A rather incriminating but unspoken finger pointing to guilt, IMO. The Prosecution should be glad JB and the DT brought this witness to the stand, and even more grateful for the outstanding cross by JA. What a day for the prosecution!

:eek:fftopic: heeheee I need to stock up on more of that at the vets too for my fat cat!

Are you saying that the Defense experts are always allowed to monitor the crime scene or that they never are?

I think I read something about this in a motion somewhere.

They typically are... especially in missing body cases were a "person of interest" has been charged and is in jail, and has a DT. If there was a motion, I haven't looked yet, so I wouldn't know.

Does anyone have links to the motions being filed early in this case (i.e. 2008).

The links thread does not.

How did LKB/JB know that this Huntington bug guy would provide them with the testimony they would need down the road? Why him? They randomly called this bug guy on Dec 11th when the unidentified remains were found and crossed their fingers he would eventually testify for the defense?
rut roh?

My opinion is that the DT had already lined up some "expert" witnesses prior to Caylee being found. Hence Henry Lee and bug guy being so conveniently available.

Sure they did... I don't think that's atypical at all...

rut roh?

But it wasn't a long shot that it was Caylee. The media "identified" her within an hour, even Kronk mentioned in his 911 call that the remains were in the "Caylee" area. She was practically in the Anthony's back yard. It wasn't a big logical leap for LKB to make, IMO.

I dare say, most of us made that leap as soon as the news broke.

They typically are... especially in missing body cases were a "person of interest" has been charged and is in jail, and has a DT. If there was a motion, I haven't looked yet, so I wouldn't know.

Do we know what the State's reason for objecting was?

I was sure that the Defense filed a motion and the courts response and the states response was that such a procedure was not standard practice.

I could be wrong though, especially if what your saying is correct.

Do we know what the State's reason for objecting was?

I was sure that the Defense filed a motion and the courts response and the states response was that such a procedure was not standard practice.

I could be wrong though, especially if what your saying is correct.
The State objected because the remains had not been officially identified as Caylee.

This is significant. But the SA has known this...see page 6 of this deposition:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/72861360/Casey-Anthony-Timothy-e-Huntington-deposition-part-2

He states he was called by LKB on 12/11 because LKB had FIRST called Haskell who was unavailable to work on the case :lol: (wonder why). JB also gets touchy about conversations TH had with JB just like he did when he cut off TH today from saying what LKB said when she called him. Although, come to think of it, he was probably afraid THl would say "she said Dr. Haskell gave her my name"

IMO, it seems likely the majority of the flies escaped when the trunk was opened at the tow yard, the trash bag was removed and left overnight in a dumpster. When George and Cindy drove the car home, they opened the windows, trunk, skylight, etc. to air it out...

THAT is why i think a lot of flies were not still there. As far as the stain, she was triple-bagged with two garbage bags and an additional bag with a vinyl liner. :twocents:

As in the "test" Huntington was performing with his car in Nebraska, the car acted like a fly trap... they could get in, and even all over the passenger compartment, but couldn't get out and would subsequently die where they last land.

What I think they will "dig deeper" no pub intended, into the discovery site.

LTM,
Just a couple thoughts/questions
1) maybe because of the hurricane that passed through the area, they can't really detect much from the soil below.
2) I'm really confused about what Dr. H thought the best scenario would have been. Maybe you understood better. Was he saying that INSIDE the BAGS the amount of early arrival flies (forget the term he used) was fewer than expected? Or just INSIDE the trunk? If he's saying "inside the bag" then, does he mean to suggest that the body went thru the first stages of decomp outside of the bags? If so, why does the state or anyone else have an issue with that? Might still fit the "body was in Amy's car" theory....(I keep pointing to this thread because I haven't heard a WORD about it and it's interesting!!!!) [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72221"]Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Amy's totaled car, unattended, for days in TL's parking lot would have been ideal storage, no? Maybe the body was only in the car for a short time of transporting it to the dumping place.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about Dr. Tim Huntington and whether he'll ever testify again after he was torn apart on the stand by Jeffery Ashton? :D

Just wondering what everyone thinks about Dr. Tim Huntington and whether he'll ever testify again after he was torn apart on the stand by Jeffery Ashton? :D

If there is a trial where a pig was found murdered and chew filled soda cans and paper salami are part of the evidence - he'll be the guy to call.

actually with all the stammering and hedge hawing and sidebars

i dont even know what was said

was all just a mess...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member