Hurricane Hilary threatens California, August 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That nest has been a feature for several years. It was active this winter but the howling winds from those heavy winter storms up there were difficult. The eggs were noticed to be overdue and it appears they may not have been fertilized. When the eagles abandoned the nest in early spring, ravens were seen eating the two eggs.

Great photos of the pair in this piece about them:

I think there was just an earthquake!
My couch shook and dog jumped up.
We heard from people who live in Studio City about the earthquake.They got an alert on their phones: “Earthquake detected”!

I follow the Bald Eagle nest in Big Bear. Jackie and Shadow are so entertaining, and beautiful birds! I’ve learned much about Bald Eagles by watching them.

Last edited:
And now an earthquake. I felt it. 5.5 centered near Ojai. I also got the earthquake alert on my phone. I just heard they have downgraded it to a 5.0 on ABC news.

Interesting that the alert came AFTER the earthquake for me.
I'm trying to figues out how this would help the earthquake alert app would help us take shelter in advance of a major earthquake if the alert comes after the event?

Last edited:
Windy as forecasted

South Bay; drizzling here now.

JMVHO.
OK, this one makes sense, thank you for this. Heaviest rain runs the edge of the coast, comes in at LA, takes a turn and heads to Nevada. This is the only one that has made sense so far. The trajectories where it was supposed be coming over the baja border, just didn't make sense.

(Inland San Diego-Poway area). Wind is starting to pick up. rain has currently lightened. Current wind conditions are much less than last winter storms. (last winter took out anything that wasn't nailed down or weighing over 100 lbs in my yard-it was an unusual storm pattern). I can hear a solar light I must have missed clanging out there. I need to go get it :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back