Hurricane Ida - Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
We are still displaced from damage in Superstorm Sandy (multiple contractor fraud, hope to be home soon) so my heart and prayers go out to those in Ida’s path.

Great irony, my friend finally got an insurance settlement from...Hurricane Wilma! Sixteen years ago! It has been an ongoing nightmare. First, his house was repaired, but the drywall used was full of mold, and the electrical was a disaster. The house was uninhabitable.

Anyway, fast forward, the insurance company has finally cut him a check.

Great irony, my friend finally got an insurance settlement from...Hurricane Wilma! Sixteen years ago! It has been an ongoing nightmare. First, his house was repaired, but the drywall used was full of mold, and the electrical was a disaster. The house was uninhabitable.

Anyway, fast forward, the insurance company has finally cut him a check.

We did live in the house and stayed during Sandy. We moved out in 2016 to have the house lifted and got screwed by 2 contractors and a charitable organization. We are in the process of getting funding from the State. It’s been hell, so I am here for anyone who may have to go through issues with insurance and/or FEMA.

...IDA PASSING JUST EAST OF MATHEWS LOUISIANA... ...CATASTROPHIC STORM SURGE, EXTREME WINDS, AND FLASH FLOODING CONTINUE IN PORTIONS OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA...
6:00 PM CDT Sun Aug 29
Moving: NNW at 10 mph
Min pressure: 941 mb
Max sustained: 125 mph

ABC News
@ABC

·
13m

upload_2021-8-29_20-24-54.jpeg

JUST IN: Hurricane Ida is now a strong Category 3 storm with maximum sustained winds up to 125 MPH. https://abcn.ws/3sUNNjj -Currently 30 miles SW of New Orleans, moving NW at 10 MPH -Flash flood warning in effect for New Orleans -Shell Beach has seen over 8 feet of storm surge
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1432118346154131458?s=20

ETA: It’s currently 6:30 pm in New Orleans, sunset is in one hour. SAR will be out at dawn, from reports I’ve heard.

People have asked me why I drive a large SUV, since I am single and am alone in my vehicle 99% of the time.

It’s in case I ever have to evacuate or lose my home, so I will have room for my pets. I would live in my SUV, if it came down to it, rather than give up any of my pets.

Same here. I have extra crates set up ready to go, which easily fit in my vehicle. I do need to set up a kit with copies of their medical records, food, water, and meds though. Hoping I never need it, but better to be prepared.

Praying everyone stays safe.

...IDA MOVING FURTHER INLAND OVER SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA... ...CATASTROPHIC STORM SURGE, EXTREME WINDS, AND FLASH FLOODING CONTINUE IN PORTIONS OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA...
7:00 PM CDT Sun Aug 29
Moving: NW at 10 mph
Min pressure: 944 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members