Hurricane Matthew - Sept-Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My heart goes out to all affected but Haiti......sigh

Dear Mother Of Gawd folks are walking the beach???!!!! Perhaps they should be thinking of getting the sam he77 away? What is the matter with folks. Mother Nature typically wins. She provides much beauty but she needs to be respected. Just bouncing off your post.

I just saw a police cruiser. I think I heard LE would be working 20 hour shifts!

Dear Mother Of Gawd folks are walking the beach???!!!! Perhaps they should be thinking of getting the sam he77 away? What is the matter with folks. Mother Nature typically wins. She provides much beauty but she needs to be respected. Just bouncing off your post.

I suppose those are the people that have done all they are going to do and are going to ride it out in their homes. If I lived anywhere near that beach I think I would travel inland about 100 miles or more. Its almost too late for them at this point. I think that is the problem with some people that they decide they had better leave and its too late to leave.

Motels will be booked solid by now all around that area. Prayers for anyone riding it out.

I suppose those are the people that have done all they are going to do and are going to ride it out in their homes. If I lived anywhere near that beach I think I would travel inland about 100 miles or more. Its almost too late for them at this point. I think that is the problem with some people that they decide they had better leave and its too late to leave.

Motels will be booked solid by now all around that area. Prayers for anyone riding it out.

Exactly. I cant imagine dying or riding out the horror due to sheer stupidity, ignorance or whatever. Plenty of time for folks to get out and those who cant get out on their own devices hopefully have family/neighbors who have taken care of this. This is going to be devastating. IMO

My hubby is in town right now and we are on the evacuation route. He said the traffic was at a standstill for miles. So if you haven't already gotten moving then you may be running out of time. You don't want to be stuck in a vehicle on a road when this beast hits. My daughter is a waitress for a big restaurant chain and they are actually thinking of closing up shop. So be warned...not all places will be open to eat so bring food with you!! Praying for everyone! Please stay safe and don't be silly. This monster isn't to be messed with. Respect mother nature! Love to all!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Confirmed tornado on the ground in Kansas according to the TWC special live coverage of Matthew . (362 direct tv)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks.

This is the southeast area of Kansas....border of Kansas ans Oklahoma. The storms are headed to Missouri. A good portion of Kansas is on alert for storms and possible tornadoes for this afternoon. Throw in the earthquakes too that have been happening a lot.

Stay safe with the hurricane everyone. I am thankful for this thread.

We just talked to relatives who live about 12 miles from the Florida east coast. They have boarded up their windows, but are not going to evacuate. They have 8 kitty cats and they are not willing to leave them. He says they have a roof that is supposed to withstand 150 mph winds. Says "we will see." Prayers for Florida!!

I am thankful for this thread too.

We just talked to relatives who live about 12 miles from the Florida east coast. They have boarded up their windows, but are not going to evacuate. They have 8 kitty cats and they are not willing to leave them. Prayers for Florida!!

I am thankful for this thread too.

Oh gawd. Cant they take the fur babies with? I was just thinking of all the innocent who have no voice. Breaks my heart. Prayers for all.

Watching local news in Jax. The very experienced anchors are practically in tears reporting what may happen here. And PLEADING with people in evacuation zones to get out.

ETA: Tom Wills was the one giving the plea. He's been reporting at the local station (WJXT) since 1975.

Oh gawd. Cant they take the fur babies with? I was just thinking of all the innocent who have no voice. Breaks my heart. Prayers for all.

Some of the shelters here let pets in.

Watching local news in Jax. The very experienced anchors are practically in tears reporting what may happen here. And PLEADING with people in evacuation zones to get out.
Oh man :anguish: Are u safe Jax?

Because son is FF, his department uses the FF own cell phones as 'pagers', he needed a back up power supply. Trying to figure out how to keep his cell charged, we found several chargers. One is by Rayovac that uses 4 double AA batteries to charge the phone to 100%....and then we have a precharged one by Soundlogic. Son and I have used Rayovac several times....because of power outage from storms and possible interruption from a quake. Works well....we have an Apple phone. I know info is too late but maybe for next time.

from here: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx

about now

attachment.php

about 9 pm

attachment.php

and projected for about midnight

attachment.php

Screenshot 2016-10-06 at 2.08.28 PM.jpgdinner time.jpgScreenshot 2016-10-06 at 2.20.24 PM.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think any of us in the path are safe. We've never seen anything like this in this area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back