Hypnosis transcription

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle1919
Bold by me: I don't believe Misty was in a hypnotized state either. Not a chance. JMO I have watched a lot of hypnosis video's and not in one of them does the patient say "wait, I got to back up a little bit" then add a recollection. She sure didn't want to leave the part about the blankets out of her story.

I brought this over from the "A/C Repairman" discussion where Misty's hypnosis session was mentioned. I wanted to make some additional comments about it but didn't want to veer too far off topic. The above post was in response to my comment that I did not believe that Misty succumbed to hypnosis. She was very aware of what she was saying, repeating herself and/or making sure that she made certain points. Just like other "speeches" that Misty seems to have memorized and rehearsed, her "performance" in the hypnosis video seems staged, imo.

I attended a free hypnosis seminar on a cruise last winter. I had heard other passengers mention that they had enjoyed the guest lecturer, so I decided to go to the final session. I'm guessing that there were 50-60 people there, mostly women. The "hypnotist" was offering the free sessions in hopes that passengers would purchase his books and/or CDs. I knew that I wasn't going to buy anthing but was interested in seeing how a group hypnosis session worked.

After a brief reiteration of his techniques for those who hadn't attended previously, the audience was invited to move into rows of seats on the stage (dance floor) close to the podium. I didn't want to be seated too close in case I wanted to make a hasty retreat, so I stayed in my comfy lounge banquette with my bottled water. When the session began, I did my best to let myself relax as the speaker rattled on at the speed of an auctioneer. His voice was very annoying, and he repeated everything several times. I was not amused and was having difficulty sitting still.

I tried not to move my head too much but wanted to glance around at the participants to see their reactions. Some people were obviously really being taken in by the hypnotist as they appeared to be in a trance-like state after several minutes of the speaker's rant. I was bored and really wanted to get up and leave, but I stuck it out, all the while pretending to have been hypnotized. I was awake and fully aware of everything that was being said and knew full well that I hadn't succumbed to the hypnosis.

I wonder if Misty would not allow herself to "go under" or if someone had told her not to allow herself to submit to the hypnosis lest it get her into trouble if she said something that might have been incriminating? Even though her eyes were closed, and she appeared to be going through the motions, it was obvious to me that Misty was clearly aware of her words and gestures. jmo

Sorry this got so long, but I wanted to share my experience.

O/T I think I might need hypnosis to remove the obsession I have with this case after it's all over.

O/T I think I might need hypnosis to remove the obsession I have with this case after it's all over.

count backward from 20. as you count backward ...........

'um, I LAID her down at 8:00, that's her bedtime and it probably took her about 30-45 minutes before she WENT, you know was sound asleep, um then I, well I got to back up a little bit, I...' This exchange really bothers me. It seems like she caught herself slipping up, so she changed the subject & was stumbling around words. But her choice of words bother me. Haleigh was old enough to lay herself down, & I think a more normal response would've been 'she laid down', or 'I got her to bed'. & adding 'that's her bedtime', (completely unnecessary information), makes me think she's lieing about the time. Her use of 'went' also bothers me. Although saying 'went to sleep' is perfectly normal, it's like the word 'went' snapped her back to reality. It's as if she didn't like the word.Then she adds 'you know', (which again is completely unnecessary & a phrase used to pursuay), so I think she is lieing about Haleigh going to sleep. LAID her down, (moo because of Haleigh's age), implies an innability to lay her herself down. & the word WENT, (again moo because of Misty's hesitation to use it), implies 'passed.'

so I take from this that Misty knows that Haleigh is deceased. but her times are all lies, so when she passed is in question. also, just because I interpret this as Misty knowing, doesn't mean I think she is responsible. it could be a subconscious choice of words because she knew she was deceased. because when we speak of the dead, we all use certain words, & I think that's what Misty may have been doing, before she caught & corrected herself. Also, I wonder if on a couple of instances, she was actually going under hypnosis & then pulled herself back out of it.

maybe when Misty was 'half asleep' & Jr. got up, it's because he saw the man in black take Haleigh. He might have gotten up, & turned on the light to investigate. This may be where Misty's 'dream recollection' of 3 or 4 men comes in to play-since she admits to only being half asleep. If Haleigh was in another room, Jr. could've watched from the bedroom.

The above post was in response to my comment that I did not believe that Misty succumbed to hypnosis. She was very aware of what she was saying, repeating herself and/or making sure that she made certain points. Just like other "speeches" that Misty seems to have memorized and rehearsed, her "performance" in the hypnosis video seems staged, imo.
[...]
I wonder if Misty would not allow herself to "go under" or if someone had told her not to allow herself to submit to the hypnosis lest it get her into trouble if she said something that might have been incriminating? Even though her eyes were closed, and she appeared to be going through the motions, it was obvious to me that Misty was clearly aware of her words and gestures. jmo
^^ respectfully snipped. Thank you for sharing your experience. As you describe it, I surprised he managed to hypnotise anyone!

So true. The gentleman that performed the hypnosis reported that he felt deliberately thwarted in his attempts to hypnotise her. I believe he said she was one of the most rehearsed candidates he had encountered. I've only seen the first half of the entire session but her apprehension was obvious in her demeanour and the questions she asked of him.

BBM = ITA. She was anywhere but 'under', quite the opposite.
'um, I LAID her down at 8:00, that's her bedtime and it probably took her about 30-45 minutes before she WENT, you know was sound asleep, um then I, well I got to back up a little bit, I...' This exchange really bothers me. It seems like she caught herself slipping up, so she changed the subject & was stumbling around words. But her choice of words bother me. [...] it's like the word 'went' snapped her back to reality. It's as if she didn't like the word.
BBM. Now that you mention it, her wording really disturbs me. If we ever hear the truth, I wonder how much of it has been inadvertently slipped into her various statements and tests.
epiphany said:
M does not possess an assortment of "verbs" to describe what she wishes to convey. Therefore, it's difficult to ascertain the details without further questioning of M due to her ability "to pull up" only the simplest of verbs to describe a complex event:

- I walked out of the house and I called Ronald: Did you phone R? Or was he in his car about to drive off, and you called out to him?
- and I said “well, the A/C guy is here” and he said “yeah”: Again, is this a phone conversation with R, or is R about to drive off and you are speaking to him in person?
- and I gave the phone to Ronald to talk to the A/C guy and...: Did you hand the phone to R? Or did you hand the phone to the repairman to speak to R who was on the line?
I pulled this in from the AC guy thread for discussion here. :)

Misty's vocabulary is very lacking in general. Her grasp of the english language suggests someone much younger. As you said she uses the same verbs over and over again, often in consecutive sentences, to get her point across.

Her statement could be read either way; that Ron was with her, she passed him the phone or she rang him at work. In fact, taking it at face value, it implies he was with her.

That's why I try to muddle through what she says to look for the true meaning. I doubt I'm ever successful. The same goes for 'We never use the back door' and countless other examples. I believe there are a few factors at work; her lack of education, her inattention and lack of focus, her young age and her lies.

I tried hypnosis myself about 4 times.......even privately for weight loss.
The hypnosis person said he could not get me 'under'..........I don't know why.
So I do believe MC might not have gone into the hypnotic trance.

The "I Laid her down" just isn't right.......IMO it's hinky.
30-40 minutes before she WENT (die?)
ITA with Dodie's post #64 & 65

I wonder if LE checked if Haleigh's homework had been done.

Gosh Donjeta, such a simple thing and yet this is the first time I've seen someone point this out. I guess its the simple things that just get overlooked. Excellent point.

It's weird that Misty never mentions that Lindsey came over while supper was going on, according the L.'s story lately.

'um, I LAID her down at 8:00, that's her bedtime and it probably took her about 30-45 minutes before she WENT, you know was sound asleep, um then I, well I got to back up a little bit, I...' This exchange really bothers me. It seems like she caught herself slipping up, so she changed the subject & was stumbling around words. But her choice of words bother me. Haleigh was old enough to lay herself down, & I think a more normal response would've been 'she laid down', or 'I got her to bed'. & adding 'that's her bedtime', (completely unnecessary information), makes me think she's lieing about the time. Her use of 'went' also bothers me. Although saying 'went to sleep' is perfectly normal, it's like the word 'went' snapped her back to reality. It's as if she didn't like the word.Then she adds 'you know', (which again is completely unnecessary & a phrase used to pursuay), so I think she is lieing about Haleigh going to sleep. LAID her down, (moo because of Haleigh's age), implies an innability to lay her herself down. & the word WENT, (again moo because of Misty's hesitation to use it), implies 'passed.'

Now that you mention it Dodie, this really bothers me. I never really paid attention to that part, I guess.
But a few things come to mind when I read this.

1. Misty had to lay Haleigh down around 8p, for some reason. She justifies that statement with "because that's her bedtime".
2. Whatever happened to Haleigh, she did not die right away. Haleigh died within 30-45 minutes of something happening to her. Slow Death. She justifies this statement with "you know she was sound asleep".

If I look at it like that....I assume that something was wrong with Haleigh before her bedtime (8p)...which means that GMSykes and the Nurse went by that mh for a reason between 7-8p -something was going on with Haleigh. Wasn't LE interested in the hours 7p-3a? Maybe Haleigh died around 7p-7:30p and the cover up began around this time?

ETA: After Misty talks about laying Haleigh down and it taking 30-45 mins until Haleigh was "sound asleep"....notice Misty catches her self and says that she need to backup and starts talking about the blanket.

What time did she go to sleep?
Um, I laid her down at 8:00, that’s her bedtime and it probably took her about 30-45 minutes before she went, you know was sound asleep, um then I, well I got to back up a little bit, I’m sorry, um before she went to bed, right after dinner, I threw her blanket in the dryer, er washer because it smelled like pee and I didn’t want to put her to bed with a blanket on her that smelled like pee and I’m not gonna do that. That’s disgusting, I wouldn’t want a pee blanket on me, so I wouldn’t to it to nobody else. So I washed her blanket. Then she went to sleep with her little sheet on her and I covered her up with her blanket, she was sound . . .

tible to hypnosis.

I don't think there is anyway for us to tell if she was or was not "hypnotized", but I do know that even under hypnosis, people still are aware of everything around them, what is being said, etc.
Respectfully snippe.:
Please forgive if this was already posted.
http://www.wesh.com/news/20578710/detail.html
"She moved around a number of times, uncrossed her legs, moved her arms, crossed her arms," he said. "Things of that nature and those are things that would distract somebody from a meditative or relaxed state."

It seems the hypnotist didn't believe Misty was hypnotized.

For those of you interested, I have transcribed the tape of the hypnosis session - to the best of my ability. Enjoy. (Mods. if this is not appropriate here, please move to the correct spot, thanks, DotsEyes)

What kind of day was February 9th?
What kind of day? Well it started out very, very good all up until. . .
What was it like?
It was sunny, it was nice out.
What did you have for breakfast?
I didn’t have breakfast. The kids had eggs.
Tell me in your own words.
Huh?
Tell me about the day in your own words.
OK.Um, _____ we got Haleigh ready for school and she didn't have anything that she wanted to wear, so Granny had some clothes that she wanted to wear, so we drove all the way over to Welatka to get the clothes she wanted to wear. Then we took her to school and I walked to her into school, walked her all the way to her classroom, then walked out back to, got in the car with Ronald and Jr. We went home and went back to sleep until about twelve. Got up, Ronald got up, got ready for work and got ready I don’t know what we did around the house, just laid around until Ronald had to go to work. Jr. played and then he took a nap. And it was time for Haleigh to pick up at the bus, so Ronald picked Haleigh up at the bus, I stayed at the house because Jr. was sleeping so Ronald couldn’t take him to the bus, so I stayed there. And they come back, Ron had 5 minutes until he had to go to work, um he gave me a kiss, Haleigh a kiss, Jr. a kiss and said he had to go. Then the A/C guy, we were sitting on the porch, um we have this little basketball thing and they wanted me to set it up so I was trying to set it up, but I couldn’t set it up, then I seen the A/C guy was there. Then I walked out of the house and I called Ronald and I said “well, the A/C guy is here” and he said “yeh”, and I gave the phone to Ronald to talk to the A/C guy and my brother was there and we just watched the kids play in the yard and Haleigh was doing great, riding her bike trying to pop wheelies and me and my brother, we just sat over there and watched the kids play.
What time was that?
Maybe about 5:00, I don’t know, probably about 5, I do believe.
What happened after 5:00?
Um, we went in the house, we let the kids play, and I cooked some dinner. The kids played and watched movies like we always do, play and watch movies. I helped HaLeigh with her homework. Um
What movie did you watch that day?
Um they watch Air Bud over and over and over and over again, so it was Air Bud. They don’t stop watching Air Bud, that’s just what they watch or Madagascar, that one too, that’s both of them. . .
What about dinner, what time was that?
Um, I started cooking about 6 and it took me about 30-45 minutes, so eating by a least 7, and that’s when Granny pulled up, and I was finished, I was just waiting for them to finish. And Granny just brought some clothes and then she left, the kids got finished eating, and I got Haleigh ready for bed, she took her Air Buds to my bedroom to put it in the PlayStation2, cause she didn’t have a DVD player and she watched her movies and she went to sleep.
Um, I laid her down at 8:00, that’s her bedtime and it probably took her about 30-45 minutes before she went, you know was sound asleep, um then I, well I got to back up a little bit, I’m sorry, um before she went to bed, right after dinner, I threw her blanket in the dryer, er washer because it smelled like pee and I didn’t want to put her to bed with a blanket on her that smelled like pee and I’m not gonna do that. That’s disgusting, I wouldn’t want a pee blanket on me, so I wouldn’t to it to nobody else. So I washed her blanket. Then she went to sleep with her little sheet on her and I covered her up with her blanket, she was sound . . .
What was she wearing?
She was wearing her pink Hannah Montana shirt and her underwear. She had shorts on but she took them off. She don’t like to sleep in clothes at all, she hates clothes, wants to strip all the time and be in her underwear. And probably it took 30 minutes for it to wash and probably like 60 minutes for it to dry and as soon as that was done, I got in my pajamas um and I laid down on the bed. And I remember I was halfway asleep and I remember Jr. getting up and going over me and was out the bedroom door. And then when I woke up and he was on one side of me but he was moved to the other side of me and that is when I woke up and noticed that the light was on in the kitchen, so I went to the kitchen and I seen the back door was open so I started freaking out about the back door. So I ran to my bedroom and got my phone and then um I tried to call Ronald he didn’t answer, well before I called Ronald, I turned around, while I was grabbing my phone, I turned around and saw that Haleigh was gone and I tried calling over and over again, I was freaking out, looking under beds, in closets, everywhere and screaming her name. Bubba’s up at that time and he’s freaking out too. That’s when I opened the front door and Ronald was pulling up and I asked him “do you have Haleigh? Do you know where Haleigh is?” And he was like “what do you mean?” And I’m like “Haleigh’s gone.” And we looked and searched and we couldn’t find her. And that’s it.
What were you dreaming about? Do you remember?
I wasn’t dreaming. I didn’t have no dream.
The first time you woke up what time was it?
Three, all I seen was 3, that’s all.
Where did you see the time 3 o’clock?
There is a night stand next to the bed and it’s facing towards the back of the room and it’s red, it says it in red and all I remember seeing is 3, that’s all I remember seeing is 3.

I'm gonna scream!!! What time did your brother go home, or didn't he????!!!!!! Maybe I'm missing something???

I'm gonna scream!!! What time did your brother go home, or didn't he????!!!!!! Maybe I'm missing something???
well, to be fair to Misty on that one, she might have told, if the interviewer hadn't kept interrupting her with questions. He jumped her from that topic to Haleigh's bedtime. I bet he could kick himself now. Those types of questions may be a part of trying to get someone under, (I know nothing about hypnosis), but I would think that the longer you let a subject talk & even ramble, the more relaxed he would become. @ least when asking a question, don't jump to another subject completely.

well, to be fair to Misty on that one, she might have told, if the interviewer hadn't kept interrupting her with questions. He jumped her from that topic to Haleigh's bedtime. I bet he could kick himself now. Those types of questions may be a part of trying to get someone under, (I know nothing about hypnosis), but I would think that the longer you let a subject talk & even ramble, the more relaxed he would become. @ least when asking a question, don't jump to another subject completely.

I agree with you totally... the more someone talks the more info you will get....

IIRC in some of her early interviews she stated Tommy and his children arrived around 5:00pm and stayed for about 30 or 45 minues....JMO

IIRC in some of her early interviews she stated Tommy and his children arrived around 5:00pm and stayed for about 30 or 45 minues....JMO

Thanks, guess I just wish they asked her under hypnosis is all...

M couldn't go under because the hypnotist kept repeating, "the blanket of sunshine." I was begging - please stop using the word "blanket" to M until she goes under.

Good thinking, Dodie!

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread but it was pointed out in another thread by bessie that there is a small error in the transcript. It says,
Haleigh was doing great, riding her bike trying to pop wheelies but the word great can't be heard on the tape. She thought Misty says, Haleigh was doing her... riding her bike trying to pop wheelies.

Snipped

Seems there is a great significance relating to the blanket. I wonder if that is because they covered Haleighs body with it after she passed? I know its a morbid thought:( but if they felt some type of remorse, maybe they thought laying her to rest with a clean blanket was important? Just thinking out loud...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
electricalbee651
Back