IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched it as well. Some important points:
Dave did not shower before leaving
Dave was late to Eagle Grant for pick up because he had another load.
Potential crime scene is now contaminated

In my opinion, it's odd that it happened days after their anniversary, days before thanksgiving, and while family was in town. At one point she says that Dave didn't tell her much about what he was doing. She mentioned that he had prior run ins with the sheriff but his oui/dui were in the early 2000s. Would it still be the same sheriff?
Shieffs are elected, maybe he need to be voted out. The fact that they had not been to the barns after 4 days is unacceptable. I am a type A and would of been on him major. I feel for her.

I just finished listening to it too. I thought those comments were interesting. I thought maybe they were leaning towards another women and asking those kind of questions at first. And she said she was uncomfortable being asked by a male, but why not tell them that and request a female officer be in the room? Just my opinion.

Also, they were talking about the other gentleman that was missing and found deceased, when asked about DS's mental health she replied that he had high pressure and was high strung. Not quite the same there. I dunno....kind of a strange interview in my opinion.

BBM

To be honest, I've found a lot of her comments and behavior to be quite strange. And I can't put my finger on why that is. Having your husband go missing is obviously stressful, but it feels like there's more to it than that. I hope I'm wrong.

People have the right to tell or not tell anything they want in situations like these. But I always feel quite mislead by families when information is withheld which later helps to explain what has happened. Such information may not be any of our business, but at the same time, I don't like being asked for help and money if I don't have the whole story.

From approx 17:40 minute mark Sarah speaks about David's pick-up location *Eagle Grove* is made up of 8 barns, she points out the owner of it and the Sheriff are related. FWIW.

...Her family went to the barns themselves to search after 4 days of David missing and they got the run around STS - worth the listen.

BBM

To be honest, I've found a lot of her comments and behavior to be quite strange. And I can't put my finger on why that is. Having your husband go missing is obviously stressful, but it feels like there's more to it than that. I hope I'm wrong.

People have the right to tell or not tell anything they want in situations like these. But I always feel quite mislead by families when information is withheld which later helps to explain what has happened. Such information may not be any of our business, but at the same time, I don't like being asked for help and money if I don't have the whole story.
I know what you’re saying. We’ve been told everything about this case goes against DS’ character and work ethic. If so, why did 12 hours go by before it was reported to LE? The drop off location had to have an ETA. His boss didn’t go to Sarah’s until 10 am. I would have thought he was notified sooner of a missing load. I mean we are talking about a full load of pigs here. Just not showing up. And if it was so out of character, it seems it should have been reported before 2:00 the next day. JMO. And of course we’re not getting the whole story. So there’s that.

I know what you’re saying. We’ve been told everything about this case goes against DS’ character and work ethic. If so, why did 12 hours go by before it was reported to LE? The drop off location had to have an ETA. His boss didn’t go to Sarah’s until 10 am. I would have thought he was notified sooner of a missing load. I mean we are talking about a full load of pigs here. Just not showing up. And if it was so out of character, it seems it should have been reported before 2:00 the next day. JMO. And of course we’re not getting the whole story. So there’s that.
I was thinking about the timing as well. One possibility is that David was supposed to be unloading back in Sac City by, say, 1:00am or so. When he didn't show up by 2:00am or 3:00am, didn't Wiechman's call either dispatch, or the loading place to see if he'd ever loaded? She said the loading place was unaware of the situation.

Somehow Les, the man he works for, was made aware and she said Les went looking for him along alternate routes he may have taken. So I wonder if Les first drove the most likely route (Rt 20), didn't see him, and then decided to drive the other route or routes back and forth. That could potentially have taken an hour or so each way, so maybe Les was driving around from 5:00am to 9:00am, and then decided to head directly to their house?

I think there’s a little more leeway for arrival times than you might expect. I could be wrong, but I know when we have cattle coming in, we don’t have an exact time until they’re about half an hour out.

We actually were “supposed to” get a load of cattle this week that never showed. Different circumstances from how hogs work, but i guarantee if the situation were to end up on WS, everyone would question why we weren’t notified or didn’t find the trucker, etc.

If he were to break down en route, I wouldn’t be surprised to not hear from him for a couple hours.

I find it very odd that the DCI has not been in contact with her at all. If they think this could be foul play, wouldn’t the family be the first ones to be interviewed. I know the sheriff talked/interviewed her, but seems odd DCI hasn’t. Just weird to me.
I’ve wondered from the beginning of her saying this if it was true or not. I think DCI would definitely have been in contact with her. She was one of the last people to see him.

It's also very strange that she said he begins each week with a few thousand dollars cash, and is usually down to a couple hundred dollars at the end of week. The wallet was "Monday cash, full". So definitely no robbery, at least for that, and if he willingly walked away, wouldn't he need that cash?

Plus her comments that the loading site in EG was not searched for 4 days. She said her brother and a few others went there themselves and were told by a sheriff they had no permission to be there.
He needs a 'few thousAnd dollars cash' and it's gone 5 days later? That caught my eye. Why the need for so much cash?

I guess maybe he uses it for gas and meals? Kind of weird because for taxes and accounting, I'd think having debit card records and receipts would be more helpful.

I’ve wondered from the beginning of her saying this if it was true or not. I think DCI would definitely have been in contact with her. She was one of the last people to see him.
Had the same thought. How credible is that statement? I am not sure.

She did say she had a long, uncomfortable, probing interview with LE. It's quite possible that one of the interviewers was from DCI, imo.

Is this a copycat crime? At the time he went missing Mark Reisberg's case was in the news & missing. The urban legend stories were everywhere. If someone wanted him out of the picture, hauling loads passed Sparky was the perfect crime. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a copycat crime? At the time he went missing Mark Reisberg's case was in the news & missing. The urban legend stories were everywhere. If someone wanted him out of the picture, hauling loads passed Sparky was the perfect crime. <modsnip - not victim friendly>
Very good point. I really hope it's not the case but people will do strange things for attention. How much coverage did Mark's case get locally leading up to this?

When we ship horses commercially, if anything happens after pick up, normally the driver is in touch with the drop off location and never the pick up people. Once the horses are picked up, the pick up people are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting to think all of this is sounding more personal and might have just been him leaving or self harm. What are the odds he goes missing right after their anniversary when he just had some special cross jewelry made for her (could be a goodbye/parting gift), her daughter and grandson were in town so their house was probably going to be very cramped, it appears they had a lot of money issues/debt (they did IVF and had twin babies both which super expensive and stressful) he's had history with alcohol/drug issues, history with LE to the point she said they knew and didnt like which would mean much more than just one OWI/DWI, he worked all the time and at all hours too...

I'm just thinking he hit a breaking point whether it be to end it or to leave with someone he had been having an affair with that could have picked him up or possibly a drug deal gone wrong. In the interview she says he was seen on his phone and that he was very familiar with the area as he grew up there so she said he wouldnt be lost which means he wouldnt be checking GPS. So what was he doing on his phone especially if he was running behind?

He could have easily been talking to someone he met online or someone he wanted drugs from/owed money to. Those two scenerios would make me think he either staged something nefarious by turning opposite way on road and leaving his jacket in ditch area to jump in getaway car to start a new life.

OR if meeting someone for drugs/money owed, could have even been running/selling drugs for extra money who knows but something could have gone array or been intentional and he was disposed of. You'd think they most likely would have taken the cash out of his wallet but maybe they were so spooked and/or had to act fast?

Its very easy to say all the wonderful things about DS but his life and past didnt seem perfect by any means (not that anyone's is) but they both seem to have been through a lot and have a lot on their plate. I think being gone long hours and away from family that his wife really might not have seen the signs of some things (affair/cheating/online, new or past addiction resurfacing etc) or she had noticed and confronted him about which caused him even more stress and he just couldnt take it anymore...thoughts?

I am starting to think all of this is sounding more personal and might have just been him leaving or self harm. What are the odds he goes missing right after their anniversary when he just had some special cross jewelry made for her (could be a goodbye/parting gift), her daughter and grandson were in town so their house was probably going to be very cramped, it appears they had a lot of money issues/debt (they did IVF and had twin babies both which super expensive and stressful) he's had history with alcohol/drug issues, history with LE to the point she said they knew and didnt like which would mean much more than just one OWI/DWI, he worked all the time and at all hours too...

I'm just thinking he hit a breaking point whether it be to end it or to leave with someone he had been having an affair with that could have picked him up or possibly a drug deal gone wrong. In the interview she says he was seen on his phone and that he was very familiar with the area as he grew up there so she said he wouldnt be lost which means he wouldnt be checking GPS. So what was he doing on his phone especially if he was running behind?

He could have easily been talking to someone he met online or someone he wanted drugs from/owed money to. Those two scenerios would make me think he either staged something nefarious by turning opposite way on road and leaving his jacket in ditch area to jump in getaway car to start a new life.

OR if meeting someone for drugs/money owed, could have even been running/selling drugs for extra money who knows but something could have gone array or been intentional and he was disposed of. You'd think they most likely would have taken the cash out of his wallet but maybe they were so spooked and/or had to act fast?

Its very easy to say all the wonderful things about DS but his life and past didnt seem perfect by any means (not that anyone's is) but they both seem to have been through a lot and have a lot on their plate. I think being gone long hours and away from family that his wife really might not have seen the signs of some things (affair/cheating/online, new or past addiction resurfacing etc) or she had noticed and confronted him about which caused him even more stress and he just couldnt take it anymore...thoughts?
She also shared a post about suicide awareness yesterday or the day before

I was thinking about the timing as well. One possibility is that David was supposed to be unloading back in Sac City by, say, 1:00am or so. When he didn't show up by 2:00am or 3:00am, didn't Wiechman's call either dispatch, or the loading place to see if he'd ever loaded? She said the loading place was unaware of the situation.

Somehow Les, the man he works for, was made aware and she said Les went looking for him along alternate routes he may have taken. So I wonder if Les first drove the most likely route (Rt 20), didn't see him, and then decided to drive the other route or routes back and forth. That could potentially have taken an hour or so each way, so maybe Les was driving around from 5:00am to 9:00am, and then decided to head directly to their house?
This might be a clue/reason why he was found off the correct route and Les couldn't find him right away. If someone/an evil doer, was trying to buy more time before if was known DS didn't show up to the pig drop off this would definitely make a difference. Why add time? I dunno, maybe so someone could clear out of dodge? maybe get back to wherever they needed to be before DS was discovered missing. All speculation of course and opinions.

Quoting myself to add the porch light on the livestock trailer says BROWN

View attachment 467882
I noticed on the link for the violations, he had a couple for 'lighting', does that mean his porch light was out, the top of the cab lights, or a headlight/tail light? I didn't see any description of which 'lighting' it was referring to.

I am starting to think all of this is sounding more personal and might have just been him leaving or self harm. What are the odds he goes missing right after their anniversary when he just had some special cross jewelry made for her (could be a goodbye/parting gift), her daughter and grandson were in town so their house was probably going to be very cramped, it appears they had a lot of money issues/debt (they did IVF and had twin babies both which super expensive and stressful) he's had history with alcohol/drug issues,
Snipped by me above ...

Sarah did say right off the bat in the interview that her insurance covered the in vitro, and somewhere else on her page she said it only took one try. So they are/were not in debt over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it