IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed like such a possibility last night, especially considering the scanner buzz, but it does not seem to have any connection. :(

Post #112 on the scanner thread has some info on the reason for the cornfield search.

What was so important that they had to search at night?
Think about it............ escapee? Who? Fugitive?

Just thinking here........

What was so important that they had to search at night?
Get my drift?
Perp or missing persons? I don't know, but my inner alarm is going off.

I am going to continue this thought for now. What could be so important to do a night search? What????

What I got from that interview is the parents may be scared for their other children's safety. When asked at the end about the drugs and court cases, they state it's LE place and DC mentions the family and about having 3 other children, etc. I believe they have this theory at the very forefront of their thoughts. How could they have denied EC not be around their cousin who was prolly like a sister since they took Lyric in when a baby; tho worried about who LCM was exposed to when in the company of other family members they had no control over and hence Elizabeth too. They are devastated. When I see them I keep getting that feeling of my heart strings reaching down to my gut and just cinching. Lord.... no way do I know how they feel or what they going through, but my prayers are with them for endurance, strength and comfort. Just crushing. :(

They also said they meet with LE for about an hour or longer every night at the same time for an update/briefing.

I realize some are night owls, I'm an early bird just catching up.

So I am putting it out there.

Anyone know if LE is still searching in the cornfield this morning?

All of this speculation that the cornfield search is related to this case is counter-productive. If you go to the scanner thread and read the posts from last night, you will understand. (or you can save yourself the trouble and take the word of those who were listening last night...several have posted what they can without violating TOS) MOO due to no MSM link

Cornfield is not related to Elisabeth and Lyric!

Hi!

Could you share what your thoughts are concerning the Brovan/Sipple Junction? Why do you see that as a probable abduction site? How do you think the bikes were transported to the lake? When do you think the abduction occurred (time-wise)?

I'm sorry if I've missed your thoughts about this already. I missed some posts from earlier today and I don't know if I'll catch them all up or not.

I've been pretty convinced that the girls were taken from the lake area but I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.

Hi MotherOcean ... I was trying to think about other theories besides the abduction at the lake and thought about empty houses because I just feel that this is a local abduction and not by some person passing through.

I even thought about could the girls have entered a home that was empty and possibly got hurt in some way/trapped and that they couldn't get out.

I checked out homes for sale in the area and there seemed to be many either for sale or past sales on these two streets.

My theory for an abduction at the junction of the two streets is that I am aware most of the time what is happening on my street in my small part of the neighbourhood, but once I get to the corner of my street and it intersects with another street, things get a little more obscure, i.e. I am not as familiar with who/what goes on at the intersection and to me, it was just a thought that person or persons might think that also, that who would even be paying attention to what is going on at the corner or just around the corner and even more so, on a very hot day, where no doubt most people were staying inside in the a/c.

Another thought was that someone had broken into an empty house for whatever reason(s) and when the girls rode by on their bikes, could they have seen something that if they told their parents about, whoever was in that house would have been in a lot of trouble.

Just trying to think of every possible scenario because the lake one isn't working for LE to date.

The experts are even baffled as to what happened in that how do two little girls disappear without a trace off the planet. I think all theories are worth further exploration.

IMO

Regarding the bikes: From my own experience, a bike was left lying in our driveway by one of our children at suppertime. It was gone after supper! Regarding the timeline: I think the abduction or whatever may have happened occurred shortly after Grandma says she saw them in the parking lot.

I take everything I read with a grain of salt. Everything.

I prefer to think for myself and come to my own conclusions.

Hearsay and gossip is just that.

Maybe the cornfield has absolutely nothing to do with the girls...but it seems very, very odd that LE would do a nighttime search because of a report of a trespasser. There has to be more to the story than that, even if it is completely unrelated.

"It won't happen to ME, I'm stronger than that. I'LL be able to control it." Powerfully scary thinking that leads to addiction. By the time they realize that no, they're not stronger than that and can't control it, it's too late.

Not that everyone who tries it gets hooked, of course, but I can see how it'd happen. Even when the person has seen the possible consequences.

The other common thought is "I'm not like those people, the ones you see if you google 'faces of meth'. Those people are losers and would have problems with drinking coffee. I'm different."

My stepson had problems with substance abuse and was ordered to go to AA (in violation of the Constitution but I wasn't about to point that one out to him!). He came back from the first meeting and said "I have nothing in common with those guys. They're all drunks!"

Words failed us.

There were some rough years there but he came through them and is raising his little girl and being a responsible member of the community now.

Agreed. As this goes on, not sure anyone "quoted" has a credible time frame at least vis-a-vis any facts/realities....other than the sheriff seeing the bikes when he got to the lake...

And that lack of confidence begins with grandma's statement when she said she saw them leave...

How many people, in general, keep that close of an eye on time when you are not working..??

I remember that my mom did. She'd make us look at the clock ("Oh Mooooommm! We wanna go play!!!") and then she'd give us our time limit and have us figure out for her what time it would be when we'd done playing for X hours and minutes (usually around an hour and a half).

It just got to be routine and we hardly noticed it.

Also, if Grandma Cook has favourite radio or TV shows around that time, that could have anchored her memory.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it recently but I find myself wondering if she kept an eye out the front window, saw Elizabeth and Lyric every 5 minutes or so and then when she didn't see them for 15 minutes, that's why she started searching for them.

She was clearly assuming that they'd gone somewhere or were at a friend's house, something of that sort, because although she was searching, it doesn't sound like she was particularly worried.

Good morning all. Only saw one small news story today about our girls.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19165250/new-technology-to-help-search-for-the-missing-girls

"Chris Stechman is the girls' cousin, and went to the Kennedy mall in Dubuque to hang posters.

These posters have what are called "qr codes" on them. People with smart phones can scan the codes, which will take them directly to a mobile site containing all the information about the missing girls."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14