IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KCRG did not post that the FBI has released this POI as of 2350 (EST).

Guy questioned by FBI just called our newsroom and is talking with @ronsteele7 Details to come on KWWL at 11! #evansdalesearch

If he lives there...

You should all know that Evansdale is right next door to a pretty large city (for Iowa!). It is really not small town. It is right off a major highway so the guy could have been anyone traveling through.

He's been released? I didn't see that in any of the news stories...but maybe I just missed it.

ignore my post upthread. I deleted it. He was not released---it just said he was cooperating and not considered a suspect.

Here's the original post from cindersoot...

07-29-2012, 07:07 PM
cindersoot
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2012

When I was at the lake today and coming back on the trail a man walked up and past me, he struck me as strange because he had been sitting in his white van smoking and just staring out at the lake. Then he was walking. He was creepy because as I passed him, I said hi and he didn't even try to make eye contact. He didn't walk long and returned to his vehicle and just sat there. For some reason I got his license plate numbers. You know that feeling when someone just doesn't feel right. I heard perps like to revisit their stomping grounds

Guy questioned by FBI just called our newsroom and is talking with @ronsteele7 Details to come on KWWL at 11! #evansdalesearch

I bet he is an innocent guy who is trying to calm all of his friends and family down who just saw him on the news.

I bet he is an innocent guy who is trying to calm all of his friends and family down who just saw him on the news.

Or that is why he turned himself in because all his family and friends see it was him on camera. No where to run and hide now? JMO

But the question is, could he ride his bike there that fast?

(sorry... not REALLY funny but it sort of is)

The police now have him out on the track at the local high school with a 1987 Schwinn for time trials to rule him out...LOL

It isn't funny, but...humor helps sometimes...

Or that is why he turned himself in because all his family and friends see it was him on camera. No where to run and hide now? JMO

Or he just happens to be like every man with a white or beige van who gets questioned everytime there is an abuduction or attempted one...We should start a "creepy white van" statistic page. LOL.

So if this guy is NOT involved...is LE just randomly checking white vans? Meaning they really don't know what happened to the girls...

The police now have him out on the track at the local high school with a 1987 Schwinn for time trials to rule him out...LOL

Please stop making me laugh out loud. My family is asleep. :truce:

Just following lead....white van lead. Poor guy was watching the olympics and saw his pic!

So if this guy is NOT involved...is LE just randomly checking white vans? Meaning they really don't know what happened to the girls...
I wouldn't say randomly. That Casey's is only a few blocks away from the Lake.

People with white vans really need to either paint them or put some lettering (if for a company) on them. I mean, if you're not out there doing anything bad, who cares if it says, "Bob's Lawncare" or something.

Ron Steele talked to the person over the phone. It was his father's van and he (the son) was in the store. No relation to the case at all. Just following up on white van leads. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025