IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Turned himself in" could also be careless journalism and poor word choices by reporters...

Oops. :) I was still catching up when you posted and just posted the same thought.

We need our locals to weigh in on this. Evansdale is a small town & someone has to recognize him!

He also maybe an electrical contractor or someone working on the roadway they are building. It is common to have a huge company bid on a project, then send folks to that part of the country or state...etc...

No, the latest update from local news is that he was released and is not a suspect. [ posted upthread a little bit]

He's been released? I didn't see that in any of the news stories...but maybe I just missed it.

I still can't get past the "turned himself in" phrasing. I suppose that could just be due to questionable wording in the article... will have to wait and see how it's worded in other reports.

It's not unusual to use that term ... he did "turn himself in" for questioning because the police were looking for him.

I just don't get how he isn't a witness or a suspect but he might have information ... how would they know this based on a gas station video?

Here's the important question though.....

Is the guy behind the register the CL Camping Creeper?!!?!

I still can't get past the "turned himself in" phrasing. I suppose that could just be due to questionable wording in the article... will have to wait and see how it's worded in other reports.

I say careless journalism or crappy reporting...lol. It happens...drums up viewerships or is just someone who doesn't understand the terms well...

KWWL just reported that the FBI said they are questioning the guy and he is not a suspect.

SO this info from the local news is conflicting with some that are saying he is a Person Of Interest. Hmmm.....which one is more accurate? :fence:

He is now a POI.

The FBI said in a news release that the person is being questioned "not as a witness but as someone who may have information about the abduction of the two girls from Evansdale".
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_d2012198-dc4e-11e1-83a3-0019bb2963f4.html

No, the latest update from local news is that he was released and is not a suspect. [ posted upthread a little bit]

So...we have two news stations reporting two different things here? Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf