IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone with a white van within a 100 mile radius might as well just report to authorities now.

If this is innocent being at wrong place at wrong time, I sure feel sorry for him!

People with white vans really need to either paint them or put some lettering (if for a company) on them. I mean, if you're not out there doing anything bad, who cares if it says, "Bob's Lawncare" or something.

And stay away from things like this...

candy.jpg

Ron Steele talked to the person over the phone. It was his father's van and he (the son) was in the store. No relation to the case at all. Just following up on white van leads. JMO

If this is just a follow up on van leads then his dad may be in for questioning later. JMO

Well, I got all worked up for nothin'. Wonder if LE asked him to shown them the white van?? Sure didn't take long to clear him. I bet that poor fella peed his pants when he saw himself on tv!!!

Or he just happens to be like every man with a white or beige van who gets questioned everytime there is an abuduction or attempted one...We should start a "creepy white van" statistic page. LOL.

I know! I guess it probably doesn't happen in one specific area that often but sheesh, it's crazy. I think I'd be tempted to park the thing in the garage and rent a car until things are resolved. Although I guess that's even more suspicious. Ugh.

I've tried, for the life of me, to catch up on both threads but can't. They are moving too fast. Can someone PLEASE give a synopsis of what has occurred in the last day and a half? TIA

I've tried, for the life of me, to catch up on both threads but can't. They are moving too fast. Can someone PLEASE give a synopsis of what has occurred in the last day and a half? TIA

Well it would take me a day and a half to tell you. But since i am heading to bed. In short police are looking and the girls have not been found yet. No arrests and no POI that we know of.

Well, I got all worked up for nothin'. Wonder if LE asked him to shown them the white van?? Sure didn't take long to clear him. I bet that poor fella peed his pants when he saw himself on tv!!!

And now he has to wonder who in his community would even think it was him and suggest it to police...Lose/Lose situation. Poor guy.

Just joining in not sure if this was posted:

Authorities investigating possible links between missing girls, attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids

10 hours ago • By JEFF REINITZ, jeff.reinitz@wcfcourier.com

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Authorities investigating the disappearance of two cousins in Evansdale last month said they are looking into possible links to an attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday.

Kent Smock, chief of the Evansdale Police Department, said he is aware of Tuesday’s attempted snatching of a 5-year-old boy who was riding his bike

A boy was riding his bike on a sidewalk when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled up next to him. A man jumped out of the van and grabbed the boy, and a woman attempted to take his bike, according to Cedar Rapids police...

The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.

A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c9780b70-dbf6-11e1-852b-001a4bcf887a.html

People with white vans really need to either paint them or put some lettering (if for a company) on them. I mean, if you're not out there doing anything bad, who cares if it says, "Bob's Lawncare" or something.

OT but, that is how the <censored> that rear-ended me quite a few years ago managed to get found. Light turned green, intersection totally blocked, apparently I was supposed to attempt to go anyway? I literally could've moved maybe a foot. It made no sense. Anyway guy tried to turn around and take off the other way but got stuck because of the dense traffic. Then I think he realized "oh wait a minute, my name and phone number are on my truck." He actually still took off once he could, but it sure made him easy to find.

But I do agree, that at least might help with the hassles these innocent people end up going through every time there's a van-involved abduction!

I guess if I learned anything today it is that the various media stations can be all over the board with what is reported and their journalism skills and word choices often lead to some pretty intense specualtion and implied guilt by the public. I needs to keep that in mind, as should we all, before we attack the jail with pitchforks and torches...LOL.

Just joining in not sure if this was posted:

Authorities investigating possible links between missing girls, attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids

10 hours ago &#8226; By JEFF REINITZ, jeff.reinitz@wcfcourier.com

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Authorities investigating the disappearance of two cousins in Evansdale last month said they are looking into possible links to an attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday.

Kent Smock, chief of the Evansdale Police Department, said he is aware of Tuesday&#8217;s attempted snatching of a 5-year-old boy who was riding his bike

A boy was riding his bike on a sidewalk when a white 1990s Chevrolet Astro van pulled up next to him. A man jumped out of the van and grabbed the boy, and a woman attempted to take his bike, according to Cedar Rapids police...

The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.

A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c9780b70-dbf6-11e1-852b-001a4bcf887a.html

Wow! 3 people to abduct one little boy! They were taking the bike too! Maybe they are related and decided not to leave the bike as evidence this time.

I hate creepy white panel vans ! I always take an extra gander at one when I pass one on the street...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot