IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM --

You know, to me, that sounds like they have something (perhaps DNA on the bikes?? just a guess, could be anything) that tells them that someone (other than the girls, not the family) was at the scene. And, now they want anyone who may have been there to come forward to rule themselves out of the scenerio. Maybe they think someone could have moved the bikes.

I also think it sounds like LE might have something, by wording their request the way they did. Since that quote was later removed from the article, I wonder if the FBI decided that was not a wise statement to make??

Maybe I'm reading too much into this:waitasec:

I get the opposite from this latest...that Le needs all the help they can get, no matter how small, or inconsequential it may seem...

I'm trying to start all over from the beginning, take what we know, and keep it simple...and immediately when I did that, the thought occurred to me - when trying to speculate a perp who would be familiar enough with the trail to know what to expect at different times of the day (traffic/witness wise) and different days of the week, who would *also* be quite aware of any "off-the-trail" areas and how to get to them (like Maiden Lane)...it becomes quite obvious that the first person that would come to mind would be an employee of the city's parks & recreation division.

I live across the road from a very tiny park, and even at that, there are still city park employees who come several times per week to maintain it.

Granted, this only applies if the scent dogs *actually did* hit on the girls being at the lake/on the trail - is there absolute confirmation of that?

Thoughts?

re the removed quote-
We also encourage anyone who may have had a minor or perhaps unintentional part at the time in the disappearance of the girls to contact ...

maybe they were contacted and had the statement updated?
wishful thinking?

Containers..big boxes...barrels..ice chests..transport of stuff like that.

A borrowed vehicle? Have the kids brought home anything they found and thought it was cool?

I just read the article and the statement is not in it! Where did you see that?

That is a weird thing to say, isn't it?! I am convinced that these reporters all need to go back to 7th grade and take some grammar classes.

There is a very weak trend of updating articles without noting what was removed or why. I think that's a dangerous road, simply sending things into the ether.

I'm trying to start all over from the beginning, take what we know, and keep it simple...and immediately when I did that, the thought occurred to me - when trying to speculate a perp who would be familiar enough with the trail to know what to expect at different times of the day (traffic/witness wise) and different days of the week, who would *also* be quite aware of any "off-the-trail" areas and how to get to them (like Maiden Lane)...it becomes quite obvious that the first person that would come to mind would be an employee of the city's parks & recreation division.

I live across the road from a very tiny park, and even at that, there are still city park employees who come several times per week to maintain it.

Granted, this only applies if the scent dogs *actually did* hit on the girls being at the lake/on the trail - is there absolute confirmation of that?

Thoughts?

Is it possible that there was scent transfer from the girls' bikes to the pranksters. If the girl's bikes were taken by other kids to the park for a joy ride and left at the maintenance gate, these kids may have wanted to make a quick getaway out of the park so went through Maiden Lane and this could be why the dogs picked up E and L scent.

moo

there is a very weak trend of updating articles without noting what was removed or why. I think that's a dangerous road, simply sending things into the ether.

1984!

If it was just a plea for any info no matter how minor...they would not have removed it. It is the wording. It is like not knowing about the cyclist...we all know..it was published..then crickets from LE about it. They could have just said, "well, we don't have any confirmation.." or something like that instead of acting like they didn't know anything about it. MOO

There is a very weak trend of updating articles without noting what was removed or why. I think that's a dangerous road, simply sending things into the ether.

Seems the error wasn't on the part of reporter...he obtained that quote from someone and thought it was ok to release since it was asking for info from the public. And that's what he's there for to commuicate between LE & the public. Someone leaked a thought of LE, imo.

For Olli or anyone local whom may know ... TIA

Do trucks use Lafayette frequently and are the two local bars located close to Brovan Blvd. considered truck stops.

It also looks like there is a trucking company on Lafayette. Would this be for truck maintenance or is this a shipping depot.

Ya know, I've been pondering that edited FBI statement.

I think it was Pensfan who asked sometime back if anyone knew of an abduction where the perp left evidence to mislead the direction of the investigation. I knew there was someone, I just couldn't think of it. After reading that edited statement it came back to me.
Cary Stayner. Cary Stayner dumped evidence away from the bodies to intentionally steer the areas LE would go to initally. He also paid a young boy to lick the envelope he sent to the FBI.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/stayner/index_1.html

Could someone have said to a couple of teens or transients something like "Here's 20 bucks to get rid of these bikes"?

Just a thought.

images

images

We won't give up...:sigh:

Ya know, I've been pondering that edited FBI statement.

I think it was Pensfan who asked sometime back if anyone knew of an abduction where the perp left evidence to mislead the direction of the investigation. I knew there was someone, I just couldn't think of it. After reading that edited statement it came back to me.
Cary Stayner. Cary Stayner dumped evidence away from the bodies to intentionally steer the areas LE would go to initally. He also paid a young boy to lick the envelope he sent to the FBI.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/stayner/index_1.html

Could someone have said to a couple of teens or transients something like "Here's 20 bucks to get rid of these bikes"?

Just a thought.

It's possible, but I don't think the perp would have taken the risk of doing this. If it is not the girls on the bikes, I think it just happened coincidently. Just moo though.

For Olli or anyone local whom may know ... TIA

Do trucks use Lafayette frequently and are the two local bars located close to Brovan Blvd. considered truck stops.

It also looks like there is a trucking company on Lafayette. Would this be for truck maintenance or is this a shipping depot.
I've never seen or heard of a truck stop that served alcohol. Normally they're cafes/diners, fuel stations, with areas to park the truck to sleep at night, and many have showers the drivers can use for a few dollars.

Ya know, I've been pondering that edited FBI statement

Just a thought.

SBM
I don't know if I'd want totrust kids I didn't know to do something like that. First, they could just take the money and dump the bikes around the corner, second, if someone saw them, there's no way to know if they'd give your description (or even your LP #) to save themselves. Then again, I also wouldn't kidnap a couple of young girls, or anyone else for that matter.

It is totally possible some kids found the bikes, rode them a while and left them where they were ultimately located.

Regarding the statement of the bikes possibly being dumped at the lake by someone else (more than likely kids)...

I just have to wonder, what the hell kind of parents/kids WOULDN'T come forward and confess to stealing/riding those bikes if you knew damn good and well these bikes ended up belonging to 2 missing little girls. It is NOT like the police are going to immediately accuse these kids of killing/abducting the girls for cryin' out loud.

If there ARE kids out there who knowingly did this OR if the parents of these kids aren't telling what they know in an attempt to "not get their kids involved" I am disgusted!! I hope they lay awake every night for the rest of their lives living with that guilt. If that is the case those kids, no matter how old/young they are, are going to live with that FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES knowing they could have possibly helped.

Stealing a bike is NOT going to land you in jail in a case like this! If you stole or rode the bike to the lake then FESS UP! Knowing WHERE the bikes were found, HOW they were found, WHEN they were found could break this case wide open!

NOT coming forward is going to be a living hell...and that guilt will never go away. :(

It is totally possible some kids found the bikes, rode them a while and left them where they were ultimately located.

I think that WAS possible....four weeks ago. Now with all the attention this case has received, it is MY opinion that everyone, except the perp has come forward.....especially if some kids moved the bikes.

I've been away most of the day.... I think I missed something. Going to go back and read!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member