IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would two teenage boys really ride two girls bikes and carry a purse ... and nobody would notice?

I tend to not think so otto and that is a good point.

I think the girls made it to where the bikes were and something happened.. that is just my opinion of course.

As to why the LE spokesperson said he saw the bikes up against the fence when he saw them and the biker witness saw them lying in the trail most likely the reason is that they were moved upright by earlier responders or by the man biking the trail who didn't want to run them over.

:moo:

I am still perplexed at how two girls can go missing at one singular time. I cannot believe it has been four weeks and they have not been found. My prayers are with their family members. The wait has to be simply excruciating.

:rocker:
Would two teenage boys really ride two girls bikes and carry a purse ... and nobody would notice?

The purse is what gets me too. I could imagine two teenage boys (more like preteen or early teen, really) taking, riding and dumping the bikes on like a dare or just to get to the lake quickly/have some fun... But a little girl's purse? No way. Even if they saw and went through it, why would they have taken it with them?

I keep thinking abt being a kid and why I would slam my bike to the ground. Definitely if i was in a hurry, maybe chasing someone or my dog, or a dog.

What kind of evidence would take 3-4 weeks to process? I guess it really doesn't matter, because I'm sure LE won't release any info about what it was. MOO

Computer forensics?

The purse and bike could have had fibers stuck to them. or grass or dirt. i believe it rained that day, the tires of the bike should have had the type of dirt from the lake area stuck to them.

I'm trying to start all over from the beginning, take what we know, and keep it simple...and immediately when I did that, the thought occurred to me - when trying to speculate a perp who would be familiar enough with the trail to know what to expect at different times of the day (traffic/witness wise) and different days of the week, who would *also* be quite aware of any "off-the-trail" areas and how to get to them (like Maiden Lane)...it becomes quite obvious that the first person that would come to mind would be an employee of the city's parks & recreation division.

I live across the road from a very tiny park, and even at that, there are still city park employees who come several times per week to maintain it.

Granted, this only applies if the scent dogs *actually did* hit on the girls being at the lake/on the trail - is there absolute confirmation of that?

Thoughts?

Good thought.

To take it further, look also at former employees, particularly people who were hired on probation and did not make it out of the probationary period because they could not work effectively with other employees.

There is another thing about the purse that has bothered me. Several people have mentioned throwing the phone and purse away when they found that the phone didn't work and there was nothing of value in the purse..If the person was going to throw them both away, why bother putting the phone back into the purse? That says to me that Elizabeth either set the phone there, dropped it there or someone threw it there to get her to go closer to the wooded area (or Lyric teasing her.)

It doesn't necessarily have to be boys. Could be girls or a girl and a boy and yes boys will ride girls bikes. They could have hidden the purse until they got there.

It seems to me that the girls could have ridden their bikes to the gate, walked through the gate, set the purse down and been taken towards Maiden Lane where they vanished via vehicle. I agree that the bikes, if they were seen on the trail by the cyclist, may have been leaned against the fence by first responders. At this time, we don't even have confirmation that the bikes seen by the cyclist belonged to the girls, or that the bikes he saw were at the gate. It seems evident that police initially thought that the girls wandered off and got lost ... there was no crime scene tape in the area until two days after they vanished. If the bikes were laying on the ground when police arrived, there was no reason for police to leave bikes laying on the trail if they thought the girls were somewhere nearby.

I remember seeing a video interview with TG, right after the news broke of the abduction. Now, for the life of me, I can't find it. All I can find are print/internet stories that quote him. I'd love to re-examine his words as they come out of his mouth. Does anyone have a link to TG being interviewed on camera?

I've looked and can't find anything either. I don't think I ever saw a video of him but I had hoped there may be one out there somewhere.

Actually, I don't think any kids could keep quiet this long, if they had toyed with the bikes, or the purse, etc...they might give their version of what happened, but I think they would say something.

I think we can exclude the "two teenage boys" theory at this point.

If you were stealing a bike, purple or not, with a purse attached or not, you would be riding pretty fast so people might not notice, imo. Also, only two people reportedly saw the girls (Grandma and Mr. C) so people might not notice if two boys were on the bikes.

If the purse were, say, attacked to the handle bars or the bike why would it be thrown over the fence and not still attached to the bike (and also still had the phone inside)?

I think the purse went with the girls toward the water and whomever lured them there and was set aside

that of course is just my thought at this time.

further thoughts: if you tie a purse to a handle bar it is going to hit the spokes and get caught up in there...

Would two teenage boys really ride two girls bikes and carry a purse ... and nobody would notice?[/QUOTE

It doesn't necessarily have to be boys. Could be girls or a girl and a boy and yes boys will ride girls bikes. They could have hidden the purse until they got there.

They could have waited to get someplace secluded before looking in the purse & then tossing it after they did so.

I don't believe that happened though. I think the girls were w/ the bikes at the lake. But, I could see the above happening if some other kids did end up with the purse somehow.

Somewhere I posted a 2010 or 2011 chart for forensics turnarounds with many states listed & where they went to be tested. For the life of me I can't find it now. It does depend on a lot of things for the turnaround. Sylar Newton's case they didn't send enough to be tested and that was at 6 weeks before they got to it, iirc, so it took even longer. I've looked everywhere...can't find it.

Thanks Holly for posting the google shot on that article. I was just about ready to when I saw your post. Chit happens & tg for google somedays.

I had read early on that Elizabeth had been home schooled for at least a year (maybe more) and that this past year was perhaps her first year in public school system. What strikes me as a tad odd and out of place is with Heather's heart condition that has been impacting her for some time who did the home schooling with Elizabeth. Was Heather doing the schooling as it appears that Drew is flat out busy with his company. Was somebody perhaps "attached" to Elizabeth through the home schooling?

This is in no way intended to be a downer in relation to home schooling or anything of the sort but simply a curious question.

I am also starting to "lean a little bit" in the direction that Elizabeth may have been the target instead of Lyric .... just a slight lean only.

This is just moo and musing out loud. Where are the girls and it is time they came home.

Heather Collins' heart problems started in November 2010. It was one of those unexpected, unanticipated things; she just collapsed one day and it was only because Drew had forgotten his wallet that he found her in time to save her life.

I could understand it if they didn't want to enroll Elizabeth in the middle of the school year. Plus, with all the upset at home, I'm not sure the best thing for Elizabeth would be a huge change in everything she knows.

So that would have them enrolling Elizabeth in public school in September 2011. Which makes sense to me.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/article_94b14cc4-cf32-11e1-9131-001a4bcf887a.html

If you were stealing a bike, purple or not, with a purse attached or not, you would be riding pretty fast so people might not notice, imo. Also, only two people reportedly saw the girls (Grandma and Mr. C) so people might not notice if two boys were on the bikes.

I admit that I'd be a lousy witness, and I'm probably not the only one. If I had been there, the girls could have ridden back and forth in front of me for an hour, and I doubt that I'd notice them. On the other hand, if an older boy rode by on a little girl's bike carrying a purse, I'd probably remember it.

I don't think the bikes were ridden by anyone but the girls. I'm still sticking to the story that the person that took the girls, took them on the trail and was possibly someone they knew.

However, if a couple of kids saw two bikes and a purse lying on the road and didn't see the riders, perhaps they took the bikes and the purse to the trail because they didn't want to get caught going through the purse right there on the road. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810