IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was poking around on this site last night and found it overwhelming how much child *advertiser censored* and trafficking is taking place....and these are the ones from only this website who have been caught already. Nor is it uncommon to have international involvement.

I looked at several states and it's just sickening.

Here's Iowa..hoping maybe just something is a connection.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/index.htm?top25=no&year=all&month=all&state=16&topic=all

If the girls were taken into some sort of ring, etc...(which is NOT my theory, BTW)...I doubt they would be kept together, so as to minimize chances of recognition.

I remember seeing a video interview with TG, right after the news broke of the abduction. Now, for the life of me, I can't find it. All I can find are print/internet stories that quote him. I'd love to re-examine his words as they come out of his mouth. Does anyone have a link to TG being interviewed on camera?

I've never seen or heard of a truck stop that served alcohol. Normally they're cafes/diners, fuel stations, with areas to park the truck to sleep at night, and many have showers the drivers can use for a few dollars.

SBM
I don't know if I'd want totrust kids I didn't know to do something like that. First, they could just take the money and dump the bikes around the corner, second, if someone saw them, there's no way to know if they'd give your description (or even your LP #) to save themselves. Then again, I also wouldn't kidnap a couple of young girls, or anyone else for that matter.

However, a trucker may stop to eat where liquor is served and not order a drink.

Apparently, there are truck stops across the USA serving liquor according to this article.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1993-01-02/news/9301010244_1_alcohol-truck-stops-truckers

MOO

What kind of evidence would take 3-4 weeks to process? I guess it really doesn't matter, because I'm sure LE won't release any info about what it was. MOO

Regarding the statement of the bikes possibly being dumped at the lake by someone else (more than likely kids)...

I just have to wonder, what the hell kind of parents/kids WOULDN'T come forward and confess to stealing/riding those bikes if you knew damn good and well these bikes ended up belonging to 2 missing little girls. It is NOT like the police are going to immediately accuse these kids of killing/abducting the girls for cryin' out loud.

If there ARE kids out there who knowingly did this OR if the parents of these kids aren't telling what they know in an attempt to "not get their kids involved" I am disgusted!! I hope they lay awake every night for the rest of their lives living with that guilt. If that is the case those kids, no matter how old/young they are, are going to live with that FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES knowing they could have possibly helped.

Stealing a bike is NOT going to land you in jail in a case like this! If you stole or rode the bike to the lake then FESS UP! Knowing WHERE the bikes were found, HOW they were found, WHEN they were found could break this case wide open!

NOT coming forward is going to be a living hell...and that guilt will never go away. :(

It would help if LE would release a description of the bikes officially. In the scenario above (which I've personally posted about since I joined back in thread 5ish, so I've put some thought into this as I know others probably have since even before me) I can too easily imagine some tween/teen boys telling themselves for the past month that there is no way the same bikes they rode to the lake could possibly be the ones belonging to the girls. If LE release pictures of similar bikes then I wouldn't fear that someone is letting that unknown fuel their ability to stay silent.

It is also possible that if an adult has something on some kids...like knowing they smoke pot, buys them cigarettes, buys them or gives them beer, sells them pot..whatever it might be; some kids/teenagers would keep their mouths shut and obey. MOO

Yeah...the Iowa State Fair is a big deal here, and it is about 2 hours from E'dale. There has been a lot of mention of the booth they will have there concerning the girls. I would expect to see many false sightings considering the sheer number of people there seeing kids and being concerned citizens. They expect about a million people to attend.

Also, there is LE ALL OVER E'dale right now. Unmarked and marked cars creeping up and down my street and others, and right now I hear sirens, just saw the E'dale SUV go by...Uh-oh, ambulance as I type. Prolly an accident, I guess. Now a firetruck, unmarked cop pulled over onto my street to let it by.

BBM.......I work in west des moines and there have been flyers up on gas station doors concerning the girls for 3 weeks now, Plus it has been all over the News in Des Moines which covers a large area of the state; I live 2 hours north of Des Moines and watch Des Moines News. I think false sightings would have already started coming in on the tip line. MOO

ARTZYPANT

SBM

First, I believe your last comment is true. But, we may have hints at answers to some of your questions.

Regarding WC not knowing the girls went that far, IMO, she's a grannie. And, grannies (& parents) don't always know as much as they think they do. We do know that Elizabeth had been to the lake before with the neighbor girls, per Aunt T.

As far as Mr. & Mrs. C go, I think when she said 'night' she may have not have been referring to after dark. Probably evening while it was still light out?

Mr & Mrs C said they'd seen the girls before, especially Elizabeth. So, that would indicate they'd seen Lyric some, but no indication when or how often. Nor did they say if they'd ever seen Lyric without Elizabeth.

I hate that this case is going cold (at least in the media). We need their faces everywhere, not just Iowa.

BBM

I agree with your whole post but the bolded part made me laugh.

My 84 year old father takes a nap every afternoon so he can stay up until... seven o'clock!!! To be fair, he does get up between 4 and 5 am.

And he calls those last couple hours before he goes to bed "night."

I think I hear ya callin. I've heard plenty, but its pretty much all rumor and speculation, usually by people who seem to have vastly less knowledge of the facts than I. I try not to act like I spend every waking hour reviewing, researching, thinking about it. Also, where I work is actually all the way on the other side of W'loo almost in Cedar Falls, commonly called Cedarloo. There are plenty over there who never have cause to come to E'dale, and don't know much about it. There are also plenty who do as well, I guess, but obviously I mention the girls several times whenever I'm there.

SBM

Well, there is always the hope that in vino, veritas.

The more I think about it, the more I think the FBI is hoping for tips from people who saw something as innocuous as another walker on that section of trail in the week preceding the disappearances.

Something so small and so ordinary that it did not seem in any way to be out of place.

Is it possible that the tip they're waiting to get (that someone may have done to unintentionally help in the abduction is they just want someone to say they moved the bikes from laying on the trail to leaning against the fence so they know if the girls were back there again after TG saw their bikes?

Would two teenage boys really ride two girls bikes and carry a purse ... and nobody would notice?

do you mean like just little prankster kids? not thieves or anyone having anything to do with the actual abduction?

Yes. Like someone mentioned the kids being offered money to take the bikes or maybe they just saw them laying on the street and took them for a ride and just left them by the lake. They discarded the purse when they didn't find money and the cell when they realized it didn't work.

I had read early on that Elizabeth had been home schooled for at least a year (maybe more) and that this past year was perhaps her first year in public school system. What strikes me as a tad odd and out of place is with Heather's heart condition that has been impacting her for some time who did the home schooling with Elizabeth. Was Heather doing the schooling as it appears that Drew is flat out busy with his company. Was somebody perhaps "attached" to Elizabeth through the home schooling?

This is in no way intended to be a downer in relation to home schooling or anything of the sort but simply a curious question.

I am also starting to "lean a little bit" in the direction that Elizabeth may have been the target instead of Lyric .... just a slight lean only.

This is just moo and musing out loud. Where are the girls and it is time they came home.

Would two teenage boys really ride two girls bikes and carry a purse ... and nobody would notice?
Do you really think anyone would notice a 16 year old boy riding a little purple girl's bike with a purple purse on the handlebars? :waitasec:

Yes. Like someone mentioned the kids being offered money to take the bikes or maybe they just saw them laying on the street and took them for a ride and just left them by the lake. They discarded the purse when they didn't find money and the cell when they realized it didn't work.

The purse and bikes were in the same place, so if there were teenage boys that took two bikes, they would also have carried a purse. That seems like a bit of a stretch for teenage boys.

Do you really think anyone would notice a 16 year old boy riding a little purple girl's bike with a purple purse on the handlebars? :waitasec:

I think we can exclude the "two teenage boys" theory at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810