IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have to be teens in the bike moving theory- it could also be transients.

If you were stealing a bike, purple or not, with a purse attached or not, you would be riding pretty fast so people might not notice, imo. Also, only two people reportedly saw the girls (Grandma and Mr. C) so people might not notice if two boys were on the bikes.

Is this all we have about the girls supposedly being seen near the lake?

"GRACE: OK. So she was going to text you after work, after you got off of work, from her grandmother`s cell phone. All right. That day, we know they`re missing at 2:00 o`clock. We know that much.

Now, apparently, a neighbor has come forward, like in the last hours, Ms. Cook-Morrissey, somebody named Robert Carpenter (ph), who says he saw them in the afternoon.

Hold on. Let me go out to you, Ellie Jostad. What do we know about this new person -- new to me, anyway -- emerging, Robert Carpenter? What time does he place the girls alive and well?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, Mr. Carpenter told "The Des Moines Register" that he was out watering his yard. He says it was sometime between noon and 3:00 o`clock when he saw the girls ride by."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

Here's the interview with them ... the girls were there between noon and 3, and they ride by every night?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vi...-may-have-seen-girls-on-Friday?nclick_check=1

snipped from link posted earlier ---How long will testing take?
DNA testing involves a series of steps. First the item is examined for biological fluid stains or other possible sources of DNA. Once a source is found it is identified as seminal fluid, blood, etc. The DNA is then extracted from the sample, quantified, subjected to PCR and profiled using automated instrumentation. This process is greatly affected by the number of samples that need to be tested. In general, PCR testing can be completed within one month after a case is started, however, current backlogs may make this turn-around time longer.

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/DCI/lab/dna/index.shtml#faq7

Is this all we have about the girls supposedly being seen near the lake?

"GRACE: OK. So she was going to text you after work, after you got off of work, from her grandmother`s cell phone. All right. That day, we know they`re missing at 2:00 o`clock. We know that much.

Now, apparently, a neighbor has come forward, like in the last hours, Ms. Cook-Morrissey, somebody named Robert Carpenter (ph), who says he saw them in the afternoon.

Hold on. Let me go out to you, Ellie Jostad. What do we know about this new person -- new to me, anyway -- emerging, Robert Carpenter? What time does he place the girls alive and well?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, Mr. Carpenter told "The Des Moines Register" that he was out watering his yard. He says it was sometime between noon and 3:00 o`clock when he saw the girls ride by."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

As far as I know, it appears that only two people saw the girls (and were named). There is the supposed person from the trail that saw them, but I don't recall ever reading that he was further interviewed by LE (the family said they spoke to him that day?).

When the crime scene evidence comes back how do you know they will go public with it?

If the purse were, say, attacked to the handle bars or the bike why would it be thrown over the fence and not still attached to the bike (and also still had the phone inside)?

I think the purse went with the girls toward the water and whomever lured them there and was set aside

that of course is just my thought at this time.

further thoughts: if you tie a purse to a handle bar it is going to hit the spokes and get caught up in there...

Doesn't it depend on the size of the purse?

I see girls about that age around here riding bikes with what I'd call a hand bag (no shoulder length strap) and the purse is quite small. And usually plastic with glitter. The girls just hang them on the handlebar from the purse handle.

Nothing an adult woman would carry. Just big enough for a cell phone and maybe a couple other small items (change, candy bar or whatever).

I think you're right that the purse was carried by Elizabeth and either thrown over the fence or set down on the other side of the fence.

It doesn't have to be teens in the bike moving theory- it could also be transients.

Why is it necessary to introduce two new people to the facts in order to explain the bikes? We've already got one or two perps, a boat, someone unknown moving the bikes and now two teenage boys or transients riding the girls bikes and carrying a purse.

How about this for a theory ... two girls leave home and want to ride to the lake, but they're not allowed. Therefore, they ride their bikes west from the house (that keeps grandma happy), turn left and head for the lake using the backroads, thinking that they can make the loop and be back before grandma notices. They get to the trail near the gate, someone steps through the gate and stops them. They're forced through the gate, Elizabeth's purse is put on the ground, they're forced into the Maiden Lane area (100 feet along the shore) and they're gone.

There are no teenagers, no boats ... just two girls, two bikes, a purse, a trail, a gate and that's it.

Why is it necessary to introduce two new people to the facts in order to explain the bikes? We've already got one or two perps, a boat, someone unknown moving the bikes and now two teenage boys or transients riding the girls bikes and carrying a purse.

It isn't necessary to speculate at all, but isn't that the point of these discussions? The two teenage boys theory has been around for at least two weeks. If we simply go by what we've been told by the media via LE and the family ... we just have two girls on bikes who vanished into thin air leaving behind bikes, right?

When the crime scene evidence comes back how do you know they will go public with it?

I personally doubt they will unless it points to something new that LE determines the public can be of help with.

At this point the investigation is actively in the hands of the investigators and for successful (eventual) prosecution these things are usually held very close to the vest.

While the public wants to know what they have... it really does not benefit the investigation to make things public unless help from the public is needed.

Frustrating to us all? Heck yeah!:banghead: But the way it usually goes: yes (in countless other cases I have followed)

Did they ever show or describe the purse?

No, but I read an article during the first week or so that said it was a "bag-type" purse. It wasn't a small purse. I can't find the link now but I did read that on a MSM site.

Have we gone through the possibility of the perp using a stolen vehicle adn maybe it has been since dumped in a river/lake some place?

How about this for a theory ... two girls leave home and want to ride to the lake, but they're not allowed. Therefore, they ride their bikes west from the house (that keeps grandma happy), turn left and head for the lake using the backroads, thinking that they can make the loop and be back before grandma notices. They get to the trail near the gate, someone steps through the gate and stops them. They're forced through the gate, Elizabeth's purse is put on the ground, they're forced into the Maiden Lane area (100 feet along the shore) and they're gone.

There are no teenagers, no boats ... just two girls, two bikes, a purse, a trail, a gate and that's it.

That's pretty much what I think happened ... but I don't think they were brought to the shoreline. I think they followed the path to where the fence ends.

It's not necessary, it's just another angle.

If the girls were already abducted when TG came across the bikes, this is pretty much the scenario that seems most likely to me, as there wouldn't have been time for much else imo.

I have also posed this as a possible theory.

That's pretty much what I think happened ... but I don't think they were brought to the shoreline. I think they followed the path to where the fence ends.

Why walk the girls a couple of hundred feet along the trail to get to the other side of the fence when the girls and bikes are right next to an unlocked gate that leads to the other side of the fence?

Makes sense to me except u forgot the perp and his truck/auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985