IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they drained the lake for nothing and it's all a cover up.?

I have felt all along that LE has a theory (including some kind of evidence) of who took the girls, but they don't know exactly where the girls ended up; hence, the draining of the lake. MOO

http://dmjuice.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120725/NEWS01/307250041

"FBI agents classified the girls’ disappearance as an abduction last week. This step changes the investigation from a search-and-locate to a criminal probe, said William Moulder, retired Des Moines police chief.

“This means some people are getting their rights read to them before they are interviewed,” Moulder said.

“Everything law enforcement takes in is for evidence. The goal is still the same: Find the girls. But there is also the goal of catching the people who did this and convicting them,” he said."

Stuff to chew on. MOO

All I'm seeing and hearing at this point is the cat who ate the canary. MOO

Frivolous? Really? I find those statements rather outrageous. MOO

So LE is asking for tips, but they critique the tips they do get, and call them frivolous?
:waitasec:

imo

I read the link earlier and saw that sentence also. I thought it was interesting. Strange that it is gone now.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_55aa40a6-e35c-11e1-84f6-001a4bcf887a.html
From 12 hours ago...
“We also encourage anyone who may have had a minor or perhaps unintentional part at the time in the disappearance of the girls to contact investigators through the local tip lines or their local police department,” Smock stated. “We encourage anyone who may have knowledge of the girl's whereabouts, regardless of their involvement, to contact investigators through the tip lines, so we may talk with them.”

A $50,000 reward remains through law enforcement for the safe return of the girls.

Call the local tip number at 232-6682, the Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at (855) 300-TIPS (8477) or the FBI at (402) 493-8688.

I've defended this family all along, to some degree. But I worry that we want to have our cake and eat it, too. On the one hand, some feel the family should be seen more, be more visible. On the other, when they are seen, they are critiqued over their attire, their demeanor, and their comments.

We can all wish that they would look the way we think we would look. We can all think they should be sobbing uncontrollably 24/7, or at least be ever-solemn. But that simply isn't how this clan operates, apparently. It hasn't served them well in the court of public opinion, locally or otherwise, that cannot be disputed.

I'm beginning to wonder if the media isn't feeding off that fact. Is this really the pic that best describes the emotion at the vigil?

Agreed!!

People can't maintain a strong emotion like sadness indefinitely. They have to eventually let it go, if only for a little while, or they will lose their minds.

5025d09324dc5.preview-620.jpg

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/article_55aa40a6-e35c-11e1-84f6-001a4bcf887a.html

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

What is taped to Misty's upper arm? And why?

What is the name of the good-looking man who just moved from Entertainment Tonight to the Hallmark Channel? I'm tired, can't think of his name, but he was on ET with Mary Hart for years. Doesn't he come from right around the area? I wonder if he would help? I wonder if the Hallmark Channel would help?

Billy Bush? He lives right down the street from me if that's who you are talking about. I could go leave him a note.

Poor grandma she looks like she aged 10 years this month..

i was at the vigil. Wow is all I can say. SMH

Aunt T has a patch also. Saw it during a live interview at the lake a couple weeks ago

Agreed!!

People can't maintain a strong emotion like sadness indefinitely. They have to eventually let it go, if only for a little while, or they will lose their minds.

I lost my first husband in a car accident. Several friends that we had in another state came to our home when they were notified of his death. We were sitting around, remembering some of the things he had said and done and there was a great deal of laughter, a lot of it coming from me. That was such a relief for me. Yes, he had passed away and I missed him so much, but the very fact that there was someone there who knew him, who loved him, and had so many funny stories to share was also very healing. I'm sure many people who were there that night thought I was terrible for laughing. I suppose in their minds I should have been sitting in sack cloth and ashes.

In the following weeks and months after his death, I smiled many, many times. I smiled because that is what was expected at that particular moment. However, I'm sure if you had really looked beyond the smile, you would have seen a very broken soul inside.

What you see on the outside is for everybody else. What is on the inside, nobody really knows or understands. There were several times that I literally went inside my closet, shut the door and sat and cried. Nobody ever saw those tears. Nobody ever saw that pain, but it was there.

I know nothing about these people other than what I have read on here, but I'm sure there is hurt, pain, and tears. We just don't see it.

As for the drugs and drinking, when people are addicted, they don't stop when something like this happens. They don't have the capability to stop. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that in fact, it probably increases under these circumstances.

Is that BOTH grandmas in the background of that photo? Looks like Misty's mom and Dan's mom.

I'm beginning to wonder if the media isn't feeding off that fact. Is this really the pic that best describes the emotion at the vigil?

Yes, I think they are. I can think of three examples where in various footage I have seen family members of other victims have moments of levity or smiling. Mickey Shunick's sister, the Spierers, and Michelle Parker's Mom. None of those moments were ever publicized or published like this though. All of the published pictures are solemn or crying pictures. It is only in long press conferences or interviews do you catch the random lighter moments that never seem to be the focus (understandably so) like with these family members.
I only bring this up because to my knowledge all of these family members of victims are held up as examples of grieving "good" people hurting over their loved ones, yet they all still had the occasional moment which COULD have been twisted if you snapped a picture at the right second. We should be careful to judge based on one picture and one second out of their days especially since it is a choice which picture to use to portray a family.

can someone help me with the timeline...they would have had to travel 1.5 miles in 5 minutes? im stuck here

So they drained the lake for nothing and it's all a cover up.?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are asking me here. Of course the lake wasn't drained for "nothing". The girls could have been in the lake! Who is covering what? Sorry, just not understanding. We were brainstorming last night. Well, I was brainstorming. But, it doesn't make any sense, so no, maybe there isn't a "helper". However, there could be...

Didn't Mr. C say between 12-3 (initially he said 12-1 and wife corrected him)? It makes a difference, because if he did, in fact, see them as early as 12:00, it makes a huge difference in the timeline. Same with gma, who early on said they left after 12, and was corrected, and then went on to say it was 11:30. These are small things that have huge impact on the timeline.

Overall, IMO, the timeline does not work based on what anyone other than the cctv says, and there is even controversy about the 8 minutes....Something is not quite right about all of this. MOO

If Mr. C saw them at 12:00 they could have been back on Elizabeth's street by 12:15 or so. I think this is Katydid's theory and it does make a lot of sense. But, that still wouldn't explain whose bikes Mr. TG saw, if he saw bikes at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444