IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he knew where they were going because he had watched and followed them before. Maybe they stopped and chatted with someone and told they were headed to the lake???

You know, he may have actually asked the girls, "hey, where are you girls off to today", or something similar, and they told him. Or what if he said "let's have a race - I bet I can get to the lake quicker than you can." The girls pedal off as fast as they can, and the man would know exactly where to wait for them.

This is totally off the wall, just a stream of consciousness thing based on reading the other posts. Right now I'm looking for something that makes sense, and this makes a sense in a way. JMO, IMO, MOO, etc.

either they were going closer to the lake or not...in this case not

Regardless of whether the girls were riding their bikes East or West, they would end up an equal distance from the lake. You can see in the below map that the street is directly above the centre of the lake, so it makes no difference, neither direction gets them closer to the lake.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Timeline.jpg

I've wondered if the original statement was "They were not heading toward the lake" because they were going on an east-west road rather than a north-south one. It could be that the reporter (or the LE spokesman, can't think of his name) switched it from not heading toward to heading away from, which aren't necessarily the same thing. It seems like most MSM sources just write pretty much the same thing.

Is there any link to police claiming that the girls were riding their bikes away from the lake? I recall people looking at the video and figuring out that the girls were riding west, but not a police statement regarding where the girls were headed.

Regardless of whether the girls were riding their bikes East or West, they would end up an equal distance from the lake. You can see in the below map that the street is directly above the centre of the lake, so it makes no difference, neither direction gets them closer to the lake.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Timeline.jpg

I think the girls were seen on camera on Brovan, not Lafayette. Therefore they were headed west/NW on Brovan away Elizabeth's house when they were seen on CCTV.

Agree with your whole theory, except the conclusion. I think they are being used for long term profit and sick gradification...and no time constraints for how long they gone. (FBI)

Tracking these sickos and leading to an arrest is no easy job at all and I think it's the reason we don't tend to believe it's so common. From what I have read from MSM, reports, etc, it's becoming a big business and quite entwined (international) for those involved. Especially with the ease of communication by the net. Not at you Sunlight..:) nor saying you believe this, but it's not a bunch of ignorant, slobby looking pervs. They have a well oiled machine of a corporation and "agents" of their own to protect their security. ICE and others are having to be on their toes at all times to keep up. imo

Based on LE's "indications" they have/had reason to believe the girls are alive....and on everything seen in all the threads....it totally seems that the girls' disappearance is in some way a "for-profit" incident...directly monetarily, or otherwise....

So...what to do? Follow the Money....who gained? and why?

August 25th is Meyers Lake clean-up day.

Hopefully, something will be found to assist LE in solving this mystery.

Moo

Is there any link to police claiming that the girls were riding their bikes away from the lake? I recall people looking at the video and figuring out that the girls were riding west, but not a police statement regarding where the girls were headed.

BBM
I have no idea. I just keep hearing it, but not who said it. I just included him in case he had said it and I'd missed it.

I think the girls were seen on camera on Brovan, not Lafayette. Therefore they were headed west/NW on Brovan towards Elizabeth's house when they were seen on CCTV.

The camera is facing south, the girls were riding West. West does not take the girls towards or away from the lake, it takes them parallel to the lake.

I am not aware of any statement from police suggesting that the girls were riding away from the lake.

BBM
I have no idea. I just keep hearing it, but not who said it. I just included him in case he had said it and I'd missed it.

Hopefully anyone that is repeating it will provide a link.

The important question to me was, were they riding to their house or away from their house?

The answer provided by a lovely local was - away from the house.

Ok...what about this theory on the "away from the lake" comment:

Would a statement that riding in the direction they were headed somehow equal AWAY from the lake? Maybe someone DID know a route they would or HAD taken on a trip to the lake prior (neighbors who would have regularly seen them)?

Remember, we don't know WHAT neighbors or people have told LE or family for that matter. For all we know several people could have said they'd seen them in the area of the lake, but we aren't aware. And if they do have a route the way they were riding could very well mean AWAY from a normal route they'd taken previously? :waitasec:

That is the only way I can conclude that someone would make that type of a statement. They had to have some sort of knowledge that the direction they were riding meant something or else why mention the "away" portion. They could have just as easily said "unfortunately the direction they were riding gives us no further indication of an intent of heading towards the lake" or something along those lines.

CoeTrawk
Well done!

Was that van parked up there? It has what looked like three windows on the passenger side and the lettering looked like it was in lower case letters. shutters, charlies not those words but tall short like that.

The camera is facing south, the girls were riding West. West does not take the girls towards or away from the lake, it takes them parallel to the lake.

I am not aware of any statement from police suggesting that the girls were riding away from the lake.

"It looked kind of grainy, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said. "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...deo-elizabeth-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676

My first post here. Hope that helps.

my gut instinct from the start here is there was a terrible accudent. drowning, fell into a holed in the woods, maybe got stuck in the trunk of vacant car. i dunno why, but i dont feel like it was a kidnapping. no facts here. :)

But what about the bikes found where they were? Staged?

Interesting information about Maiden Lane. Backing into or having to back out of it. I wonder if the young people use it for a lovers lane sort of thing.

I always thought they meant the body of water that the Cedar Lakes Valley Trail runs around. Just moo.

As in riding away from that body of water.

Based on LE's "indications" they have/had reason to believe the girls are alive....and on everything seen in all the threads....it totally seems that the girls' disappearance is in some way a "for-profit" incident...directly monetarily, or otherwise....

So...what to do? Follow the Money....who gained? and why?

The FBI stated on about July 23 that they believed the girls were alive. That was at the same time that Elizabeth's father discovered a message on his cell phone from Elizabeth stating "daddy, I miss you".

The FBI stated on about July 23 that they believed the girls were alive. That was at the same time that Elizabeth's father discovered a message on his cell phone from Elizabeth stating "daddy, I miss you".

That message has been referred to here before, do you have a link?

tia.

"It looked kind of grainy, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said. "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...deo-elizabeth-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676

My first post here. Hope that helps.

"important to note" is what jumps out at me. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks