IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how this gate is normally locked; is it with a padlock and if so, is the gate locked as of this date and who is responsible for the actual lock and keeping the gate locked or unlocked?

More thoughts: Where is the key kept? Are there multiple keys?

I've been told that master keys open the same brand of lock. And there are people who are clever at opening locks using lock picks. Even in a small town master keys could be available to one with evil intentions.

Wow! Thats kinda harsh don't ya think?:what:

Yes, but doesn't send the same message as 2 young cousins disappearing into thin air. If DM was shot, would as many around the world know and all of us here wondering why? IMO

The girls are almost always on my mind but even more so on Sundays when I'm in church. Yesterday we left church and went out to eat afterwards. The ride from the church to where we ate was about 35 minutes and they were heavy on my mind the whole time during the trip. I was praying for them so hard and asking God if my prayers made any difference because if the girls are no longer alive then there's not any chance they will come home "safe & sound". So I was literally in such deep thought that I was walking kind of absent-mindedly into the restaurant. A sweet young lady came along to seat us and gave us a huge smile. I looked at her name tag and her name was "Lyric"! Oh my goodness, I began to well up with tears and I told her I had never heard that name before until recently when I heard about a little girl with that name from Iowa who is missing. I told her it is a beautiful name. She then got tears in her eyes and she started to cry and I cried and so we both just hugged each other and cried a little bit. It was such a strange thing to happen but very sweet. She told me she would pray for Lyric.

Just thought I'd share. It just took my breath away to be standing there all alone but in a crowd and look up and see this name tag and sweet smiling face. I really never have heard that name before hearing about Lyric. And, it is definately a pretty name.

Now youre gonna make ME cry...

Interesting information about Maiden Lane. Backing into or having to back out of it. I wonder if the young people use it for a lovers lane sort of thing.

Skeeter city, imo. Keep the windows up and the air on. Not to mention watching out for the one armed man with a hook.:what:

I'm stymied by the single gate and want to know the reason it's there. Access to the pump before the jetty and double gates appeared?

The scenario of random sexual predatory stranger taking two girls who were at the wrong place/wrong time has one huge flaw...the FBI's statement that they had evidence the girls are alive. This to me indicates it is either someone known or a ring (most likely sexual) and I believe the girls could be way out of the area and that is why local media is silent for now. Or they could be in the area. I am not sure where they could be locally as I am not able to come and look for myself but it would need to be well sealed if the girls are no longer "with us". Sad to admit but I know that one of a kind smell...nothing comes close to it. I want to believe they are alive, like the FBI spokesperson stated...but time is passing so fast. All my Opinion Only...

Since the FBI isn't saying what sort of evidence they have that the girls are alive, it is impossible for me to evaluate the statement. Are they going on getting sighting reports from other places? If so, well, that is discouraging to me because people are still reporting seeing Elvis.

As for the smell... Iowa is a largely agricultural state. If the perp killed both girls and drove 15 miles, then dumped the bodies in a corn field, there would not be anyone around to smell the bodies.

Even if someone did smell the bodies, Iowa is full of whitetail deer and they do occasionally lie down and die rather than get shot or hit by car. What is truly amazing is how fast the scavengers reduce a dead deer down to little more than bones and scraps of hide (less than a week).

If the bodies were dumped in a corn field, it's unlikely that birds would be spotted, since most birds feel uneasy flying into 5 foot tall cover (should be 7 foot but the drought has taken a toll).

If the girls' bodies are in a corn or soybean field, this fall will reveal them.

Skeeter city, imo. Keep the windows up and the air on. Not to mention watching out for the one armed man with a hook.:what:

I'm stymied by the single gate and want to know the reason it's there. Access to the pump before the jetty and double gates appeared?

Maiden Lane is on private land. It looks like the city decided to put up a fence along the trail. In doing so, they blocked access on the South end of that private land. I would be willing to bet that there's a clause that requires the city to provide an access gate when they fence off private land.

I know nothing about Carlie's case. Did the perp have a knife or weapon and threaten her, because it looks like he squared her up directly after approaching and retrived something from his pocket? Makes me think he showed her a knife, gun or something. Thanks.

It is believed he showed her a badge of some kind.

I've watched that video many times. To me, Carlia looks upset and scared but not terrified. More "I am in trouble" scared. Hard to judge from that one single clip, though; her family would be the best source on what her individual body language was saying.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...onfirms-missing-Iowa-girls-timeline?Frontpage

FBI agents classified the girls’ disappearance as an abduction last week. This step changes the investigation from a search-and-locate to a criminal probe, said William Moulder, retired Des Moines police chief.

“This means some people are getting their rights read to them before they are interviewed,” Moulder said.

This was a little aha! for me. I had wondered if there was some benefit to delaying declaring the girls as abducted... and it turns out there is.

I'm sure in that first week, LE was interviewing a lot of people whose immediate reaction to having their Miranda rights read to them would be to shut up and demand to talk to their lawyer.

I had believed they would be home by now.

For some reason I have six weeks clanging in my head. Absolutely no reason for this but as others share "feelings" so will I.

I sincerely hope this isn't going to be another Isabel Celis, who seems to have been completely forgotten by everyone, including LE.

:please:

Update - won't six weeks bring us up to DM's delayed trial?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...onfirms-missing-Iowa-girls-timeline?Frontpage

Does anyone know the name of the third unsolved involuntary missing juvenile missing in Iowa? The article lists only two.

Marc Allen in 1986. He disappeared walking in his own neighbourhood in Des Moines in 1986 when he was 13 years old.

It has been speculated that his disappearance may have been linked to Johnny Gosch and Eugene Martin. He was around the same general size and appearance as both boys. He was also a paperboy but was not delivering papers at the time of his disappearance.

He disappeared later in the day, when he was walking to a friend's house on the same block as his own home. He also disappeared earlier in the year, in March, vs May.

Thanks! I stand corrected. I still don't understand how Abben figures they were riding away from the lake.

One possibility (that I've posted before) is that the bicycles were pointed west when they were found. If so, then that would seem not quite right after the video footage was seen.

I think there's a possibility that Chief Deputy Abben made a slip but none of the reporters present caught it or pressed him on the point.

I've been told that master keys open the same brand of lock. And there are people who are clever at opening locks using lock picks. Even in a small town master keys could be available to one with evil intentions.

Most keyed padlocks can be opened by a simple lock pick that can be made with a 5 tool Swiss Army knife (the itsy-bitsy version of a Swiss Army knife).

Almost anyone can do it if they have the patience to keep fishing around for 2-3 minutes until they figure out the motion and pressure needed to do the job.

Ever since my brother showed me how to do it when I was a teen and he was maybe 8 years old, I've preferred keyed padlocks because I never have to worry about how to get them open. A padlock with a combination wheel is more difficult (and more likely to rust up).

I agree the parenting of DM & MCM has not been ideal, and the substance abuse has been a huge barrier and very poor choice. Not using this as an excuse, because they have been offered help, but we don't know what his childhood was like. (Not saying that as fact..just speculating.) Children learn by example and with what they pick up. If you never received proper guidance, then how do you apply it to your own children? Just because of his poor actions, addictions and lack of knowledge doesn't equate to lack of emotional feelings of love for his child; or sincerely caring for another. (Lizzy) IMO Unless he and MCM are true psychopaths. JMO, MOO, etc.

SBM

There is one piece of information from the family that leads me to believe that DM and Lyric have a fairly close, loving relationship. And that is the fight over the chores that led to Lyric making a threat to run away.

Children of 10 whose parents are emotionally absent from their lives don't fight with those parents. They don't know them well enough to feel safe fighting with them. That Lyric felt safe enough to get mad at her father says to me that, flawed though he may be, he is enough of a presence in her life that she feels safe enough with him to show her anger with him.

I know there are exceptions to every generalisation but strictly my own impression is that DM does love his kids. Sadly, addiction has nothing to do with love.

Marc Allen in 1986. He disappeared walking in his own neighbourhood in Des Moines in 1986 when he was 13 years old.

It has been speculated that his disappearance may have been linked to Johnny Gosch and Eugene Martin. He was around the same general size and appearance as both boys. He was also a paperboy but was not delivering papers at the time of his disappearance.

He disappeared later in the day, when he was walking to a friend's house on the same block as his own home. He also disappeared earlier in the year, in March, vs May.

Quite disturbing. Makes me wonder...how well do we truly ever "know" our neighbors?

Since the FBI isn't saying what sort of evidence they have that the girls are alive, it is impossible for me to evaluate the statement. Are they going on getting sighting reports from other places? If so, well, that is discouraging to me because people are still reporting seeing Elvis.

As for the smell... Iowa is a largely agricultural state. If the perp killed both girls and drove 15 miles, then dumped the bodies in a corn field, there would not be anyone around to smell the bodies.

Even if someone did smell the bodies, Iowa is full of whitetail deer and they do occasionally lie down and die rather than get shot or hit by car. What is truly amazing is how fast the scavengers reduce a dead deer down to little more than bones and scraps of hide (less than a week).

If the bodies were dumped in a corn field, it's unlikely that birds would be spotted, since most birds feel uneasy flying into 5 foot tall cover (should be 7 foot but the drought has taken a toll).

If the girls' bodies are in a corn or soybean field, this fall will reveal them.

I don 't think the FBI will reveal to the general public what their evidence is as it might compromise any case they might have against a perp. As the recent statement still says they believe their evidence shows the girls are alive, I will try to cling to this.
As for dead animals (except pigs which have a similar scent and decay pattern to humans) vs human remains scents they are different. There is almost a primal awareness that what you smell is human. Though I was able to keep my composure, a gut terror hit me the first time I smelled it and it was hidden INSIDE a home with doors closed and windows closed. It is hard to explain but it really does hit hard.
Just my experience...but then I have a very strong sense of smell...for a mere human. I know I pale in comparison to the magnificence of dogs, especially well trained ones. :moo:

Quite disturbing. Makes me wonder...how well do we truly ever "know" our neighbors?

Breeann Rodriguez, 3, MO, Her perp lived about 5 or 6 houses down on the same side of the street. He took the opportunity when his wife and kids were away for a few days.

It had to be moving. I looked for stopped vehicles up there when I took the pictures. But those white vans sure do seem to follow this case around, don't they?

I just pictured a small fleet of white vans with either of these logos= This
FlowersbyIrene.jpg
-

or This-
Undercovervan.jpg

:floorlaugh:

Attachments

• Flowers by Irene.JPG
    Flowers by Irene.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 8
SBM

There is one piece of information from the family that leads me to believe that DM and Lyric have a fairly close, loving relationship. And that is the fight over the chores that led to Lyric making a threat to run away.

Children of 10 whose parents are emotionally absent from their lives don't fight with those parents. They don't know them well enough to feel safe fighting with them. That Lyric felt safe enough to get mad at her father says to me that, flawed though he may be, he is enough of a presence in her life that she feels safe enough with him to show her anger with him.

I know there are exceptions to every generalisation but strictly my own impression is that DM does love his kids. Sadly, addiction has nothing to do with love.

I got the feeling DM still cared for MCM too.

morning all, im a few pages behind yet...

but as im pondering the "killing for silence" theory... it has occurred to me that "use for unlimited profit" for owing money or because of money owed due to upcoming lengthy prison stint, makes more sense.

as for approaching...if i was trying to get the attention of a couple of little girls - i would just use a baby...tell them i thought my baby was sick and needed directions to the hospital...heck they might just get in the van/car with me leaving their bikes behind. i could tell them they can call their family from the hospital so they can fetch the bikes etc later ... could be on the interstate and long gone in no time at all.

i just scared my self... im up too early and its too quiet.... :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member