IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know DM and the son lived with his mother,as Misty lived with her mother. Since it's assumption Lyric was playing her grandmother against her Dad, she was upset enough to pack a bag and was going to the door. That's a little more than playing, since it was important for WC to even mention this to a reporter, it was obviously upsetting to this grandma. I don't know if the girls were paid, but DM didn't have a job and an older son living there. The girls didn't live there, so I hope they were paid.

Since Lyric didn't live there, it seems a bit odd to call it chores. I wouldn't allow my children to do chores at someone else's house, especially if they looked as fit and healthy as Lyric's grandmother. If they were paid, even a small amount, I would encourage it as it builds the work ethic. If the children weren't paid to clean the house occupied by the grandmother, father and stepbrother, I can understand that Lyric would be upset.

Since Lyric didn't live there, it seems a bit odd to call it chores. I wouldn't allow my children to do chores at someone else's house, especially if they looked as fit and healthy as Lyric's grandmother. If they were paid, even a small amount, I would encourage it as it builds the work ethic. If the children weren't paid to clean the house occupied by the grandmother, father and stepbrother, I can understand that Lyric would be upset.

Lol, my 10-year-old earns an allowance for doing chores in her own home and still manages to carp about how unfair her life is on occasion.

She has even 'threatened' to go live with her dad (with whom she spends a couple of days a week, anyway) because I am so mean. Loading the dishwasher is a form of torture, dontcha know.

And then other days, most days, she offers to help with more than is asked of her and does it without complaint. Go figure.

This has been lingering in my mind all day, so I'm just going to bring it up again. This CL guy who bikes everywhere and looks for random anonymous sex still bothers me. Things we know about him. . .he frequents the bike trails, he was living in the campground, he likes to fish and apparently have sex "in the woods."
He labeled himself as "desperate" in some of his CL ads. He had a puppy shortly before the girls vanished that he was trying to find a home for because he was going to have to move. I believe he is now posting similar looking for sex on bike trails ads, but around George Wyth Lake.

I know that he might not have anything to do with the girls disappearance and I would assume or hope that LE and FBI have already checked him out, but just so many factors seem to line up and appear so overwhelmingly convenient, KWIM?

My train of thought is that he could have been at the lake that day. . .fishing or just riding around, with the expectation that he was going to have a random encounter. When that didn't pan out, maybe taking the girls was an opportunity that presented itself. My only problem is that he apparently doesn't have a car. . BUT if he was planning on moving maybe someone loaned him one to move his stuff. He could have used the puppy as a lure.

Idk. . just MOO and I can't seem to shake how nicely all of these facts line up. Thoughts?

Not just any old campground...the one right next to the west end of Meyers Lake!

Also, he has connections to the family (he's not related, but he is a friend of E & L's older cousins' friends on FB).

IIRC, I'm thinking I read that LC went to the Collins and the girls cleaned for HC since she'd been ill. I've got to run an errand and will try to look for a link when I get back.

*I remembered, but not exactly. They go there every day, but in this transcript from NG doesn't mention girls cleaning specifically. Cant figure how to c/p on ipad unless I'm not trying, so it's about 1/2 down the page beginning after commercial break. Starts with COOK

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

Thank you! Yes, that's Misty. She doesn't seem to be doing anything unusual. The interview with Lyric's grandmother is interesting. She looks awfully young to have a 16 year old grandson ... good genes, I guess. She describes Lyric as a "bull in a china shop", someone that will make a random decision to do something just to see where she ends up. Did Lyric decide to go through the double gate just to see where she ended up?

VW is sitting at Meyers Lake. The housecleaning she is discussing that the girls do is at HC house.

Paraphrasing: Do the girls see each other often, VW: Every day because they come over here to clean, meaning WC and LC come over to HC home. IMO

Sorry Otto: I don't know how your quote ended up on this post.

I believe TG swerved around the bikes at approx. 12:20. He based this on the time he called his daughter (12:27) and going backwards from that time to figure out when he'd seen the bikes. So that would give him 7 minutes to get to the bathroom, call his daughter, etc., after seeing the bikes on the trail.

I think TG saw two bikes at approx. 12:20 that day, but not necessarily the girls' two bikes. That doesn't seem likely, but it is possible, and I think that is the reason LE does not use TG's sighting in their official timeline. JMO

ETA: What puzzles me the most is how the bikes got to the trail by 12:20 (approx. time)?

That's what I'm sayin'.... The cctv (if it runs 8 minutes slow) puts the girls at the camera at 12:19...then, they still have to bike to the lake, drop the bikes, disappear, and the bikes be swerved around at 12:20...impossible. If the camera puts them there at 12:11...maybe. Other bikes..maybe.

:goodpost:

Otto I couldn't agree more! I sat in your exact same spot with our 7 week old daughter. My husband had always been the "rock" but this time I had to be. I cried myself to sleep at night for a few hours. We were given a 30% chance of her making it surgery which had to be done within 12 hours due to CF pressure. To have a doctor look you in the eye and say "Folks, we have about 12 hours to get this surgery done and after that it is still only a 30% chance of her making it. What would you like to do?" My husband turned bright white and hit the ground. He is 6'2", 215lbs., shaved head, tattoos, peircings...definately what you would not perceive as an emotional person. I was left to make that decision alone, young and scared. At that minute I could only think of that 30% chance and prayed like hell! I looked the doctor dead in the eye and said "What in the hell are you waiting on? Let's get moving!"

Our princess is blind, non-verbal, severally mentally retarded, and will depend on me for the rest of her life...but I WOULD NEVER change my decision that saved her life in October 2004.

My husband always feels bad for "leaving me hanging" although I never once critized his reaction. It just goes to show that EVERY ONE RESPONDS DIFFERENTLY WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION IS!

This quote hangs in our daughter's bedroom. And I think EVERY parent has these same feels at some point even the ones who seem so imperfect to others in society...

Thank you for that ... also to iamnotagolem ... we surprise ourselves when we discover the inner strength to survive really difficult situations. My son was lucky, so was I ... other than the scar up the back of his head, no one knows how close he came to be disabled, but he still has MRI brain scans every couple of years ... it'll never be over. When people ask about the scar, he tells them that his brain was too big so some of it had to be removed to make him like other people. Humor seems to trump everything. Lyric and Elizabeth's families are finding their inner strength and learning to cope, but it will never be normal again.

VW is sitting at Meyers Lake. The housecleaning she is discussing that the girls do is at HC house.

Paraphrasing: Do the girls see each other often, VW: Every day because they come over here to clean, meaning WC and LC come over to HC home. IMO

Sorry Otto: I don't know how your quote ended up on this post.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores.

"She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

IMO, Lyric may have been required to do chores as a punishment and DM was angry because she hadn't done it.

In that case, doing chores may not have been part of her daily routine at home. JMO

Lyric's paternal grandmother said that the girls went to her house each day to clean.

Lyric's paternal grandmother said that the girls went to her house each day to clean.

I don't think this is correct. They went to the COLLINS house every day to clean. There's no way poor Lyric had to go to TWO houses every day to clean! We've also been told by the family that they kept Lyric away from Dan ever since the domestic abuse charges. I sincerely doubt that the Collins would have let Lizzy go to hang out at Dan's house very day!

IIRC, I'm thinking I read that LC went to the Collins and the girls cleaned for HC since she'd been ill. I've got to run an errand and will try to look for a link when I get back.

That's what I understood too. I may have missed something, but I can't recall anything about Lyric and Elizabeth cleaning Dan's mother house. I assumed it was chores she was to do around HC's in helping her Gma....or just chores around Gma's house.

I feel bad for the Gma. She has Lyric to care for and she also has her hands full cleaning HC's house...plus her own as well....and she's no spring chicken. Then you have MCM being there....aaaaa, better leave my thoughts on that alone. Hopefully, DC is paying her as it's probably a little cheaper and more trustworthy than bringing someone else in. I believe she lost her hubby a few years ago.

I don't think this is correct. They went to the COLLINS house every day to clean. There's no way poor Lyric had to go to TWO houses every day to clean! We've also been told by the family that they kept Lyric away from Dan ever since the domestic abuse charges. I sincerely doubt that the Collins would have let Lizzy go to hang out at Dan's house very day!

Did you listen to the CNN interview? Unless I misunderstood, that seems like what the paternal grandmother was saying. I've gotta run so I can't check it myself ... here's the link: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-816543

VW is sitting on a park bench at Meyers Lake during this interview. When VW refers to here, she is referring to Evansdale and that would be HC and DC home, i.e. the girls see each other every day because they come HERE to clean, i.e. Evansdale.

Correction: Sitting on a fold up green chair.

IMO

DM was probably referring to LC not doing her chores at her maternal grandmother's house WC, where she lives with her mother. IMO

Now if I had done someone a favor and they said 'meet at the lake and i'll pay you what i owe you', I too would have flown down there on my bike. That makes more sense than anything i have considered for them being there.

MNDad, if you have time, could you please do one of those cool google earth videos from the Auction shop camera, following the sidewalks ... west on Brovan, south on River Forest Road, East on Central, South on Jones and onto the bike trail as far as the double gate at the drainage pipe? I'm curious about the time that would take, but also don't know how to do bike times on maps.

I can do it later tonight after family time. Any other routes, while I'm at it?

VW is sitting on a park bench at Meyers Lake during this interview. When VW refers to here, she is referring to Evansdale and that would be HC and DC home, i.e. the girls see each other every day because they come HERE to clean, i.e. Evansdale.

IMO

Just watched, and I agree, although its vague, yes, they see each other every day because they come over here to clean THE HOUSE.

But where are they coming from? I'm all confused now, I thought WC lived very near HC in Evansdale, and that MCM and Lyric lived with her? Guess they live far enough apart to be categorized as over HERE. I'll never get all this straight...:what:

Wylma lives in Waterloo.

Misty and Lyric live with her.

Lizzie lives in Evansdale with her family.

So if we find out where Lyric did her chores is this going to get us the answer to bringing these poor babies home? I don't understand for the life of me why this matters...what am I missing?:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member