IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with believing that two different sets of children left their bikes on the trail that particular afternoon is that local people have said that the trail is not used that often and that very few people actually walk/cycle all around the trail. We also know, so far, that only one "runner" is confirmed to have seen the girls bikes on the trail between noon and about 4. Also, if two other children were playing in the area at the same time that the girls bikes were at the trail, why didn't they see the girls? It's possible that two sets of children left two sets of bikes on the trail, but I think it's unlikely.

Maybe the first bikes (seen by the runner) belonged to someone who was waiting to meet the girls, maybe pre-arranged, someone who had befriended the girls for unknown reason. Maybe they were in or near the lake, fishing, throwing rocks, or in the woods while they waited for the girls. The girls showed up, parked their bikes (in the location found by LE) walked to the other side of the fence, set the purse down and forgot it, and left willingly with the "friends". Maybe the "friends" rode their bikes into the woods or further along the trail with the girls either walking or hitching a ride on the bike. Maybe they went to a nearby house or (if "friends" were older) to a car/van/truck. From that point...something went wrong because the girls never returned to their bikes!

IMOO...I think the girls went to the lake to meet someone and something went terribly wrong! I don't think the bikes were staged. I think there were 2 sets of bikes, which is why there is little info given about their descriptions, and why there is such conflict with the timeline. With this theory, the girls would have been on camera, the runner would have seen 2 bikes (not the girl's bikes), and Mr C would have seen the girls.

School Year Begins Without Missing Cousins, New Dismissal Policy in Place

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Scho...-Policy-in-Place-166392556.html?m=y&smobile=y

from link ==> District leaders said there would be a change this school year after the abduction case...Staff members will use a new system that includes the use of numbers, hand-held radios and more...

========================================================

thank you district leaders for acknowledging there is a kidnapper on the loose who has stolen two of your children and for taking steps to try to keep your other children safe.

When is that last time LE spoke out? Hasn't it been close to a month now? This is kinda ridiculous, IMO.

Again, I understand a dozen different ways the bikes could have been left on the trail by the girls. What I am trying to get an understanding of is why someone would "stage" the bikes there, if the girls had never been there. In other words, if the girls never made it to the lake, then someone had to have put the bikes there. My question is why?

If the bikes were staged, it could be by someone already familiar with the runaway incident a few days prior to another lake area and/or to make a point," that this is what happens (drowning) to kids that are not supervised properly, so there you go GMoth.. and it happened, or could have happened on your watch."

I will never believe the bikes were staged. I really don't think a perp would take all that time in his busy schedule. The shadow person on the surveillance tape really bothers me. It's a person for sure, not a ghost, so that person had to of seen the girls ride by. I have a question about the boy fishing, who saw the boy?

Thanks for this! I couldn't find anything on it but thought the speed didn't seem super fast and was confused by people saying it was so impossible the girls might've ridden 1-1.5 miles in 8 minutes. I'm a slow as heck bike rider and still ride around 9-10 mph. I'm sure I was much speedier as a kid, and I bet that the girls could get much farther than G'ma or others realized and even be back within earshot fairly quickly.

Leading me back to the thought that I'm almost sure the girls rode their bikes to the lake. Where did they go after that?

Agree. So..what's really the problem with whether they made it to the lake in 8 minutes, or 9 minutes, or 10 minutes, or 11 minutes...?? What happened when they got there, and where did they go after that?

Maybe there is a perp/s keeping an eye out for kids near M.lake and spots girls bikes (like a neon beacon) and approaches the bikes and either jokingly or threatful, says they are taking the bikes, the girls jump up leaving behind the purse and follows bike and perv to location bikes are found and then.....?

I will never believe the bikes were staged. I really don't think a perp would take all that time in his busy schedule. The shadow person on the surveillance tape really bothers me. It's a person for sure, not a ghost, so that person had to of seen the girls ride by. I have a question about the boy fishing, who saw the boy?

Aunt TB mentioned him, so I believe she is the one who saw him.

I agree. I never thought the bikes were staged. However, after viewing the "virtual tour" MNdad posted, I'm thinking dang, that's a long way to ride!!! If in fact those bikes were staged.... I just can't believe it was a "stranger". A's far as far as comment on fishing boy, it was Aunt Tammy that said that. I believe on NG show.

Any workmen on summer construction in the area of meyers lake or the house?

http://www.211ct.org/informationlibrary/Documents/Child Abduction Prevention fj.asp
■Each year there are about 3,000 to 5,000 non-family abductions reported to police, most of which are short term sexually-motivated cases. About 200 to 300 of these cases, or 6%, make up the most serious cases where the child was murdered, ransomed or taken with the intent to keep.
■The NCMEC analyzed more than 4200 attempted abductions from February 2005 to March 2010 and found that 38% of attempted abductions occur while a child is walking alone to or from school, riding the school bus or riding a bicycle; 37% of attempted abductions occur between the hours of 2:00pm through 7:00pm on a weekday; 43% of attempted abductions involve children between the ages of 10 and 14; 72% of attempted abduction victims are female; 68% of attempted abductions involve the suspect driving a vehicle.
■Research shows that of the 58,000 non-family abductions each year 63% involved a friend, long-term acquaintaince, neighbor, caretaker, baby sitter or person of authority; only 37% involved a stranger

Agree. So..what's really the problem with whether they made it to the lake in 8 minutes, or 9 minutes, or 10 minutes, or 11 minutes...?? What happened when they got there, and where did they go after that?

Well, the times can rule out or make possible various scenarios.

If the time on the video really was 12:11 pm, then there's enough time for TG to have seen the bicycles at about 12:20 pm (particularly if he estimated a little long).

If the time on the video really was 12:19 pm and TG's cell phone is accurate, then there is no way he could have seen the girls' bicycles on the path. Even if you go with the theory that the perp ran them across town by vehicle. A one minute difference is just not long enough, so TG was mistaken in some manner (I think he is sincere and not lying).

Most importantly, narrowing the time frame down helps in evaluating possible suspects. If LE has narrowed down the time window to, say, 20 minutes then they know to spend extra effort verifying any potential suspect's alibi during that time period.

Verifying a 20 minute slot is a lot easier than verifying a 3 hour slot. Three hours is plenty long enough for a person to move around from place to place quite innocently. Or guiltily, as the case may be.

I agree. I never thought the bikes were staged. However, after viewing the "virtual tour" MNdad posted, I'm thinking dang, that's a long way to ride!!! If in fact those bikes were staged.... I just can't believe it was a "stranger". A's far as far as comment on fishing boy, it was Aunt Tammy that said that. I believe on NG show.

I'm genuinely amused because when I followed MNdad's tours, I thought "dang, those are all easily doable in less than ten minutes!" It looked shorter for me than it does on the map.

Talking about movies. My daughter and i watched "Megan is missing". Big wake up call for my daughter and myself. She went through her fb friends and deleted who she didn't know. They were friends of her friends but she herself didn't know them.

Lyric had FB. Did she also use skype? This movie was about something like skype too.

I guess I'll watch it tonight.

There was a kidnapping of a 10yo girl right by my home in 1993, Katie Beers. She was kepted in a underground bunker for 2 weeks. The suspect Esposito was her parents friend who would often take the kids to a arcade nearby, shower them with video games etc. Her brother told police he was sexually abused by Esposito who also had a prior history of abusing another boy years earlier. . They searched his home but never found her. After he confessed he told LE about a hidden trapped door under a rug in his home which led to the bunker. She was alive! I will never forget seeing on the news LE taking apart the bunker. It was a miracle. Lets hope the outcome here will be the same.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/14/n...r-16-days-is-found-in-secret-room.html?src=pm

Well, the times can rule out or make possible various scenarios.

If the time on the video really was 12:11 pm, then there's enough time for TG to have seen the bicycles at about 12:20 pm (particularly if he estimated a little long).

If the time on the video really was 12:19 pm and TG's cell phone is accurate, then there is no way he could have seen the girls' bicycles on the path. Even if you go with the theory that the perp ran them across town by vehicle. A one minute difference is just not long enough, so TG was mistaken in some manner (I think he is sincere and not lying).

Most importantly, narrowing the time frame down helps in evaluating possible suspects. If LE has narrowed down the time window to, say, 20 minutes then they know to spend extra effort verifying any potential suspect's alibi during that time period.

Verifying a 20 minute slot is a lot easier than verifying a 3 hour slot. Three hours is plenty long enough for a person to move around from place to place quite innocently. Or guiltily, as the case may be.

BBM. That would be my answer to my own question. So, from what info we have, where was everybody individually during that timeframe? MOO

This attempted abduction happened in June in Victoria BC. but since it involves a 10 year old girl and a van, thought it should be posted here..these guys can get around!

http://vicpd.ca/media/media-release...ating-attempted-child-abduction-12-23066.aspx

"UPDATE: VicPD Investigating Attempted Child Abduction 12-23066

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Victoria BC- VicPD Detectives have updated information after an attempted child abduction of a 10-year-old girl yesterday.

Detectives have further information on a possible vehicle used in the occurrence. The vehicle is described as an older style white (or light) coloured van with noticeable writing that is possibly graffiti in black on the passenger side. There was also noticeable damage around the rear license plate".

"The man was described as a white male wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. He had a white beard and blonde coloured hair in a ponytail. He was also wearing glasses and likely a smoker".

Maybe the first bikes (seen by the runner) belonged to someone who was waiting to meet the girls, maybe pre-arranged, someone who had befriended the girls for unknown reason. Maybe they were in or near the lake, fishing, throwing rocks, or in the woods while they waited for the girls. The girls showed up, parked their bikes (in the location found by LE) walked to the other side of the fence, set the purse down and forgot it, and left willingly with the "friends". Maybe the "friends" rode their bikes into the woods or further along the trail with the girls either walking or hitching a ride on the bike. Maybe they went to a nearby house or (if "friends" were older) to a car/van/truck. From that point...something went wrong because the girls never returned to their bikes!

IMOO...I think the girls went to the lake to meet someone and something went terribly wrong! I don't think the bikes were staged. I think there were 2 sets of bikes, which is why there is little info given about their descriptions, and why there is such conflict with the timeline. With this theory, the girls would have been on camera, the runner would have seen 2 bikes (not the girl's bikes), and Mr C would have seen the girls.

Other bikes are a definite possibility. I point you in the direction of this scanner thread post, from a rewind to the July 13 feed: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I must say though, I have trouble with the idea that the girls would leave a purse behind willingly. Its location has to be a clue. Like, maybe they got in the paddleboat and the perp flashed a gun and said, gimme the purse, saw the phone, and tossed it. You know what I mean? Unless they were swimming and pulled straight out of the water, I just can't imagine any girl or woman leaving her purse behind if they had any say in the matter.

Other bikes are a definite possibility. I point you in the direction of this scanner thread post, from a rewind to the July 13 feed:
( snipped scanner thread link)
I must say though, I have trouble with the idea that the girls would leave a purse behind willingly. Its location has to be a clue. Like, maybe they got in the paddleboat and the perp flashed a gun and said, gimme the purse, saw the phone, and tossed it. You know what I mean? Unless they were swimming and pulled straight out of the water, I just can't imagine any girl or woman leaving her purse behind if they had any say in the matter.

Hi CoeTrawk! You probably want to edit your post to remove the link from the scanner thread. All of the Private forums are for WS members only, and it is against the rules to bring any of that info up here to the public forums. We can't link to it or post any info from those threads, including the scanners, up here.

I see that you have not posted much. If you have never had to edit, the edit button is close to the thank you button. Just remove the scanner thread link and I think the rest is okay. I am not a mod, just being friendly and hoping you can fix it so a mod doesn't have to do it and you don't get in trouble! Thanks!

About the purse:
There used to be a public service commercial aimed at school age children which taught them that if they were ever accosted while walking to or from school or their bus stop, they should immediately throw down their backpack or books and run in the opposite direction. This would help them to run faster without having to carry anything and worst case scenerio, if they were not able to get away, the backpack on the ground would be an indicator to police that a child is missing and was taken from that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms