IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the questions to ask about this whole timeframe confusion is:

Which is more reliable and truthful...Statements by people or technology???

Excellent question! I vote for technology. As GrainneDhu stated in her superb post, we know eyewitnesses can be mistaken and I think the same can be said of times given by witnesses. Unless I specifically look at time and make a mental note, I would be hardpressed to give an exact time.

As far as cell phone times being accurate, sometimes I lose service (Verizon Wireless - "Can you hear me now?). Not often, but rarely and more often when driving and I go down into a valley. Does the cell phone time automatically reset itself when it starts pinging from the tower again?

I guess the questions to ask about this whole timeframe confusion is:

Which is more reliable and truthful...Statements by people or technology???

IMOO...Is there any reason for a video camera time stamp and recordings not to be reliable (if it is the girls on camera)? Do we believe Grandma's statement about the morning of the disappearance? Were the girls there during the times she stated? Was she even there then? Who else collaberated her statements?

It's interesting how the camera time, Ted's sighting of the bikes and call to daughter, and even Mr C's observation of the girls while watering his lawn have been questioned and debated over and over, yet Grandma's account seems to be less questioned.

Interesting.
<SBM>
Okay, okay...I get what you mean. 8 minutes is what is significant. 12:27 was discussed. MOO

Does anyone have a link showing that the 12:27 time, or anything regarding an 8 minute bike ride being discussed by LE? I have only read that Mr P discussed the time stamp being 8 minutes slow. Tia!

I know it is hard to believe, but if you privately "sleuth" him on google, you will see many indications that he is an avid biker and involved in biking events within and outside of the community. His business is also a sponser of many community events, festivals, etc. where he promotes biking.

IMO...he should be considered "reliable" and not "suspicious".

I agree with some of your other "theories" though!

I'm not sure why it's surprising he's an avid bicyclist. If you check out pictures of RAGBRAI (the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa), you'll see people carrying a whole lot more spare weight than TG.

And the vast majority of those people ride 40-100 miles per day during the last full week of July. Which usually means really hot, muggy weather.

The nice thing about bicycling is that with relatively little effort, you can get going fast enough to create a breeze on your face. The frustrating thing about bicycling is that it is so efficient at converting muscle power into forward momentum that it doesn't burn calories at nearly the rate things like jogging or swimming do.

I mean, I'm positive that if my 84 year old father still had the interest, he could complete RAGBRAI.

Could you explain what you mean by "long way"? As in approx miles? I was under the impression that Edale and Waterloo were basically connected?

He lives in N. Waterloo. Im not sure but it has to be about 10 miles.

I would go for the theory that the girls were abducted closer to home, if it were not for the lawn watering guy, the dogs catching their scent and TG spotting the bikes.

A 20 mile round trip via bicycle is not that far. Since TG seems to be an avid bicyclist, I wonder if he was getting ready to ride RAGBRAI.

By the middle of July, people who are riding RAGBRAI should be putting in a minimum of 15-20 miles a day and 40-60 mile rides at least once a week.

A 20 mile round trip via bicycle is not that far. Since TG seems to be an avid bicyclist, I wonder if he was getting ready to ride RAGBRAI.

By the middle of July, people who are riding RAGBRAI should be putting in a minimum of 15-20 miles a day and 40-60 mile rides at least once a week.

It would be nice if we knew he was on RAGBRAI, but we won't.

IMOO...Is there any reason for a video camera time stamp and recordings not to be reliable (if it is the girls on camera)? Do we believe Grandma's statement about the morning of the disappearance? Were the girls there during the times she stated? Was she even there then? Who else collaberated her statements?

It's interesting how the camera time, Ted's sighting of the bikes and call to daughter, and even Mr C's observation of the girls while watering his lawn have been questioned and debated over and over, yet Grandma's account seems to be less questioned.

Your questions about the grandmother are ones that I have asked myself. LE did not confirm her time as last seeing the girls until the camera time evidence was released. Doesn't make me think she was involved with their disappearance, just that she was not exactly sure when she last saw them.

Thank you, that helps. With that approximation, I have to say that I am inclined to respectfully disagree. A 20 mile round trip is really not far at all for an avid cyclist.

I would go for the theory that the girls were abducted closer to home, if it were not for the lawn watering guy, the dogs catching their scent and TG spotting the bikes.

I agree. We just don't know if TG spotted "the girls' bikes". Does it make sense that LE would have taken the dogs to the spot where he reported the bikes? Of course, I read here LE was not interested in talking to him until several days after he reported seeing bikes on the trail. Not sure if that is FB rumor. It seems like if there were other kids at the lake and had seen E & L the parents would have come forward to say "my kid was at Meyers Lake on the 13th and talked to E & L" unless you have a whole lot of parents not wanting to admit to allowing their children to go to Meyers Lake alone.

The dogs showing the girls' scent at the edge of the lake and LE asking for a "paddle boater" to come forward, makes me think that a boat was used as the lure. Perp had talked to them earlier and they made plans to come back. It would seem as if the girls disappeared at the water's edge.

I agree. We just don't know if TG spotted "the girls' bikes". Does it make sense that LE would have taken the dogs to the spot where he reported the bikes? Of course, I read here LE was not interested in talking to him until several days after he reported seeing bikes on the trail. Not sure if that is FB rumor. It seems like if there were other kids at the lake and had seen E & L the parents would have come forward to say "my kid was at Meyers Lake on the 13th and talked to E & L" unless you have a whole lot of parents not wanting to admit to allowing their children to go to Meyers Lake alone.

The dogs showing the girls' scent at the edge of the lake and LE asking for a "paddle boater" to come forward, makes me think that a boat was used as the lure. Perp had talked to them earlier and they made plans to come back. It would seem as if the girls disappeared at the water's edge.

The paddle boat has me stumped. I just don't think a paddle boat was used unless it's some perp who lives on the lake or is very close. I still go back to the empty house for sale on the lake.

Could you explain what you mean by "long way"? As in approx miles? I was under the impression that Edale and Waterloo were basically connected?
Ball up your right hand and put your left hand over your right fist. Now imagine that Evansdale is your fist and your left hand represents the large mass of Waterloo. That should give you some idea of the relationship between the two.

Were either of the girls wearing any kind of nail polish? Anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli