IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for reposting that!

Huh... I hadn't noticed this before but it seems to me like he says "between 12 o'clock and between 1 o'clock and" and then his wife says 3:00. I know the assumption has widely been (here anyway) that he meant 12-1 but his wife corrected him to say it was as late as 3:00.

What if he was trying to correct himself from "between 12 o'clock and..." to "between 1 o'clock and..." but never quite finished his thought because they moved on to other questions? It seems unlikely but I'm trying to think of any ideas.

Similar to my last thought the only reason it really matters is trying to figure out which way they went and how far they might've gone, before or after the abduction.

I noticed that the first time I saw the interview. I really think he might have been saying between 1 and 3. We'll never know because his wife corrected him.

It's so sad. Another day has passed and still no news on these sweet girls. I hope they make it home soon.

Gotcha, and I agree. I think Mr. P knew by then what the destination they had possibly gotten to in that amount of time and might be referring to "that". :)

Good point. Assuming news was out and people already knew about the lake draining, he probably did mean the lake even though he didn't say it outright.

I just provided some info from the first thread where it was stated she last saw them at 12:15. But I have not heard her or seen her quoted saying she looked out the window and saw them. I just took it as she really did see them then because that was stated before the cctv confirmed the time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I am convinced that WC said she saw the girls @ 12:15 and that she said it before the cctv was released. I distinctly remember her saying that she saw them and thought they would be coming inside in a short while but that they never came as she expected. I have searched for a link to back that up but couldn't find one.

Does anyone know if the full FBI team is still on site / in town? How many agents are there? Are they staying at a hotel? (Not looking for the name of the hotel -- I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure whether a big group of agents is still camped out in the area.)

How long does that typically last? I think we can officially call the case cold once the FBI packs up and goes back to their home offices.

snipped

Smock said 100 to 150 investigators and support personnel once worked the case around the clock — compared to 15 to 20 now.

The FBI’s large mobile command center truck is nowhere in sight, but a few agents remain. Six or seven investigators from the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation continue to work the case with local police officers.

Days after the disappearance, Smock said, tips poured in at a rate of 20 per hour. About 30 to 50 a day are received now.

snipped

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_d5ff400c-ec59-11e1-a2bd-0019bb2963f4.html

BBM

I had mentioned that once a couple of threads back, but nobody seemed real impressed with the idea. I think the general idea back then was that it couldn't have been after 12:27 because the bikes were seen before then.

Oops! Sorry, I try to read all the posts but I missed that one. I think it's a very valid point and possibility.

That is the first actual footage I have ever seen on this case.

Mr Carpenter was about to be more specific as to time when his wife corrected him.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind now that he not only saw the girls, but he has also been specifically instructed (probably by LE) to be vague about the time.

:moo:

That's what I think too. I think he did see them. I think they made it to the trail by the jetty or atleast almost to the trail.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I am convinced that WC said she saw the girls @ 12:15 and that she said it before the cctv was released. I distinctly remember her saying that she saw them and thought they would be coming inside in a short while but that they never came as she expected. I have searched for a link to back that up but couldn't find one.

If you go back a page or two I posted the links you asked for.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the clarification of the FBI's "We believe the girls are alive" statement.

He also clarified FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault’s July 21 statement that “We believe the girls are alive.” Smock said investigators have no information to prove or disprove they are alive.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_d5ff400c-ec59-11e1-a2bd-0019bb2963f4.html

I wonder if they're concerned that people won't call in suspicious smells, ect.

I bolded it in a post when I first read it this morning & linked the article. I think my post got lost somewhere when several people quoted me & bolded other stuff in my post besides what I had. But that was the first thing that stuck out to me. I was just glad LE finally clarified what they meant w/o us having to assume.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8289047&postcount=316

If you disregard everything about the assumptions regarding the 12:27 call, other than the fact that it was made (because it can be verified by phone records that it was made), then you have a clear timeframe in which the Carpenters and other(s) may have seen the girls at any time up until their bikes were found. That is part of why I was asking why the 8 minutes matters as to where and when the girls were seen or able to reach the lake. MOO

no new news really.. this is terrible! It truly is.. this however does not mean that we are going to devolve back into sleuthing family members, witnesses, or any other persons not named as persons of interest or suspects in this case. This lands at random.

To me, all of this matter of minutes and times and alleged sightings only matter if someone who has spoken out, or is related in some way to the girls, is the kidnapper, thus giving false information.

Otherwise...they are gone, I can't see how it really matters whether they were gone 8 minutes sooner or later...JMO

snipped

Smock said 100 to 150 investigators and support personnel once worked the case around the clock — compared to 15 to 20 now.

The FBI’s large mobile command center truck is nowhere in sight, but a few agents remain. Six or seven investigators from the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation continue to work the case with local police officers.

Days after the disappearance, Smock said, tips poured in at a rate of 20 per hour. About 30 to 50 a day are received now.

snipped

BBM

Sadly..this is how it goes. :sigh:
But I believe LE is "on it".
I'd love to see these two little gals come home safe. Wouldnt that be sumthin?!

Maybe someone (Otto?) could make a really cool map with a circle showing where 1.5 miles falls from the cctv sighting.

I made a map like this that had circles showing the radius from the CCTV sighting for various distances, but I didn't upload it because straight line (as the crow flies) measurements are much different than taking routes. Gotta sign off now, but maybe I will upload it anyway sometime before tomorrow morning.

As to whether or not Lyric was into boys or not, I believe a large part of it depends on parents. I had a friend growing up who was very into boys at age 10 but her mom had always pushed her towards boys, starting at 3 years old she always had a "boyfriend" same with her little brother and sister.

On the other hand, I was not into boys, sure during my teens I thought boys were cute and didn't mind getting attention from them, but I had plans, I had a life I wanted to live and I didn't start dating until I was 25. I knew I didn't want to get married until I had done certain things and so I didn't date until I was ready to get married.

Well....and there's always "tomboys"....adventure is adventure...

But don't think this has anything to do with what may have happened here...

Keep thinking that this was a "for-profit" deal...and that can be open-ended...no matter how you think about it...monetarily or otherwise...

Also - is there a timeline posted in the Media/Timeline thread? If not, it might be good to have one there so everyone can refer back to it as needed.

Salem

ETA: I just went to look and I'm seeing a timeline/media thread has not been set up! I will set one up right now. Timeline/media threads are for posting links to MSM articles, posting maps and posting timelines only - they are none discussion, reference threads. I'll set one up and let you guys add what you like to it - just remember - no discussion.

ETA: here's the link: IA IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8,&Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Yep and I recall reporters witnessing and reporting on LEOs picking up unidentified items during the searching of the wooded area near the lake. Physical evidence has been gathered for sure. That is without question.

I just wish we could know if the items found and sent for testing are actually related to the girls' case or simply potential evidence that didn't pan out.

So frustrating

LE may not know until they have a suspect if the evidence they processed is significant or not.

For instance, in the Sherry Arnold case a knitted cap was found close to where her shoe was found. LE didn't know if it was connected to her disappearance or not because it's pretty common for people to lose knit caps.

Once they had two suspects, though, it turned out to be a key piece of evidence backing up the perp's confessions because it placed one of the perps at the scene of the crime and it matched the confessions.

My point being that at this time, LE may not even know themselves whether some item collected as potential evidence is connected or not.

I think it's safe to infer that if there was DNA on any of the evidence that it did not match any DNA database or else that the DNA belonged to someone who had a reason to leave it there (maybe someone who signed up to search in that first weekend).

I wonder how long I could leave my hubby out there hiding before I told him the dog couldn't find him....:floorlaugh:

My poor husband has been outside waiting for our dog to find him for a couple hours now.

I wonder how much longer before he remembers we don't have a dog. :what:

Sorry I could not resist. :floorlaugh:

I loved threecrazykids comment!

Question?
Why didn’t the dogs track the “whole" track of the girls at the lake?
What I mean is the dogs can track people in cars and people on bikes and all such things,
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why didn’t the dogs track the track of the girls riding up to the lake on their bikes?

Because their handlers apparently started them from near where the bicycles were found, apparently.

What else the handlers did after the family was no longer watching is unknown.

As for following a victim being transported in a car, it's very much a hit or miss thing. Some vehicles are much more airtight than others (weatherstripping around the doors in good condition, windows tight, etc). Some road conditions are better than others (fresh asphalt that is still out-gassing pretty much destroys the ability to scent while it is still in the dog's nose, for example).

I've never heard a handler with high qualifications assert that their dog could follow a victim in a car absolutely reliably. The most such a handler will say is "maybe."

My poor husband has been outside waiting for our dog to find him for a couple hours now.

I wonder how much longer before he remembers we don't have a dog. :what:

Sorry I could not resist. :floorlaugh:

I loved threecrazykids comment!

I sooooo want to try that! Lol! Hysterical! :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online