IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry... no offense to you, but what was the point in making them search your house if YOU knew the little girl was not there? I just fail to understand what exactly that accomplished, other than costing someone time that they could be searching somewhere else. Is it going to change anything?
I'm glad they found the little girl safe and sound and I can see your point that they SHOULD have done it to start with, but then going on to insist that they come back and search was just, IMO, unnecessary, because... she wasn't there. So, not to ruffle your feathers, I just don't get the point. Sorry.

If mom of missing girl didn't know the girl was asleep at home in the laundry basket then I don't think it is absurd to think the girl could have fallen asleep after wandering to another property. Think of all the places a tiny child can hide! I would have wanted my property searched also. Just because OP knew they personally didn't take the girl doesn't mean that the girl wasn't potentially on their property! IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry... no offense to you, but what was the point in making them search your house if YOU knew the little girl was not there? I just fail to understand what exactly that accomplished, other than costing someone time that they could be searching somewhere else. Is it going to change anything?
I'm glad they found the little girl safe and sound and I can see your point that they SHOULD have done it to start with, but then going on to insist that they come back and search was just, IMO, unnecessary, because... she wasn't there. So, not to ruffle your feathers, I just don't get the point. Sorry.

Thank you, I respect your opinion. No need to be sorry.

It didn't stop them or slow them down in anyway,

one LE came and checked.

And it really worked out for the best because,
at this time I am unable to go into my garage to search and he was able to check there for me.

Also as most you know me here I have 3 autistic children and also foster other emotional disturbed children the extra help searching really helped, so I could watch the children.

Thank you again :hug:

BBM

"in" the trail

Breault used "laying" also, as opposed to leaning, or standing, or upright. Maybe the bikes were never moved at all. MOO

Good catch. I certainly could take "in" the trail one of two ways:

1. The bikes were "in the trail" meaning just between the two fences of the bike trail and not specifically lying down or sitting up on their stands or leaning on the fence.... Just in the bike trail.

2. The bikes were in the trail as described by the bicyclist.... in the blind curve actually in the path of oncoming bikers in such a way one would have to swerve to miss running into the bikes.

I do recall Breault using the term "laying" also.

This wouldn't explain how the purse got on the lake side of the fence. The purse being there throws a monkey wrench into lots of my theories, too.:banghead:

The purse on the other side of the fence where the bikes were is very bothersome to me. It was important enough to take (even though the phone did not work) yet it ends up 10 feet from the bikes on the other side of the fence.:waitasec:

One thing I can tell you is that you cannot always believe everything LE says to the public. They don't always tell the facts as they really are and its used as a strategy for when they do their interrogations to know if the person of interest is telling the truth or not. They are usually very vague in their facts and tend to omit certain things. With LE you have to learn to read between the lines. They have a tough job sorting through all the facts from fiction in order to put the pieces together. My son still cries over a 7 year old who died in his arms after a drunk driver crashed into the vehicle she was a passenger in. He's always telling me its tough when its involving a child.

Hi to all you sleuths! I am new here, and have never sleuthed a case before. I am leaving it up to the experienced people and enjoy reading all your ideas! This way maybe I can learn how to sleuth. I am sick and tired of all these missing children!

Prayers for Lizzy and Lyric!

I'm starting to wonder if the kids were even abducted at the lake at all since the video shows them going in the opposite direction of the lake at 12:11pm. Also in one of the articles I read it was stated that the gate is normally locked but for some reason on this particular day the gate wasn't locked. I wonder who is responsible for locking and unlocking the gate. The purse and cellphone were found neatly laid on the lake side of the fence from what I've been reading. Something just isn't adding up in my books here.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

KERA MASHEK, REPORTER, KWWL: We have been told that the bikes were laying very neatly, just like any child that might get off their bike and go for a walk. They were just sitting right there along the lake side like any other ordinary day, nothing really awry with that. And the purse was also just kind of sat down -- not like it was thrown around or that they would, you know, been involved in a struggle of any kind.

For newer posters this might help. Another quote from verified local Ollipop (thread 1) regarding the police tape. This was posted at 5:36 pm on the 16th.

"The woods by the pump house that many of suspect could have been used as cover for an abduction have been searched thoroughly. There were vehicle tracks all around it, much of the undergrowth has been stomped down, etc. There is police tape blocking anyone from going to the spot on the trail where the bikes were found...the tape is right at the edge of the woods, at the end of the fence."

Argh, caught once again. It isn't a problem with your communication, the problem is that I don't get a lot of jokes. I'm very literal minded, to the point of being a little out of it in most social situations.

I apologise.

I actually thought it was a great description of how people think when on Meth, whether or not it was a misunderstood joke. Not from personal experience but from hearing others' experiences your bathroom painting scenario was exactly right! I think it's helpful that you gave such a detailed scenario.

Hi to all you sleuths! I am new here, and have never sleuthed a case before. I am leaving it up to the experienced people and enjoy reading all your ideas! This way maybe I can learn how to sleuth. I am sick and tired of all these missing children!

Hi thank you for joining!
I am also tired of hearing it.
I hope that the more energy that is focused on these
girls the better chance of finding them.
Now that some weeks have passed I hope
that girls still get the attention they deserve.
Welcome and I look forward to reading your post!!!!

:welcome4::welcome4::welcome4::welcome4:

Thank you so much to all you poster who don't mind reposting things that you may have already posted or discussed theory's. :hug:

Some of the poster here are NEW and / or have limited time on here and also have very little time to reread ALL of the 18 threads that have least over 1000 post a piece. that makes 18,000 post. Days worth of reading.

Once again to all of you who care enough to bring the NEW posters and one that only can get on here for a couple minutes everyday up to speed on the case...and theory's.

:blowkiss:

I didn't repost the presser where Abben says the bikes were leaning up against the fence because it took me about 3 hours to find it the first time and I don't have time to look for it again. I think I gave enough info to allow a new person to find it, if they wanted to. :)

May I also point out that you don't have to re-read every post in every thread. Many of the first several threads have good informative tags on them: eg. I know the post # of the posts with the early JVM episodes are tagged. That makes the older threads more searchable and useable. One of our posters, Amanda Reckonwith, has kept a case archive on photobucket. If anyone has the link handy, that is a great resource for newer posters. Patty G's youtube channel is also helpful.

I totally understand not wanting to read 17 backthreads. That is why it is so important to put helpful specific tags on each thread, I think.

ETA: go to youtube and search 'sierra1947 elizabeth collins' for links to JVM and some other useful videos.

I didn't repost the presser where Abben says the bikes were leaning up against the fence because it took me about 3 hours to find it the first time and I don't have time to look for it again. I think I gave enough info to allow a new person to find it, if they wanted to. :)

May I also point out that you don't have to re-read every post in every thread. Many of the first several threads have good informative tags on them: eg. I know the post # of the posts with the early JVM episodes are tagged. That makes the older threads more searchable and useable. One of our posters, Amanda Reckonwith, has kept a case archive on photobucket. If anyone has the link handy, that is a great resource for newer posters. Patty G's youtube channel is also helpful.

I totally understand not wanting to read 17 backthreads. That is why it is so important to put helpful specific tags on each thread, I think.

ETA: go to youtube and search 'sierra1947 elizabeth collins' for links to JVM and some other useful videos.

Thank you very much.... HUGE help. :hug:

I am a terrible searcher, and did look through all of your post and still coldn't find it, but another poster put Amandas link up.

Thank you agian... :blowkiss:

I have read every single post, some of the theories make sense, but with so little facts, its hard for me to come up with one that makes sense to me! As I am still learning!

:welcome: Jewels53! So glad to have you join us. I understand the urge to lurk and learn on joining but I sure hope you don't stay too quiet for too long. We all bounce ideas and theories around and the more people to bounce stuff with the better. :)

I just hate that there are no pressers from LE --not that I've seen anyway. The silence is deafening. It truly scares me that 2 little girls have been missing going on 6-7 weeks and there is nothing!

Can you imagine how the parents, grandparents and other family members feel?
These little girls need to be found and brought home.

BBM - THIS! So important to tag, especially when you and others have spent a long time trying to establish someone's exact quote or a specific fact. These debates tend to be cyclical and if you didn't tag it well when it first was debated or quoted, then you can pretty much rest assured you WILL be having the same debate or searching for the same darn thing three threads down the line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbandit22