IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is basing the points on a profile. Assuming the person is "trustworthy"-in order to take two children, quietly and unseen, they probably would have to appear respectable, seem familiar to the kids even if not actually known by them. Maybe some sort of worker's uniform, etc.

I really do not feel they have any specific info; they are trying to drum up new info, but who would be holding anything back at this point? No one innocent. You can't tell me this whole town has not already wracked their brains and probably even looked sidewise at certain people, probably even called in anonymous tips on them long ago.

I agree with you. Those six points could be applied to many other cases as well. Sometimes it does turn out to be someone known to the community and one the child may have automatically trusted, even if they didn't know them very well. Your idea of some type of uniform could be spot on, too.
As for who would be holding something back... some people do hesitate to come forward with information if it's a spouse or a parent or child, or even a good friend. They want to protect them for whatever reason. While most people would go to LE if they have suspicions about someone, there are still a few who just don't want to get involved, or they could be scared of someone for some reason. You just never know... not everyone is as conscientous as we are here.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-girls-update-6-keys-could-solve-the-case/-/9357080/16505396/-/item/1/-/ngxubk/-/index.html

snipped:: 3. Study the photos of Elizabeth and Lyric. Victims much older than these girls have been coerced and manipulated in a relatively short period of time into changing their names and denying their true identity, even when asked by police officers. The photos are an important part of the message. Please look at the attached poster, which includes the girls’ physical descriptions. Notice that the girls can look different from one photo to the next and remember that a haircut or coloring can dramatically alter a child’s appearance. There are certain facial characteristics of both girls that are distinct and unique, notice them and pay attention to children you see. Look at the freckles and moles on these girls’ faces. Pay attention to their smiles.

BBM

When I first heard that there were six points to consider regarding the missing children, I assumed that the six points would imply one person. After reading them, I had the impression that they were six generic points that are important when police are seeking new information regarding any missing person.

The point you mention suggests that the children may be alive and, if so, they may appear different. Another point suggests that whomever is responsible probably acted out of character at the time of the abduction. The one message that is loud and clear is that police suspect that the person responsible is from the Evansdale area or has some connection to the area ... but that seemed obvious from the beginning.

Otto, I agree with you that the six points are "generic" and worded to elicit as much info and as many tips and leads as possible

:moo:

When I first heard that there were six points to consider regarding the missing children, I assumed that the six points would imply one person. After reading them, I had the impression that they were six generic points that are important when police are seeking new information regarding any missing person.

The point you mention suggests that the children may be alive and, if so, they may appear different. Another point suggests that whomever is responsible probably acted out of character at the time of the abduction. The one message that is loud and clear is that police suspect that the person responsible is from the Evansdale area or has some connection to the area ... but that seemed obvious from the beginning.

I agree too. Those six points are a profile and sadly it makes me think that LE doesn't have anything of value other than that cctv tape. The fact that they are now looking at hours of other tape tells me they still don't know if the girls really made it to the lake. And that tells me that they didn't get any evidence of value at the lake.

All they have is the tape. While it makes sense to speculate that the perp may have followed them down Brovan, it's just as likely that he didn't. It's just as reasonable to assume that the perp entered and exited Brovan from the west and never drove past the camera, or the perp was in some parking lot or a street other than Brovan, or that the girls were abducted at the lake at this point. :banghead:

They really need the public's help and I still think they might get it. They have probably received the "there is this creepy guy" or "there was a strange car" tips, but what they need is something where it just hasn't occurred to anybody that could be telling. . like somebody called in to work, or wasn't where they were suppose to be that day.

I wish they could door knock and alibi every person in Evansdale. And if that doesn't lead anywhere, then alibi everyone that regularly works there, and then anyone that was staying in the area, etc. :sigh:

I agree too. Those six points are a profile and sadly it makes me think that LE doesn't have anything of value other than that cctv tape. The fact that they our now looking at hours of other tape tells me they still don't know if the girls really made it to the lake. And that tells me that they didn't get any evidence of value at the lake.

All they have is the tape. While it makes sense to speculate that the perp may have followed them down Brovan, it's just as likely that he didn't. It's just as reasonable to assume that the perp entered and exited Brovan from the west and never drove past the camera, or the perp was in some parking lot or a street other than Brovan, or that the girls were abducted at the lake at this point. :banghead:

They really need the public's help and I still think they might get it. They have probably received the "there is this creepy guy" or "there was a strange car" tips, but what they need is something where it just hasn't occurred to anybody that could be telling. . like somebody called in to work, or wasn't where they were suppose to be that day.

I wish they could door knock and alibi every person in Evansdale. And if that doesn't lead anywhere, then alibi everyone that regularly works there, and then anyone that was staying in the area, etc. :sigh:

b b m
If the cctv is all LE has I'm sorely disappointed. I pretty much took the 6 points literally I'm afraid.

Hmmmmm

Here's an interesting alert. At first I thought it was Florida, but it seems to be IA...gulp.

http://www.exploreokoboji.com/news/...f-possible-attempted-abductions&date=9-6-2012
Yeah, Dickinson County up in northwest Iowa is where I grew up mostly. A couple of my friends on FB who live up there and have small children were passing around on FB the alert they received from the local school districts.

White male, older with grey hair, white van, two separate incidents.

Yeah, Dickinson County up in northwest Iowa is where I grew up mostly. A couple of my friends on FB who live up there and have small children were passing around on FB the alert they received from the local school districts.

White male, older with grey hair, white van, two separate incidents.[/QUOTE

This is the description:

"The female described the white male as 60-66 years old with a beard and large framed prescription eyeglasses. " Interesting that it is a lake park.

The plates on the van are reportedly Dickinson County. MOO

White male, older with grey hair, white van, two separate incidents.

This is the description:

"The female described the white male as 60-66 years old with a beard and large framed prescription eyeglasses. " Interesting that it is a lake park.

The plates on the van are reportedly Dickinson County. MOO
Don't read anything into "lake park". Lake Park is the name of the town.

The alert my friend received:

PLEASE BE ALERT!!!!!!!

On 09-03-12 at about 1245 hours Lake Park Police were dispatched to attempt to locate a white van being driven by a grey haired male. This male was following and attempting to get a 13 year old female into the van. By the time the girl got home and told her parents and they called the police the van was gone. No other information at that time.
On 09-04-12 at about 1115 ho
ur
s a 35 year old female walking in the 1400 block of 140th St. Lake Park (rural/ east city limits paved road) was approached by a male driving a white van. The female described the white male as 60-66 years old with a beard and had larger framed prescription eyeglasses, wearing a medium colored blue t-shirt.

...1990’s- or newer possibly a Ford panel/construction van with the two rear door windows blacked out. No writing on the van or advertising. Iowa license plates Dickinson County with the letter “W” unknown rest of the plate numbers.
Lyon County and Wood Berry County have also had similar incidents
Any information regarding this or related incidents contact Joe Hoover Chief of Police Lake Park, IA.

Excellent thought. Also repair-type vans: cable, hvac, plumbing.....

Most delivery trucks have a prescribed daily route with required stops that would be logged, often by computer (vending machine drivers, ie). And repair trucks also use computers to confirm arrival and print invoices.

So even without GPS, it might be helpful to see if any stops along the routes of these drivers was missed that day, or if there were any late arrivals.

Wondering if the hot dry weather conditions caused more trees to fall, or need to be removed than usual ?
Also, was the woman posing in fake animal rescue uniform (and truck) I posted about previously ever been located?
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...nston-police-Woman-poses-animal-rescue-worker

( Driving a white Ford crown Victoria)

And this one...this is the one I was talking about in an earlier post. Marion is connected to Cedar Rapids which is about 45 min drive from Evansdale.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Mari...r-Incident-Involving-White-Van-168837696.html

There are so many of that are happening in the area. Makes me wonder if they are creating TONS of incidents so people just start becoming numb to the number of "white van incidents".

Or...is the white van just a decoy who has people who DON'T do the actual abduction to gain attention, while another type of vehicle is actually DOING the abductions.

I just can't comprehend the number of these sightings with the perps getting away unscathed.

I wonder if they have some sort of magnetic attachment to the license plate or something so they can take it on and off in an instant. Driving with NO plates would possibly be something someone would notice while an attempt is taking place...then BOOM slap the plate on and it's not the van in question because it has plates.:banghead:

I told my husband that I'm taking pictures of ANY vehicles I see driving around with no plates...van or not because I'm so sick of this. Someone knows something and so help me if they DO find these people I hope they hang them in Times Square just to make a damn point.:jail:

I just went back and looked at the attempted abductions on Hollye's case map. I don't know how I missed this one in Sioux City before, but it really stood out to me now. I could very easily see this being the scenario here.

. . .at noon two men in a 1990's blue and silver van with weathered paint, approached an 11-year-old girl and a 9-year-old boy . . .

One of the men allegedly told the children that they were friends with their mother, who was hurt. He told the children to get into the van,

link. . .http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_705cd5e4-445c-5799-95b1-7b2cd855fdef.html

Im two hours north of Des Moines; this is as close to Evansdale Police Blotter as i can find......

http://www.waterloopolice.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=63

Hope it helps

ArtzyPantz

It was not my request but I will thank you anyway. Would this one cover both W'loo and E'dale, or would there be a separate list for E'dale? Tia.

O/T I gave my daughter an unusual name. We have only come across it maybe 4 times in her 31 years of life. There was not one, but TWO women with the same name on that blotter. lol

Another possible abduction attempt -- this one in Missouri

http://fox4kc.com/2012/09/07/child-predator-possibly-spotted-at-cameron-park/

CAMERON, Mo. — Police in Cameron are asking the public to be on alert for a possible child predator who may have been trying to lure children to his car Thursday evening.
The heavy-set, gray-haired older man was with a small boy, possibly four to five years old. The suspect appeared to use the boy to entice other children toward his car, police said. The boy referred to the man as “grandpa”.

CAMERON, Mo. — Police in Cameron are asking the public to be on alert for a possible child predator who may have been trying to lure children to his car Thursday evening.
The heavy-set, gray-haired older man was with a small boy, possibly four to five years old. The suspect appeared to use the boy to entice other children toward his car, police said. The boy referred to the man as “grandpa”.

Scary! I'm actually surprised that a 5yr old wouldn't be lured by that. I'm glad she wasn't, but at 5 you would think another little child would make them think that it was ok. It also concerns me that the little boy might be a missing child. :(

Scary! I'm actually surprised that a 5yr old wouldn't be lured by that. I'm glad she wasn't, but at 5 you would think another little child would make them think that it was ok. It also concerns me that the little boy might be a missing child. :(

BBM

My thought exactly.

Actually, I probably can. :)

In the interim, send a cease and desist letter... RSBM

***>OT OT OT...

This is copy of my prior response...
Would love to, but they've given me bogus names for the company in cities that don't even exist... Call is from diff number each time, or unknown...
They're hard core. They told me if I would give them MY name, they'd stop calling. i refuse.
Thanks though I reported one once to attorney gen and got settlement of over $300.00 for months of harassing calls for some stranger. ;)

Thanks livingjuicy for the suggestion :)

***>OT OT OT...

Gotcha - well if you give me more information privately, I'll handle it for you :)

This is so sick, and so scary. How can we possibly warn our children of every danger they night face without scaring them to death??

ETA: I'd like to know what "stranger danger" information this little girl received, because it obviously worked. I'm amazed a child that young knew something was wrong.

This is so sick, and so scary. How can we possibly warn our children of every danger they night face without scaring them to death??

ETA: I'd like to know what "stranger danger" information this little girl received, because it obviously worked. I'm amazed a child that young knew something was wrong.

They've added coverage of a press conference since I posted the link. The mother didn't call 911 immediately. She posted it on social media, but somehow word got to LE and they were able to speak with her.

The man had the little boy tell the girl "grandpa has a surprise for you in the car, he wants you to come to the car." That's the point when the girl told her mom about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985