IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm just the oddball again, but as bad as all of the things posted have been, something else is what stood out to me. I thought it said the 5 year-old went home and posted about it on Facebook! :blushing:

I've wondered about a child being used in a lot of disappearances, probably because I've seen it happen in movies/tv shows so often. Maybe that theme isn't used anymore, but I haven't had a tv for a long time so it's still in my mind. I'd guess this little boy is either in the legal custody of a perverted grandfather or was a past victim. Unless, of course, his entire family participates in the abductions. I think going around "stealing" kids would be pretty hard for a kid that age to not mention to mom or dad if he just visits grandpa occasionally.

I guess I'm just the oddball again, but as bad as all of the things posted have been, something else is what stood out to me. I thought it said the 5 year-old went home and posted about it on Facebook! :blushing:

I've wondered about a child being used in a lot of disappearances, probably because I've seen it happen in movies/tv shows so often. Maybe that theme isn't used anymore, but I haven't had a tv for a long time so it's still in my mind. I'd guess this little boy is either in the legal custody of a perverted grandfather or was a past victim. Unless, of course, his entire family participates in the abductions. I think going around "stealing" kids would be pretty hard for a kid that age to not mention to mom or dad if he just visits grandpa occasionally.

I believe it was the mother who posted about it on FB.

:waiting: F5 :waiting: F5

I keep updating, but not much is happening here today. I pray some new leads come about from yesterday's "6 points".

this is a very cool map that shows abductions and attempted abductions....

http://amberalerts.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Yes indeed...fascinating map. I'm glad to see that "our little missing girls" are noted on the Amber Alert section of map even though circumstances kept them from qualifying for an official Amber Alert.

All fellow peeps here, please be sure to take a look at the Human Trafficking section of subject map[bb-Fox] for the U.S. (I think I'm going to be sick...)

Doesn't open , won't even load, :(
What is okoboji? I'm leery of opening things Im not sure off.

Tia

Same here...and i'm skittish with unknown sites...it won't open...a 'snippet' might be helpful....tks

Same here...and i'm skittish with unknown sites...it won't open...a 'snippet' might be helpful....tks

It is about an alert in northwestern Iowa..about a couple of attempted abductions in the last couple of days. A few pages back on this thread you can read about them. MOO

They've added coverage of a press conference since I posted the link. The mother didn't call 911 immediately. She posted it on social media, but somehow word got to LE and they were able to speak with her.

The man had the little boy tell the girl "grandpa has a surprise for you in the car, he wants you to come to the car." That's the point when the girl told her mom about it.

Omg!that gave me chills! :what:

The article was about another attempted
abduction!
Pedophiles are everywhere. :(

I just had an idea but I'm not sure how to go about investigating it.

I suddenly remembered that a lot of companies that have fleets of delivery vehicles install GPS in those vehicles, so they can keep track of what drivers are doing. I also know that if there aren't any complaints about a specific driver such as delayed deliveries or bad driving reports, those GPS records are just stored without any human looking at them.

What I would really love is some way of asking companies with any kind of delivery vehicle with GPS to look back over their records for the last 3 to 6 months to see if any of their vehicles ever stopped at the parking lot by Meyer's Lake.

My thought is that the perp may have a regular delivery route and may have used the vehicle to scout out potential locations for abduction. Then on 13 July, the perp came back in their own vehicle.

I'm thinking of companies like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, bakeries, etc, not just mail or UPS or Fedex.

To branch off your idea, which is very good :clap: what about route drivers in personal cars? What about drug reps, small specialty stocking in stores like greeting cards (comes to mind first) that normally have to set up displays (isnt that still done?) Dont they normally come on set days of the week or wouldn't they have deadlines for stock replenishment? I'm sure local stores have records of comings and goings of vendors... Wonder if physicians offices keep records too? :waitasec:
Just brainstorming a bit, MOO :moo:
The thought of a drug rep scares me... Even though their samples aren't controlled substances wonder what they do have access to?

Once again, I'm going to show off my ignorance here. Who would do maintenance on the jetty if it were needed (if there's any kind of maintenance that it may need)? I was just thinking that someone may have been working on it or just checking something with it. If the girls rode by while he was there, they might stop to see what he was doing, and maybe even sit on the bank watching him. If that were the case, he could have taken them or seen something that would help identify whoever did.

:ignore: Nevermind. I just realized that LE would have been aware of anyone who was working right there a long time ago! Duh!

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-girls-update-6-keys-could-solve-the-case/-/9357080/16505396/-/item/1/-/ngxubk/-/index.html

snipped:: 3. Study the photos of Elizabeth and Lyric. Victims much older than these girls have been coerced and manipulated in a relatively short period of time into changing their names and denying their true identity, even when asked by police officers. The photos are an important part of the message. Please look at the attached poster, which includes the girls’ physical descriptions. Notice that the girls can look different from one photo to the next and remember that a haircut or coloring can dramatically alter a child’s appearance. There are certain facial characteristics of both girls that are distinct and unique, notice them and pay attention to children you see. Look at the freckles and moles on these girls’ faces. Pay attention to their smiles.

BBM

I agree with you. Not only haircuts and haircolor but also clothing can alter the appearance of the child's sex. The intimate facial characteristics should still be recognizable, but how fast do children grow?

Meaning what if one of the girls has had a big growth spurt (like some suggested might be in the near future for L) we can't discount taller girls or changes in weight. Think how Elizabeth Smart changed during her time of captivity eating the crappy food fed to her. Back in her home she soon looked like the pictures of the beautiful girl we were looking for... Just MOO :moo:

Good evening everyone! Just dropping in to check if there is anything new regarding Elizabeth and Lyric.

A huge thanks to the poster who gave the link to "Missing Iowa girls' abductor likely on video, investigator says."

DCI set up a new email address, OurMissingIowaGirls@dps.state.ia.us, and began circulating the email to encourage members of the public to reconsider what they might know about the girls’ disappearance and provide any new details on the case, Paulson told The Des Moines Register.

Does anyone know if the DCI setting up an e-mail address for the public to send tips is a new system? I have not heard of an e-mail being set up for a missing person before.... websites and FB, etc. al. - yes, but not a specific e-mail. This makes me wonder if the DCI suspects the girls could have access to the internet. I believe Shawn Hornsby did and so did Jaycee Dugard.

Once again, I'm going to show off my ignorance here. Who would do maintenance on the jetty if it were needed (if there's any kind of maintenance that it may need)? I was just thinking that someone may have been working on it or just checking something with it. If the girls rode by while he was there, they might stop to see what he was doing, and maybe even sit on the bank watching him. If that were the case, he could have taken them or seen something that would help identify whoever did.

:ignore: Nevermind. I just realized that LE would have been aware of anyone who was working right there a long time ago! Duh!

Just randomly branching off of your post Confusion, I believe another poster posted something about the girls forgetting the purse at Meyers Lake and they could have been speeding back to get the purse to get back in time to leave with Grandma. This would have been their second trip to the lake and perhaps the person or persons who took the girls spied them again on the same route. I'm thinking in the area of the pics that Otto posted that included the truckstop/diner. The girls might have mentioned they had forgotten their purse at the lake and the perp offers to take them and their bikes to the lake perhaps telling the girls "I'm going that way." Instead of dropping the girls and the bikes off, perp just drops the bikes off keeping the girls.

I strongly believe the perp is on video too. He/she/they could have been following the girls around for a while, not real close, but close enough.

Hoping that someone who saw something odd will come forward with information that will identify who took the girls.

Good evening everyone! Just dropping in to check if there is anything new regarding Elizabeth and Lyric.

A huge thanks to the poster who gave the link to "Missing Iowa girls' abductor likely on video, investigator says."

Does anyone know if the DCI setting up an e-mail address for the public to send tips is a new system? I have not heard of an e-mail being set up for a missing person before.... websites and FB, etc. al. - yes, but not a specific e-mail. This makes me wonder if the DCI suspects the girls could have access to the internet. I believe Shawn Hornsby did and so did Jaycee Dugard.

Yes, it is a first for the DCI. As for the girls having internet access that's a great thought.

Well, I'm back on my roller coaster again..... Yesterday when the 6 keys were released I was all fired up. The more I read them, the more discouraged I became. The keys are just too vague. IMHO. I think LE is grasping for straws. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810