IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't open , won't even load, :(
What is okoboji? I'm leery of opening things Im not sure off.

Tia
Did anyone answer your question? If not...

Okoboji is a town in northwest Iowa that is between two lakes, East Lake Okoboji and West Lake Okoboji. The entire area is known as the Iowa Great Lakes region because of all the natural lakes up that way headed towards Minnesota.

Lake Park is to the north and west of Okoboji.

I agree with you. Not only haircuts and haircolor but also clothing can alter the appearance of the child's sex. The intimate facial characteristics should still be recognizable, but how fast do children grow?

Meaning what if one of the girls has had a big growth spurt (like some suggested might be in the near future for L) we can't discount taller girls or changes in weight. Think how Elizabeth Smart changed during her time of captivity eating the crappy food fed to her. Back in her home she soon looked like the pictures of the beautiful girl we were looking for... Just MOO :moo:

:goodpost: Southern Mom and mahoolin! I am wondering if the perp could be disguising Lizzie as a boy. Dyed her hair to a dark color, cut hair short and put a baseball cap on her. Lyric, I feel, would be harder to disguise as a boy as she was a bit older. Just random thoughts! :waitasec:

Well, I'm back on my roller coaster again..... Yesterday when the 6 keys were released I was all fired up. The more I read them, the more discouraged I became. The keys are just too vague. IMHO. I think LE is grasping for straws. :(

I agree! It is so sad, I don't think LE has much to go on!

• Study the photos of Elizabeth and Lyric. Victims much older than these girls have been coerced and manipulated in a relatively short period of time into changing their names and denying their true identity, even when asked by police officers. The photos are an important part of the message. Please look at the attached poster, which includes the girls’ physical descriptions. Notice that the girls can look different from one photo to the next and remember that a haircut or coloring can dramatically alter a child’s appearance. There are certain facial characteristics of both girls that are distinct and unique, notice them and pay attention to children you see. Look at the freckles and moles on these girls’ faces. Pay attention to their smiles.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120906026

I hope everyone that reads the article makes a point to take a second look at the girls' pictures again. Not sure which poster they gave because it was not attached to the article, or at least I did not see it.

I agree that the list/points are too general and could apply to many cases. I wish this list had been put out much earlier in the case. The fact that it comes now is very discouraging to me.

As I read the article, I am reminded of what great posters we have at Web Sleuths!! I believe we have discussed everything the DCI mentioned in their key points:

• "Perhaps you know someone who was talking about planning on being in the Evansdale area on the 13th of July. Perhaps they were planning to visit someone, go camping, fishing, boating, or visit for business."

• "If you know someone that has had a an abrupt, significant, and unexplained change of behavior, or suddenly decided to get rid of a vehicle, a boat, or some other property under circumstances that seem unusual, take the time to let us know."

I agree that the list/points are too general and could apply to many cases. I wish this list had been put out much earlier in the case. The fact that it comes now is very discouraging to me.

Me too. :( This should have been done a loong time ago when everyone's memories were fresh.
This is a generic "profile" only designed to garner (hopefully new) tips- I hope it works and they get the one tip that will break it wide open!
Does anyone know if Elizabeth (9), not Lyric (10), has a slightly older brother?

Me too. :( This should have been done a loong time ago when everyone's memories were fresh.
This is a generic "profile" only designed to garner (hopefully new) tips- I hope it works and they get the one tip that will break it wide open!
Does anyone know if Elizabeth (9), not Lyric (10), has a slightly older brother?

Elizabeth's brother is 12 and Lyric's is 16, I believe.

Just randomly branching off of your post Confusion, I believe another poster posted something about the girls forgetting the purse at Meyers Lake and they could have been speeding back to get the purse to get back in time to leave with Grandma. This would have been their second trip to the lake and perhaps the person or persons who took the girls spied them again on the same route. I'm thinking in the area of the pics that Otto posted that included the truckstop/diner. The girls might have mentioned they had forgotten their purse at the lake and the perp offers to take them and their bikes to the lake perhaps telling the girls "I'm going that way." Instead of dropping the girls and the bikes off, perp just drops the bikes off keeping the girls.

I strongly believe the perp is on video too. He/she/they could have been following the girls around for a while, not real close, but close enough.

Hoping that someone who saw something odd will come forward with information that will identify who took the girls.

BBM

Thanks Boots. That's why I think they are still reviewing all the videos from the area. If they have just one video from the week prior & the week after the girls went missing and they are 24 hours times 14 days, that's a lot of watching. 336 hours to watch. They have more than that per their articles. If it were 10, oh my. That would be 3360 hours/24 hrs in a day=140 days worth. Not counting rewinds and collaborations of things like vehicle descriptions, possibly finding owners in the state of that type vehicle, 911 calls/scanner, tips. Ay Ay Yi! Sorry for the math on a Friday night. Hope I got it right! To me watching surveilance tapes before and after to find the missing would be very time consuming depending on how many are on that detail. But if that would find the girls it would be a blessing. jmo

More power to them! I do believe it's less than that but still very time consuming.

And this one...this is the one I was talking about in an earlier post. Marion is connected to Cedar Rapids which is about 45 min drive from Evansdale.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Mari...r-Incident-Involving-White-Van-168837696.html

There are so many of that are happening in the area. Makes me wonder if they are creating TONS of incidents so people just start becoming numb to the number of "white van incidents".

Or...is the white van just a decoy who has people who DON'T do the actual abduction to gain attention, while another type of vehicle is actually DOING the abductions.

I just can't comprehend the number of these sightings with the perps getting away unscathed.

I wonder if they have some sort of magnetic attachment to the license plate or something so they can take it on and off in an instant. Driving with NO plates would possibly be something someone would notice while an attempt is taking place...then BOOM slap the plate on and it's not the van in question because it has plates.:banghead:

I told my husband that I'm taking pictures of ANY vehicles I see driving around with no plates...van or not because I'm so sick of this. Someone knows something and so help me if they DO find these people I hope they hang them in Times Square just to make a damn point.:jail:

Good point. Also maybe those buisness magnets pweople use to promate thier buisness.
That would be a great thing to pop on the car afterwords
No one would yhink that that is the same van.
Thanks for the idea!

Good evening everyone! Just dropping in to check if there is anything new regarding Elizabeth and Lyric.

A huge thanks to the poster who gave the link to "Missing Iowa girls' abductor likely on video, investigator says."

Does anyone know if the DCI setting up an e-mail address for the public to send tips is a new system? I have not heard of an e-mail being set up for a missing person before.... websites and FB, etc. al. - yes, but not a specific e-mail. This makes me wonder if the DCI suspects the girls could have access to the internet. I believe Shawn Hornsby did and so did Jaycee Dugard.

Just catching up, but that is a good point. It also crossed my mind that they may be getting some cryptic messages. . .e-mail may help. ;)

I kind of view it as opposite as you. I have seen similar lists put out before and they were released early in the case.I tend to lean towards LE having had solid clues to work with since the girls went missing. The fact that this list wasn't put out till now is encouraging to me. I think they are looking for specific information to help tie together what they have been working on till now. Jmo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

:goodpost: Southern Mom and mahoolin! I am wondering if the perp could be disguising Lizzie as a boy. Dyed her hair to a dark color, cut hair short and put a baseball cap on her. Lyric, I feel, would be harder to disguise as a boy as she was a bit older. Just random thoughts! :waitasec:

I honestly don't think so. Lyric cannot be passed off as a boy, and there's no way that Elizabeth would pull off being a boy around Lyric.

I hope everyone that reads the article makes a point to take a second look at the girls' pictures again. Not sure which poster they gave because it was not attached to the article, or at least I did not see it.

Here is the picture that is attached to the article. After reading the article, I thought that there would be various poses of the girls, but there's just the one picture of each of them.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1198725&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

I think it wouldn't make that much difference. That is, releasing the 6 points earlier wouldn't have helped. In fact, I think that releasing the information now is better. One of the 6 points relates to thinking back about whether anyone was acting weird around the time of the disappearance. The point asks people to trust their intuition about the people they know and to come forward if their gut feeling is that a person was acting weird, or out of character, on the weekend of July 13, 2012.

As I read the article, I am reminded of what great posters we have at Web Sleuths!! I believe we have discussed everything the DCI mentioned in their key points:

• "Perhaps you know someone who was talking about planning on being in the Evansdale area on the 13th of July. Perhaps they were planning to visit someone, go camping, fishing, boating, or visit for business."

• "If you know someone that has had a an abrupt, significant, and unexplained change of behavior, or suddenly decided to get rid of a vehicle, a boat, or some other property under circumstances that seem unusual, take the time to let us know."

Interesting ... the questions of repainting a vehicle, a missing boat, or under-priced property (someone that is trying to disguise, obfuscate, or ditch) ... the question of someone someone was in the area to visit someone, camp, fish, boat, or business ... on July 13 ... so someone that was passing through and who has recently made some changes in terms hiding in plain sight (painting vehicles, selling paddleboats, selling stuff cheap.

Interesting ... the questions of repainting a vehicle, a missing boat, or under-priced property (someone that is trying to disguise, obfuscate, or ditch) ... the question of whether someone was in the area to visit, camp, fish, boat, or do business ... on July 13 ... so someone that was passing through and who has recently made some changes in terms hiding in plain sight (painting vehicles, selling paddleboats, selling stuff cheap.

... rambling

I think it wouldn't make that much difference. That is, releasing the 6 points earlier wouldn't have helped. In fact, I think that releasing the information now is better. One of the 6 points relates to thinking back about whether anyone was acting weird around the time of the disappearance. The point asks people to trust their intuition about the people they know and to come forward if their gut feeling is that a person was acting weird, or out of character, on the weekend of July 13, 2012.

Memories fade, dates get mixed up. In most cases I have followed, LE puts out a statement like this within a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomuSJ