IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. :( This should have been done a loong time ago when everyone's memories were fresh.
This is a generic "profile" only designed to garner (hopefully new) tips- I hope it works and they get the one tip that will break it wide open!
Does anyone know if Elizabeth (9), not Lyric (10), has a slightly older brother?

I'm inclined to think that asking the public to think back to whether anyone was acting weird at that time, and in the couple of weeks following the disappearance, is a good thing. People need time to think things through. If someone was suddenly acting out of character on July 13, they're probably still acting a bit weird ... or they've beome too shady to want to know. I think it's better to provide the 6 points now, as everyone is concerned about the children and now is a good time to reflect on what they might remember.

It sounds like it was someone passing through town that had a reason to be in town.

BBM

Thanks Boots. That's why I think they are still reviewing all the videos from the area. If they have just one video from the week prior & the week after the girls went missing and they are 24 hours times 14 days, that's a lot of watching. 336 hours to watch. They have more than that per their articles. If it were 10, oh my. That would be 3360 hours/24 hrs in a day=140 days worth. Not counting rewinds and collaborations of things like vehicle descriptions, possibly finding owners in the state of that type vehicle, 911 calls/scanner, tips. Ay Ay Yi! Sorry for the math on a Friday night. Hope I got it right! To me watching surveilance tapes before and after to find the missing would be very time consuming depending on how many are on that detail. But if that would find the girls it would be a blessing. jmo

More power to them! I do believe it's less than that but still very time consuming.

Makes sense to me ... investigators are probably looking fora similarity between vehicles, especially looking for footage on other days where the girls can be seen ... I think that whomever kidnapped these two children watched them before taking them ... perhaps especially Elizabeth (as she is the child that lived in the area) ... so his vehicle might be found on other footage ... perhaps in the parking lot near the old post office on July 12, 11, or 6 ... perhaps with business closer to River Forest Road.

I don't think it has to be someone just passing through. It could be someone who comes to town once a week, once a month, for a couple weeks every summer, weekends over the summer, etc. I think the point is that even if you don't live there, you could still know the person who did it.

This is so sick, and so scary. How can we possibly warn our children of every danger they night face without scaring them to death??

ETA: I'd like to know what "stranger danger" information this little girl received, because it obviously worked. I'm amazed a child that young knew something was wrong.

I've known some kids who were just naturally shy and wouldn't have gone with a stranger, no matter what. It's good to know this child didn't fall for that line, but it's surprising how many might, even if they have been taught. I'm beginning to think parents can't protect them enough, it seems these perverts are getting bolder all the time! It's pretty sad when you can't let them out of your sight for 2 seconds without risking some sicko trying to lure them into his clutches.

Memories fade, dates get mixed up. In most cases I have followed, LE puts out a statement like this within a week or so.

Exactly what I was thinking. A lot of people (me, for one) would find it hard to remember who I saw almost two months ago on a specific date. That list is helpful now, but would have helped more in the first few days. MOO.

BUT, one thing is possible. Someone in another town or even another state might see someone with two young girls and the situation may seem off to that person, prompting them to call it in. Stranger things have happened.

I don't think it has to be someone just passing through. It could be someone who comes to town once a week, once a month, for a couple weeks every summer, weekends over the summer, etc. I think the point is that even if you don't live there, you could still know the person who did it.

Exactly. Could be a relative of someone living there and comes to visit occasionally, but over time has become familiar with the area.

:goodpost: Southern Mom and mahoolin! I am wondering if the perp could be disguising Lizzie as a boy. Dyed her hair to a dark color, cut hair short and put a baseball cap on her. Lyric, I feel, would be harder to disguise as a boy as she was a bit older. Just random thoughts! :waitasec:

That is one possibility. However,it's not necessary to disguise a child if he/she has been thoroughly frightened of dire consequences. Also, if the girls have been seen by anyone, and they have suspicions, maybe whoever it is just doesn't want to believe that their suspicions are true. Who would want to believe such a horrible truth.
Maybe the girls are too frightened to speak out. One case that comes to mind is the Scott Hornbeck case. Some neighbors noticed the resemblance and asked Scott if he was himself. He denied it. He had been convinced by his perp that if anyone found out that not only would Scott suffer, but also everyone he loved would be harmed as well.

:goodpost: Southern Mom and mahoolin! I am wondering if the perp could be disguising Lizzie as a boy. Dyed her hair to a dark color, cut hair short and put a baseball cap on her. Lyric, I feel, would be harder to disguise as a boy as she was a bit older. Just random thoughts! :waitasec:

Thats an excellent idea !

If so, can you imagine how she feels? I wish the girls would be found soon,

I honestly don't think so. Lyric cannot be passed off as a boy, and there's no way that Elizabeth would pull off being a boy around Lyric.
B b m

This is only your opinion yes?
Girls can be made to look like boys by changing, hair style, clothes, shoes, etc.
Look at Angelina and Brads little girl. She is cute and looks and dresses like a boy.
IMO

Memories fade, dates get mixed up. In most cases I have followed, LE puts out a statement like this within a week or so.

I agree. I've seen it done early on in cases many times before. :moo:

To branch off your idea, which is very good :clap: what about route drivers in personal cars? What about drug reps, small specialty stocking in stores like greeting cards (comes to mind first) that normally have to set up displays (isnt that still done?) Dont they normally come on set days of the week or wouldn't they have deadlines for stock replenishment? I'm sure local stores have records of comings and goings of vendors... Wonder if physicians offices keep records too? :waitasec:
Just brainstorming a bit, MOO :moo:
The thought of a drug rep scares me... Even though their samples aren't controlled substances wonder what they do have access to?

I wonder if there are still Vet drugs supply reps? Some animal drugs are very powerful. I wonder if there are still vet drug samples being taken to Vets and their clinics?

I'm inclined to think that asking the public to think back to whether anyone was acting weird at that time, and in the couple of weeks following the disappearance, is a good thing. People need time to think things through. If someone was suddenly acting out of character on July 13, they're probably still acting a bit weird ... or they've beome too shady to want to know. I think it's better to provide the 6 points now, as everyone is concerned about the children and now is a good time to reflect on what they might remember.

It sounds like it was someone passing through town that had a reason to be in town.

IMO it shouldn't take 2 months!

For anyone who might not have seen it, there is a heartbreaking update in the Linnea Lomax case. Her case is the one that brought me here, and I've mostly followed hers and Lyric/Elizabeth's ever since. The two that grabbed my heart-strings the most, I guess. Unfortunately Linnea was found deceased today.

Wishing with all my heart for a better outcome for Elizabeth and Lyric.

Weird question ... but from time to time I read that someone has puked a little in their own mouth. Just reading that is a bit nauseating. Is that like snorting coffee? Puking seems like the sort of thing one would do in private ... yet I read here about people puking, even if it is only into their own mouth prior to swallowing.

Snorting coffee seems at least half civilized.

For anyone who might not have seen it, there is a heartbreaking update in the Linnea Lomax case. Her case is the one that brought me here, and I've mostly followed hers and Lyric/Elizabeth's ever since. The two that grabbed my heart-strings the most, I guess. Unfortunately Linnea was found deceased today.

Wishing with all my heart for a better outcome for Elizabeth and Lyric.

How old was she when she disappeared and where is she from?

True, it's not good.

I think it was obvious from the beginning that whomever abducted the two children had some connection with Evansdale. Suggestions that there are two disguised children, that are Elizabth and Lyric, seem a bit absurd to me. I don't believe that they are prancing here and there with different colored hair and hair styles.

These children are gone. The person that dd this probably had a reason to be in Evandale on the weekend of July 13 and he's probably been acting a bit weird since then. Probably, although he is sticking to routines, he has either disposed of or modified, boat/vehicles/property. He sounds like a real creep that knows he's a weirdo, watches children, pounces when no one is looking and then looks again.

How old was she when she disappeared and where is she from?

Apologies... I know my post was off topic for Elizabeth and Lyric's thread. I was pretty upset earlier and forgot to put the caveat about it being unrelated. It's another story I was following and it seems so rare these days that there's "breaking news" on most of them. I don't think there's any connection between the cases.

Proper caveat - off topic, but wanted to pass the news on. Linnea was 19. She's been featured on the home page here at WS for quite awhile and there was a planned KlaasKids search this weekend. The search started today, no longer needed now. She's from Placerville CA I believe, went to school at UC Davis also in CA, and disappeared (then found deceased today) in Sacramento. I grew up in the area and even went to the same college so her story touched me. Linnea was inpatient at a psychiatric hospital for 10 days, released to outpatient treatment, and disappeared at lunch time from the outpatient clinic. There were so many reported sightings of her after that, so many things to indicate she might still be alive, I really hoped she was. Here's the media/timeline thread for Linnea: CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 *Media Links, Maps, Timelines* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community.

Back semi-on topic, Lizzie and Lyric happened to appear on WS not too long after I found the site due to Linnea's case, and the girls' case touched me too. I think it's their infectious grins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member