IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thatis what happened to the Baines girls whose mother, (and older sister ? this my be wrong )were killed and they were abducted and recovered in the spring.
My fiance's Mother tells a story, where she once worked for security in a large department store (caldors)in the 80's and a child went missing- they closed all the exits of the store- and found the perp in the bathroom( in the store) - literally dying the child's hair! Thank god she was OK.

Thank you! I remember hearing or reading a case about a perp grabbing a kid in Wal Mart, taking her to the restroom, and cutting her hair and putting boys' clothes on her, but I think this was in the late 90's. It can happen, though!

Nowadays, most department stores and big box stores automatically lock the exit doors as soon as a child is reported missing. My grandson wandered off in Wal Mart a few years ago, while his mom had stepped over to the customer service counter and my son was holding their baby girl near the exit doors. They hit a button which locked all the exit doors immediately. They found him within a few minutes but it was a frantic 15 minutes or so! I think they even sent someone outside to look through the parking lot. My DIL was about to pass out, she was so scared!

Today is the Iowa vs Iowa State game... there will be A LOT of drinking today.....maybe today will be the day someone gets drunk and lets something slip......

(wishful thinking i know)

Yup, but it's a good wishful thought :)...hope you're right...

19487211_BG1.jpg

Thank you peeples for this link http://www.kwwl.com/story/19487211/...help-find-missing-girls#.UEqEcbYyVmI.facebook

Heartwrenching poster. I have noticed that each of the photos of the girls that I have seen, Lizzie's smiles are open while Lyric tends to smile with her mouth closed. Where are you girls? :heartbeat: Prayers for Elizabeth and Lyric :heartbeat:

I hope there is a break soon it is
time to bring tham home.

When TG saw the two bikes on the trail, I wonder if he also saw Elizabeth's purse. If not, I wonder where it was, if indeed the bikes he saw were the girls' bikes.:waitasec:

When TG saw the two bikes on the trail, I wonder if he also saw Elizabeth's purse. If not, I wonder where it was, if indeed the bikes he saw were the girls' bikes.:waitasec:

I never heard any mention of him seeing the purse. I suppose if he was distracted by swerving to miss the bikes he might not have looked towards the lake.

Hi, everyone! I haven't checked in for a week and a half so I wanted to pop in and check for any updates. I can't believe the girls are still missing. I want to thank all of you who offered words of support and well-wishes for my dad. He came home from the hospital this week. He's terribly, terribly ill. We don't even know if treatment is an option. Should be finding out more about that in about a week.

I'll never catch up on all the posts but I'll be going back as I'm able. Things have been so hard here, I'll just take in what I'm able to handle. If there is anything major that I should know about... please clue me in!!

Do we know anything new at all???!! Please say yes!! :please:

Hi, everyone! I haven't checked in for a week and a half so I wanted to pop in and check for any updates. I can't believe the girls are still missing. I want to thank all of you who offered words of support and well-wishes for my dad. He came home from the hospital this week. He's terribly, terribly ill. We don't even know if treatment is an option. Should be finding out more about that in about a week.

I'll never catch up on all the posts but I'll be going back as I'm able. Things have been so hard here, I'll just take in what I'm able to handle. If there is anything major that I should know about... please clue me in!!

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...7080/16505396/-/item/0/-/l8n01mz/-/index.html

:seeya:Welcome back!

At the bottom of this page under "tags", check out the 6 key points that were outlined earlier this week. That will let you know what we've been talking about lately, trying to figure out what the release of this info means.

ETA: I see Jax49 was quicker than me!!

If I lived in Evansdale or Waterloo or Cedar Rapids or anywhere nearby, I would be very worried about the safety of my children. I got one thing from LE's six key points and that was that somewhere out there is an "Regular Joe" that people know as a good neighbor, a decent guy, a nice fellow - just like you and me. "Regular Joe" wouldn't do anything like this - he volunteered to help you put your kids' swingset together, he loaned your neighbor a lawnmower when his broke, he helps out at the food bank, he even fixed the car of the widow down the street and didn't charge her a dime! No, it couldn't be Regular Joe. He has a job and hobbies. He's just like you and me. Except Regular Joe is wearing a mask. A really good mask. Maybe after talking with Regular Joe one day, you thought you had caught a glimpse of a mask, but then you remembered that Regular Joe is just like you and me - a good neighbor, a decent guy, a nice fellow. He's just an ordinary man, Regular Joe. He's your neighbor.

Good question.

Ollipop said that there was a lot of weed growth on the fencelines but I don't know if there was weed growth at the particular point where the purse was found. If there was weed growth at that point, it may have been there but not easily seen. Particularly by a bicyclist who was concentrating on keeping his balance.

But maybe the girls were off exploring or whatever...

Good question.

Ollipop said that there was a lot of weed growth on the fencelines but I don't know if there was weed growth at the particular point where the purse was found. If there was weed growth at that point, it may have been there but not easily seen. Particularly by a bicyclist who was concentrating on keeping his balance.

But maybe the girls were off exploring or whatever...

Wait - I have been thinking all this time that the bikes that the bicyclist almost ran over were actually in the same place as the police actually found them. Is that not the case? TIA.

Wait - I have been thinking all this time that the bikes that the bicyclist almost ran over were actually in the same place as the police actually found them. Is that not the case? TIA.

IIRC, Its never been confirmed exactly where TG saw the bikes.

The 6 key points release makes is very clear to me that LE believes this was a stranger abduction....the hardest kind of abduction cases to solve....

Poor Lyric & Lizzie.

I've a question for some locals concerning a coffee cup LE collected near where the bikes were found, and if anyone there recognizes where it may have originated from. The best I can do here is post the link of a photo gallery it is in, but you have to scroll through quite a few of the thumbnail photos at the top to find it. In the pic, there are 3 LE, on the left in dark, the one in the middle in a dark green polo shirt, and the one on the right (holding the cup) in a white shirt.
It's bugged me for some time where that cup is sold.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...12-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html?photo=203

I've a question for some locals concerning a coffee cup LE collected near where the bikes were found, and if anyone there recognizes where it may have originated from. The best I can do here is post the link of a photo gallery it is in, but you have to scroll through quite a few of the thumbnail photos at the top to find it. In the pic, there are 3 LE, on the left in dark, the one in the middle in a dark green polo shirt, and the one on the right (holding the cup) in a white shirt.
It's bugged me for some time where that cup is sold.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...12-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html?photo=203

I can't access the courier. Is this the shot you're talking about?

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...ke-for-Iowa-cousins-3716341.php#photo-3205235

It is unknown.

TG, the bicyclist, never pinpointed for the media exactly where he saw the bicycles. LE has given a general location (near the gate to the little rock jetty visible in overhead photos) but not a precise location.

If the devil is in the details, then he is surely lacking in this case because the details are skimpy.

Hello all!

For various reasons, I've been away from WS for awhile, but I'm still in Evansdale, still worrying about the girls, still anxiously awaiting their safe return, still supporting the families, still keeping hope alive and current whenever possible.

I've received several PM's in my absence, and will be focusing tonight on responding to those. I thank you all for your concern, but rest assured I am well.

Today wasn't the day, but tomorrow may be. Let's get these girls back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rich Panda