IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only posted on this forum a couple of times but do read here daily. I agree with you completely. My gut instinct when reading the 6 Key Points the first time was that they are aimed at a specific person or goup of people. Perhaps someone holds important information and has not come forward with it and LE knows it. Perhaps a friend, acquitance, or relative of this "someone" suspects the "someone" has this knowledge. It seems to me LE is urging the friend, acquitance, or relative to contact them. I hope my ramblings make sense. It seems to me that someone may have spoken of taking a trip to Evansdale and did do so only to claim they did not go. That is a strange addition in my opinion.

Excellent way to explain the 6 key points!

I've read the 6 key points until my eyes crossed. :)
Personally I feel the second point is the most telling.
LE said in the statement the perp is Someone known
to the area...someone that is trustworthy

From the LE release

"Whoever did this is known by many people."

"Whoever did this walks amoungst us, and lives amongst us."

Powerful wording yes?

Could this be a school teacher, a pastor, who?
I'm beginning to thing the kidnapper is a woman. Moo

This is a look into the "profile" of the then unknown suspect in Somer Thompson's case. LE basically gives the same points to watch for (although they had one big advantage- they had recovered Somer), and it has a very good interview that really will give you a good idea of what an opportunistic predator is and how they differ from the "ordinary " child molesters.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video?id=8944780

I got a message saying its no longer viewable. :(

Point 6---
"DON'T IGNORE YOUR NATURAL INSTINCTS-----THEY CAN BE Very VALUABLE. "

These little cousins haunt me. Someone, somewhere knows where they were and are. I am praying that the email tip line will be of help in finding them. I do agree with the 6 points, the most disturbing to me being someone that's trusted. It is usually someone that's trusted, right?
Please, who ever you are, give them up!!!

I think LE is basing the points on a profile. Assuming the person is "trustworthy"-in order to take two children, quietly and unseen, they probably would have to appear respectable, seem familiar to the kids even if not actually known by them. Maybe some sort of worker's uniform, etc.

I really do not feel they have any specific info; they are trying to drum up new info, but who would be holding anything back at this point? No one innocent. You can't tell me this whole town has not already wracked their brains and probably even looked sidewise at certain people, probably even called in anonymous tips on them long ago.

Weird, it works for me. If anyone is so inclined, you can see it on youtube under somer thompson killer profile.

cluciano, ITA! It makes me wonder how many tips on the same person were made? It seems to me, or I would do it this way, is back track to that person if this is the case. There has got to be a way to pin them down.

I think LE is basing the points on a profile. Assuming the person is "trustworthy"-in order to take two children, quietly and unseen, they probably would have to appear respectable, seem familiar to the kids even if not actually known by them. Maybe some sort of worker's uniform, etc.

I really do not feel they have any specific info; they are trying to drum up new info, but who would be holding anything back at this point? No one innocent. You can't tell me this whole town has not already wracked their brains and probably even looked sidewise at certain people, probably even called in anonymous tips on them long ago. .
:tyou:

This is a look into the "profile" of the then unknown suspect in Somer Thompson's case. LE basically gives the same points to watch for (although they had one big advantage- they had recovered Somer), and it has a very good interview that really will give you a good idea of what an opportunistic predator is and how they differ from the "ordinary " child molesters.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video?id=8944780

Very informative and interesting-thanks for posting.

I really do not feel they have any specific info; they are trying to drum up new info, but who would be holding anything back at this point? No one innocent. You can't tell me this whole town has not already wracked their brains and probably even looked sidewise at certain people, probably even called in anonymous tips on them long ago.

Think of someone in your life that you know very well and you're sure would never commit a violent crime. Then imagine that there was a violent crime and that LE releases the info that a suspect in the case may have been wearing a John Deere cap. You know the someone in your life has a John Deere cap... but you're still convinced of that person's trustworthiness.

I don't know about you but I know for me, it would be a really difficult decision to turn that person's name in to LE. I also know I'm not alone in that. For instance, Ann Rule made it clear in The Stranger Beside Me that once LE started looking for "Ted" from Lake Sammamish, she found it really difficult to turn his name in.

She did turn his name in but she didn't do it through the tip line. She spoke to a police officer she knew so she could explain how unlikely it was that the Ted Bundy she knew was "Ted."

Ann Rule wasn't the only person who found it difficult to turn in Ted Bundy's name. His girlfriend at the time tried to do it three times anonymously before she finally was able to do it in person. With the benefit of hindsight, his GF's hesitation seems strange because she knew the ways his schedule coincided with the disappearances, she knew he had plaster cast material, etc. At the time, though, it wasn't clear at all. After all, she trusted this guy so much that she was sleeping with him.

I think LE is hoping that if there is someone with doubts out there, that they will share those doubts with the tip email address. I think the email address is ingenious because it is sometimes easier to write something down than it is to say it out loud.

Personally, I don't think the perp currently lives in Evansdale. I think the perp lived there and has moved away but not very far. I could easily be wrong, though.

I just had an idea but I'm not sure how to go about investigating it.

I suddenly remembered that a lot of companies that have fleets of delivery vehicles install GPS in those vehicles, so they can keep track of what drivers are doing. I also know that if there aren't any complaints about a specific driver such as delayed deliveries or bad driving reports, those GPS records are just stored without any human looking at them.

What I would really love is some way of asking companies with any kind of delivery vehicle with GPS to look back over their records for the last 3 to 6 months to see if any of their vehicles ever stopped at the parking lot by Meyer's Lake.

My thought is that the perp may have a regular delivery route and may have used the vehicle to scout out potential locations for abduction. Then on 13 July, the perp came back in their own vehicle.

I'm thinking of companies like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, bakeries, etc, not just mail or UPS or Fedex.

Think of someone in your life that you know very well and you're sure would never commit a violent crime. Then imagine that there was a violent crime and that LE releases the info that a suspect in the case may have been wearing a John Deere cap. You know the someone in your life has a John Deere cap... but you're still convinced of that person's trustworthiness.

I don't know about you but I know for me, it would be a really difficult decision to turn that person's name in to LE. I also know I'm not alone in that. For instance, Ann Rule made it clear in The Stranger Beside Me that once LE started looking for "Ted" from Lake Sammamish, she found it really difficult to turn his name in.

She did turn his name in but she didn't do it through the tip line. She spoke to a police officer she knew so she could explain how unlikely it was that the Ted Bundy she knew was "Ted."

Ann Rule wasn't the only person who found it difficult to turn in Ted Bundy's name. His girlfriend at the time tried to do it three times anonymously before she finally was able to do it in person. With the benefit of hindsight, his GF's hesitation seems strange because she knew the ways his schedule coincided with the disappearances, she knew he had plaster cast material, etc. At the time, though, it wasn't clear at all. After all, she trusted this guy so much that she was sleeping with him.

I think LE is hoping that if there is someone with doubts out there, that they will share those doubts with the tip email address. I think the email address is ingenious because it is sometimes easier to write something down than it is to say it out loud.

Personally, I don't think the perp currently lives in Evansdale. I think the perp lived there and has moved away but not very far. I could easily be wrong, though.
I so agree with you.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-girls-update-6-keys-could-solve-the-case/-/9357080/16505396/-/item/1/-/ngxubk/-/index.html

snipped:: 3. Study the photos of Elizabeth and Lyric. Victims much older than these girls have been coerced and manipulated in a relatively short period of time into changing their names and denying their true identity, even when asked by police officers. The photos are an important part of the message. Please look at the attached poster, which includes the girls’ physical descriptions. Notice that the girls can look different from one photo to the next and remember that a haircut or coloring can dramatically alter a child’s appearance. There are certain facial characteristics of both girls that are distinct and unique, notice them and pay attention to children you see. Look at the freckles and moles on these girls’ faces. Pay attention to their smiles.

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member