IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Thank you... :hug:

I see they have a section for Press Release at Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation.....

Hmm Let See....

Ok,....

TRAVEL INFORMATION FOR 2012 FARM PROGRESS SHOW....
None here either...

And the girls are NOT on the front page of Missing People...

:banghead:

there is a section for dci.. you are in the wrong section

it may not be posted there yet.. when I last looked it wasn't

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48928742
Investigators said officers from local, state and federal agencies are continuing to follow up on a large number of leads, including viewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video from numerous area businesses.

WHAT????? :what:

HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF sur. vids. thank you God!!
where are these sweet girls???

to be honest I am not sure if any of these times are correct... they were all "media isms" if you will....

the new times that were published today were not quoted from LE so people can sleuth them out as fact or take them with a grain of salt... I am personally just sticking with what LE has said verbatim (which isn't much but better than all the confusion lol)

I was excited when it seemed we had some new information re: times. But I agree with you, I think someone just got their "facts" confused. I can't find any official LE or FBI news release or statement that has referenced 12:30 as the time the girls were last seen. Nor have they ever mentioned the bikes being seen at 2:00. So I'll disregard what I thought was new information and stick with the official LE timeline. JMO

I know that everyone's probably spinning their wheels with this case. I haven't been on WS too long but the cases I've followed: Sierra Lamar & Mickey Shunick specifically remind me that just when we are at the point of going over things obsessively, (DWT) and thinking that LE has nothing - BAM, something happens.

I'm hoping that the silence is really setting the stage for big news.

I think of these girls often. So young and innocent and by all means, not deserving of what has transpired.

While I don't know WHO disappeared them, I feel sick that people like this exist. They shouldn't be allowed to share our oxygen.

In any event, thanks to all of you for caring and doing what you do. I can't wait for justice and IMO, it will happen.

"2. We all would like to believe that we couldn’t possibly know someone that is capable of abducting a young girl. The reality is that whoever did this is known by many people. "Whoever did this has neighbors, relatives, co-workers and friends. Whoever did this walks amongst us, and lives amongst us.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html#ixzz25jb7oU00

Pretty specific if you ask me. MOO

Doesn't sound like someone from out-of-state passing through....sounds fairly local. It also sounds like it is someone who comes to E'dale to work or visit from a nearby place (in other parts of the 6 points). I think they know.

"2. We all would like to believe that we couldn’t possibly know someone that is capable of abducting a young girl. The reality is that whoever did this is known by many people. "Whoever did this has neighbors, relatives, co-workers and friends. Whoever did this walks amongst us, and lives amongst us.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html#ixzz25jb7oU00

Pretty specific if you ask me. MOO

Doesn't sound like someone from out-of-state passing through....sounds fairly local. It also sounds like it is someone who comes to E'dale to work or visit from a nearby place (in other parts of the 6 points). I think they know.
I also think a lot of the language is aimed at people to really examine their guts and call in anything and everything. In the Sommer Thompson case, a tip was called in on him after they issued a plea like this (and arrest was made).

(up until that point Sommer's family endured the same sort of stuff that the girls' family is going thru right now. Sierra Lamar's did as well... list goes on)

BBM. It could be going well. There are several cases where LE has not released info to the public and bam come out with an arrest because they are building a case.

No, I for one do not demand a presser... but I do want the girls found and I do want there to be justice for them. If that means silence so be it. That is the best way to build an air tight case.

Certainly we all want to hear from LE... today they released the six points which give a lot more insight into the way the case is leaning. It may not be a "presser" but it is more information than the public had yesterday.

I for one completely disagree that this case is cold or that LE needs to hold a press conference just to feed the public information that could damage a successful prosecution in the future.

:moo::twocents::moo:

After reading today's UPDATE, I feel better about the girls possibly being found. :)

Demanding a presser? Please, NO, not at all. :)
But there are people who APPRECIATE LE or even the family having a spokesperson to keep the missing story in the limelight.

As a matter of fact, before the press release today.......this case seemed cold to others here as well.Others HERE have said daily that the case seemed cold.

Sadly in reality it's been 2 months since the girls were last seen.
THAT is important to note. So important that I wonder why LE didnt release this info 1, 2,3 weeks ago.

Oh and I did not say or hint that important info that would damage a successful trial should be released.

(FWIW this is not my first time following a case. Been following true crime for 20 years. ;) )

Im trying to edit so this doesn't sound snarky. Not doing too well am I? :)

:seeya:
From my notes scribbled from a wcfc article regarding several statements Pahl made about the video footage from his 24-hour security camera positioned behind the Cornbelt Auctions bldg.

Among other comments he made, he indicated that it was July 16 that he reported video sighting to LE. He said the FBI arrived within 20 minutes of learning about the video and "sat up here all Monday until about noon Tuesday watching everything we had."

"I think they marked every single car that went by - I know they downloaded a ton of stuff off of this [footage]."

Btw, regarding cylists caught on video that day he said "They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge. I've watched it [footage]."

:seeya: Thanks for the information fox!

The Des Moines area does seem to have gotten a different press release, at least at this time. Sometimes when LE isn't saying anything at all, they're really saying something-if you know what I mean. They've got to have something and they're looking for some kind of confirmation maybe so they can get a warrant or something (or at least I'm sure hoping).

Missing Iowa girls' abductor likely on video, investigator says

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120906026/0/NEWS/?odyssey=nav|head

Dont you love reading that?
Wish we knew if it was a male or a female?
Or both.

to be honest I am not sure if any of these times are correct... they were all "media isms" if you will....

the new times that were published today were not quoted from LE so people can sleuth them out as fact or take them with a grain of salt... I am personally just sticking with what LE has said verbatim (which isn't much but better than all the confusion lol)

I can see that, lol. As Im still playing catch up Ive read 3 different times.

Gosh, this latest only confirms for me that LE is no closer to finding them. And what ever happened to "we believe they are alive?" Based on what??

I am glad they came forward with what they did, at least, but feel it should have been done many weeks ago.

I really wonder WHY are the press releases so different for different areas, at least for the time being. Why target the Des Moines area with the six points and not W'loo or Cedar Rapids? There's got to be a reason.

I suppose if they believe the girls were taken from E'dale to another location, but still why release that info here in Dsm and not there in W'loo as well?

I really wonder WHY are the press releases so different for different areas, at least for the time being. Why target the Des Moines area with the six points and not W'loo or Cedar Rapids? There's got to be a reason.

I suppose if they believe the girls were taken from E'dale to another location, but still why release that info here in Dsm and not there in W'loo as well?

the press release is not different. The way the media outlet chooses to write about it is different. I believe they are all surfing it off the AP (which is next to most of their bylines)

:twocents:

Gosh, this latest only confirms for me that LE is no closer to finding them. And what ever happened to "we believe they are alive?" Based on what??

I am glad they came forward with what they did, at least, but feel it should have been done many weeks ago.

They did back off that statement recently, I always thought what they were trying to say was until they had forensic evidence to show they were dead, they will work the case as if they are alive.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...ess-sought?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Snipped and bolded by me- From Sept 2, 2012 Dsm Register
“We’re constantly getting new information brought in and some of it’s coming in through leads and some of it’s generated by officers themselves,” Smock said. “As they talk to one person it leads them to someplace else.”
Authorities are backing off a statement made about four weeks ago by an FBI spokeswoman that there was specific information leading them to believe the girls are alive.
“We don’t have any more evidence to point one way or another,” Rick Abben, chief deputy with the Black Hawk County sheriff department said. “We want to believe they’re alive still, but we don’t have information to indicate that or information to indicate they’re not.”

Smock said about 20 investigators from local, state and federal agencies continue to work on the case on a daily basis.

the press release is not different. The way the media outlet chooses to write about it is different. I believe they are all surfing it off the AP (which is next to most of their bylines)

:twocents:

Geez, I would think the six points would be an important part of the statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810