IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the other attempted abduction that I posted in the last thead (in iowa just recently) involved a dog and trying to lure two boys into the van

While the parents reported it as an attempted abduction, I have to wonder if it was just two good Samaritans trying to return a stray dog to its owner.

I think many Iowans are on high alert right now, which means there are bound to be false alarms.

You know what has my knickers in a bunch...?

On THE Sheriff website it self! they have a missing poster that says girls were Last seen at 2:00 pm!!!!

WHY!:banghead:

What if someone saw some thing before that and thinks well that can't be nothing it say someone saw them at 2:00pm on the sheriffs website .

Therefore what I saw at __ time must be wrong.

WHY don't they change that!!!!

http://www.bhcso.org/Default.aspx

Investigators said they believe the person or persons who took the girls used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area. They said the abductor "might have had a legitimate reason to be in the immediate area of Meyers Lake on July 13, due to their job, their residence, or their association with someone in the area, or for recreational use of the trail or lake."

Authorities said it is virtually impossible for someone to have not seen something that would be a valuable clue in the case.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz25i8p6iFW

Thank God they FINALLY said it.
And we now have it confirmed the girls kidnappers used a vehicle.

I feel sick to my stomach thinking about these 2 little girls being afraid. :(

moo

I wonder if LE can check to see who if any are part-time residents? In FL you have snow birds, they leave the south to go up North in the Summer as it is so hot and then come back down when it gets cold up there.

That is a good idea. There are plenty of snowbirds in Iowa. Stay in Iowa from late spring to early fall with the grandkids, go somewhere warm late fall to early spring to avoid the bad weather.

I think it is unlikely to be someone who lives part time in Evansdale, though. I think someone who can afford to be a snowbird would probably live somewhere more upscale than Evansdale... maybe in the Cedar Falls area.

There is one MacMansion near Meyer's Lake and this Iowan looks at it and thinks "never own the most expensive house in the neighbourhood because you'll never get your money out of it again."

Which ties in to a sorta gross joke about Iowans (basically that we're overly thrifty).

What I find so interesting is that KWWL (the tv station out of W'loo) doesn't have a story about this at all...:waitasec:

Authorities leading the search for two missing Iowa cousins believe those involved in the abduction used a vehicle that likely was recorded on surveillance camera.

However, officials say they need more information from the public about what to look for in the hours of surveillance footage they have collected.

Cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, now 9, went missing from the northeastern Iowa town of Evansdale on July 13.

They were last seen by their grandmother riding their bicycles at about 12:15 p.m. Their bikes were found later that afternoon on a recreational trail at nearby Meyers Lake.

(I think the media is just messing up the times.. this is a new article)

another snip

It is almost certain that the person or persons involved in this abduction used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area, and it is believed that surveillance video is likely to have recorded that vehicle,” Charis Paulson, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation wrote in an email to law enforcement officials and state employees.

“Regardless of whether the person(s) responsible for taking Elizabeth and Lyric reside, work, or have acquaintances in the area, or possibly came to the area to commit a crime, it is virtually impossible for any person to live, travel, or exist in a vacuum,” Paulson wrote. “Someone knows something that might be valuable to law enforcement.”

much more at link

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120906026/0/NEWS/?odyssey=nav|head

What I find so interesting is that KWWL (the tv station out of W'loo) doesn't have a story about this at all...:waitasec:

That's very very odd. Wonder why??? I suck at sleuthing... Somebody tell me why they are not reporting such updates in Waterloo please.

and now a local article:

Iowa has set up an email account for tips about two young cousins who disappeared eight weeks ago in Evansdale.

Charis (SHARE'-is) Paulson is the assistant director of the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation. She told The Des Moines Register (( http://dmreg.co/QoV6br) that it's the first time authorities have set up an account for use in a case like this.

She says authorities are doing everything they can to make sure the word is out and to make sure people have an easy way to contact law enforcement.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/state-an...cle_e575420b-e190-556d-bb6b-19c897f52800.html

re the email... they are most likely using that software that prioritizes tips which is great news!!!

Todays information is definitely pointed TO somebody in particular. It's too precise. I do believe we will know in a short while, what happened to these little girls and I also believe that some of us may be surprised as to who is involved.

I've thought that perhaps they were already "gone", but by the release mentioning change of hair color, etc, makes me think maybe they are still alive. I so hope they are.

That's very very odd. Wonder why??? I suck at sleuthing... Somebody tell me why they are not reporting such updates in Waterloo please.

I'm trying to figure out what areas got the six points press release. As far as I can find right now, it's the Des Moines area, but I'm still searching. One thing I know is EVERYTHING LE is doing is completely scripted and planned. The timing of the press releases, the info released and the areas it's released to is all targeted.
Everything they say and do is based on what has gotten them the desired results in past similar cases. I'm gonna do a bit more research, bbl.

Todays information is definitely pointed TO somebody in particular. It's too precise. I do believe we will know in a short while, what happened to these little girls and I also believe that some of us may be surprised as to who is involved.

I've thought that perhaps they were already "gone", but by the release mentioning change of hair color, etc, makes me think maybe they are still alive. I so hope they are.

Oh I agree!! I think LE is all over somebody and they are just looking to seal the deal. Oh crap... I'm gonna burn supper again tonight if I'm not careful!! Dang WS!! Oh how I pray L&E are holding on!!!

DId we have this before.....around 2:30 the bikes were seen?

Trying to ask this in a correct manner.....:blushing:

Did any bike riders on the path that day use a van or truck to transfer their bike? :waitasec:

:moo:

to be honest I am not sure if any of these times are correct... they were all "media isms" if you will....

the new times that were published today were not quoted from LE so people can sleuth them out as fact or take them with a grain of salt... I am personally just sticking with what LE has said verbatim (which isn't much but better than all the confusion lol)

Oh I agree!! I think LE is all over somebody and they are just looking to seal the deal. Oh crap... I'm gonna burn supper again tonight if I'm not careful!! Dang WS!! Oh how I pray L&E are holding on!!!

:lol:

I am going to set my kitchen on fire! (making garlic bread)

I am just so glad that there is something new on the girls today!!! :please::please::please:

OK, not trying to be snarly here so, please don't put me in the naughty chair.

If this is a Press RElease.....

WHY don't they have it on the sheriff department website with the other press releases they have?

Then we could see for Verbatim what the LE really said.

Totally Off Topic

Re the DMV: I was taking the vision test to renew and couldn't see anything but a white blank. No letters, no nothing. I tried to tell the examiner who basically told me I was nuts. I asked her to look herself and again got told, you must be blind.
So I turned to the person behind me in line and asked them to read it. That person also saw nothing but white. It took two other customer's agreeing before the examiner consented to look. Oops. Nothing but white. Did I get even a hint of an apology. Nope.

Way O/T also...but DMV has gone crazy....just sayin'....lost a 'hard copy' of my ID AT the DMV, and even though they can 'see it' in the computer....doesn't 'count'...months before I could produce a 'hard copy'...and sillier yet....IF you have the hard copy...and it's not in the computer...they don't accept it....

Largely due to Homeland Security measures...and States trying to ensure that a Driver's License is valid ID to fly....

'Nuff on that :)

DId we have this before.....around 2:30 the bikes were seen?

Trying to ask this in a correct manner.....:blushing:

Did any bike riders on the path that day use a van or truck to transfer their bike? :waitasec:

:moo:

Supposedly, someone told a family member that they had seen the girls around 2:30, I believe.

OK, not trying to be snarly here so, please don't put me in the naughty chair.

If this is a Press RElease.....

WHY don't they have it on the sheriff department website with the other press releases they have?

Then we could see for Verbatim what the LE really said.
it was released by the iowa department of criminal investigation not the sheriff.

This case, it would seem, is at an entirely different investigative level right now.

it was released by the iowa department of criminal investigation not the sheriff.

This case, it would seem, is at an entirely different investigative level right now.

Thank you, Thank you... :hug:

I see they have a section for Press Release at Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation.....

Hmm Let See....

Ok,....

TRAVEL INFORMATION FOR 2012 FARM PROGRESS SHOW....
None here either...

And the girls are NOT on the front page of Missing People...

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member