IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that they may have an idea of the vehicle but need further corroboration of it and more people to come forward to ID it for sure.

(think Sierra Lamar)

Keeping it vague like that allows for more tips to come in across the board.

Also: it is about time that some results should be back from the lab including tire marks they took from the scene, etc.

They are pretty certain they were taken by vehicle and that the vehicle was caught on tape.

:twocents:

It's really scary around here right now...just yesterday in Marion (connected to Cedar Rapids) a middle school football player was approached by (yet AGAIN) a damn van while he was running from the field back to the school and was told to get in.

Shocking...no plates on the van.

Texts went out to all the parents yesterday about the incident and to let them know LE was notified.

It drives me crazy! How on earth do these "vans" just keep getting away with driving around with no damn plates on them? I mean Marion is just KNOWN for having cops that are SUPER strict...yet we have kids going from football practice being approached in broad daylight WITH OTHER KIDS NOT FAR BEHIND and they still do it!

They are getting pretty gutsy...hopefully they are caught soon!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120906015/0/life02/?odyssey=nav|head

"They were last seen by their grandmother riding their bicycles at about 12:15 that afternoon. Their bicycles were found on a recreational trail at nearby Meyers Lake about four hours later."

So this paper is still reporting 12:15 as the last time they were seen by their grandmother. No mention of a 12:30 sighting.:waitasec:

Maybe it's just semantics - 12:15 is the last time Gma saw them, but not the last time they were seen??

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120906015/0/life02/?odyssey=nav|head

"They were last seen by their grandmother riding their bicycles at about 12:15 that afternoon. Their bicycles were found on a recreational trail at nearby Meyers Lake about four hours later."

So this paper is still reporting 12:15 as the last time they were seen by their grandmother. No mention of a 12:30 sighting.:waitasec:

Maybe it's just semantics - 12:15 is the last time Gma saw them, but not the last time they were seen??

Or a Reporter combined the 11:30 with the 12:15 and came up with

12:30....:banghead:

strange that the local paper (which had the best coverage imhoo during the active part of the search) has nothing up about this other than a tweet

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

Perhaps they're wanting the info to be heard OUTSIDE of the W'loo area, so that they'll receive info they can cross reference. Such as we (LE) know Joe Blow who owns Joe Blow's Creepy White Vans R Us was in the area and now we have someone from Timbuktwo saying hey maybe you should look into Joe Blow. I know he sold his, oh lets just say, he sold his creepiest white van just a couple of weeks ago. Hummm...

Perhaps they're wanting the info to be heard OUTSIDE of the W'loo area, so that they'll receive info they can cross reference. Such as we (LE) know Joe Blow who works for Joe Blow's company was in the area and now we have someone from Timbuktwo saying hey maybe you should look into Joe Blow. I know he sold his, oh lets just say, he sold his white van just a couple of weeks ago. Hummm...

Or maybe they want Joe Blow from Timbuktu to see this and start shaking in his boots and do something stupid and give himself away.

Did I miss something....

Who found the bikes at 2:00pm??? :waitasec:

I personally think that they may have an idea of the vehicle but need further corroboration of it and more people to come forward to ID it for sure.

(think Sierra Lamar)

Keeping it vague like that allows for more tips to come in across the board.

Also: it is about time that some results should be back from the lab including tire marks they took from the scene, etc.

They are pretty certain they were taken by vehicle and that the vehicle was caught on tape.

:twocents:

Like maybe a VAN of some color....?

Did I miss something....

To my knowledge this didn't happen, we have the approx. 12:20 sighting of two bikes by TG, and then shortly before 4:00 the firefighter located the girls bikes. I've seen the time reported as 3:48, but have no way of knowing if that is accurate. JMO

Perhaps they're wanting the info to be heard OUTSIDE of the W'loo area, so that they'll receive info they can cross reference. Such as we (LE) know Joe Blow who owns Joe Blow's Creepy White Vans R Us was in the area and now we have someone from Timbuktwo saying hey maybe you should look into Joe Blow. I know he sold his, oh lets just say, he sold his creepiest white van just a couple of weeks ago. Hummm...

I am sure they do.. but still surprised they are not all over it.

is the DCI perhaps out of Des Moines??? That is where all the news seemed to initiate from

actually just looked.. yup the DCI HQ is out of Des Moines

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/DCI/DCIContacts.shtml

Sorry if this has already been posted..from today..

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/09/06/20174711.html
SUDBURY, ONT. - An Alabama man is awaiting sentencing after he pretended to be singer Justin Bieber and promised backstage passes to a 13-year-old local girl if she exposed herself to him on a webcam.

The city's police force became involved in the investigation in November. It worked with the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Christopher Patrick Gunn, 32, of Montgomery, Ala., was accused of using various Internet chat rooms and social media to threaten hundreds of girls ages 9 to 16

Given that LE has released so very little information or evidence in this case, I wonder why they released that blurry video of the girls on their bikes? It's not like anyone would recognize the girls or the bikes from that video. I've wondered if we could have seen a few more seconds of tape, would there be something else, like a vehicle, shown on the tape, that LE doesn't want made public. But the tape would be a message to the abductor, that they were seen, and might spook them into selling or painting the vehicle.

Given that LE has released so very little information or evidence in this case, I wonder why they released that blurry video of the girls on their bikes? It's not like anyone would recognize the girls or the bikes from that video. I've wondered if we could have seen a few more seconds of tape, would there be something else, like a vehicle, shown on the tape, that LE doesn't want made public. But the tape would be a message to the abductor, that they were seen, and might spook them into selling or painting the vehicle.

:goodpost:

Oh my, I think my original point was lost... I wasn't joking really, I was just making an example. I read a post that said that training was everything but if it wasn't for instincts, learned behavoirs & the experience of them, there wouldn't be training in the first place to teach or document nor learn from. nvm

Thank you for saying this.

Did I miss something....

I Know...what a bombshell! I'm jumping back and forth between KKCI's 11:05 am update ("Missing girls update: 6 keys could solve the case") where I don't think it mentions that "At around 2 pm, their bikes were found near a gate on the trail that goes around Meyers Lake" nor the language about "it is believed that surveillance video is likely to have recorded that vehicle"...

My head is spinning trying to compare who said what, when!

Is there some way we can get a copy of the ACTUAL RELEASE LE provided to media??? Would it be on a LE website?

this is true!
But....
dont u think if they were going slower we might see more of them in the frame or for a longer time.

LOL I dont know
Just guessing here also!

where is einstein LOL!!!!!

Surely the cctv clip has been analyzed by LE and the FBI. :waitasec:

They girls have been missing for almost 2 months. :please:
Wonder why IF there were any vehicles seen on the video , why LE hasnt
released those like they did when Mickey Shunick disappeared?
imo

I was playing catch up in order of the post and I am elated that LE released updates today!@!!
Sorry if my post seems weird. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member