IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GRACE: So what is she saying?

COOK-MORRISSEY: I just started -- I just started the job at Casey`s, so the last five days, Lyric and Elizabeth have been playing at Heather`s every day, taking bike rides, so as far as a pattern, yes, could somebody have been watching them there, and seeing that they play together, that hang out together, this last week. Yes, that could have happened

This says to me it was just the week that Lyric was at Elizabeths and it has to be someone that could have seen them and saw what they did every day!

Thanks to you and to Foxbluff(in the last thread)for confirming this. I knew I'd read it somewhere, but couldn't recall where.

Makes me wonder just who all knew that she was starting a new job?

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me

And this day, they just didn`t come back.

IMO...I've actually believed Grandma's accounts (pretty much about EVERYTHING) all along. I think she has appeared genuine and her accounts and comments of events have seemed typical of a Grandma that "babysits" or helps raise her grandchildren.<modsnip>

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...case/-/9357080/16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html

Authorities have setup a new email address and released six key points to help get new leads in the case of two missing Iowa girls from Evansdale.

ETA:
There is 2 pages.. don't forget to click on the second page of the story :)

thank you peeps! and a snip

Investigators said they believe the person or persons who took the girls used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area. They said the abductor "might have had a legitimate reason to be in the immediate area of Meyers Lake on July 13, due to their job, their residence, or their association with someone in the area, or for recreational use of the trail or lake."

Authorities said it is virtually impossible for someone to have not seen something that would be a valuable clue in the case.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html#ixzz25i8p6iFW

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...case/-/9357080/16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html

Authorities have setup a new email address and released six key points to help get new leads in the case of two missing Iowa girls from Evansdale.

ETA:

"Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook disappeared on July 13 and haven't been seen since. Authorities said the girls were abducted. They were last seen on their bikes at 12:30 p.m."

BBM

Huh??? Where is this time coming from?

abbreviated 6 keys: (all snipped from above)

1)
A small or seemingly unimportant bit of information could be critical to finding Elizabeth and Lyric.

2)
whoever did this is known by many people. Whoever did this has neighbors, relatives, co-workers and friends. Whoever did this walks amongst us, and lives amongst us.

3)
Study the photos of Elizabeth and Lyric. Victims much older than these girls have been coerced and manipulated in a relatively short period of time into changing their names and denying their true identity, even when asked by police officers.

4)
Perhaps you know someone who was talking about planning on being in the Evansdale area on the 13th of July. Perhaps they were planning to visit someone, go camping, fishing, boating, or visit for business. Perhaps the next time you spoke with them they explained that something interfered with that plan

5)
Pay attention to your surroundings and report what is unusual.

6)
Perhaps you know someone that has raised your suspicion for some reason that you can&#8217;t quite explain. Don&#8217;t ignore your natural instincts &#8211; they can be very valuable. If you know someone that has had a an abrupt, significant, and unexplained change of behavior, or suddenly decided to get rid of a vehicle, a boat, or some other property under circumstances that seem unusual, take the time to let us know.

---------

the full six can be found above... these are snips to post the main idea of it.

sounds like a stranger from out of the area to me :moo:

"Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook disappeared on July 13 and haven't been seen since. Authorities said the girls were abducted. They were last seen on their bikes at 12:30 p.m."

BBM

good question... it was in the main body (re: media portion) so maybe an email to the reporter is in order

BBM

Maybe another video of them, not released to public?

Maybe another video of them, not released to public?

ita

and then there is this!:

On Friday, July 13, 2012, Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook went for a bike ride in Evansdale. The girls were seen riding their bikes at 12:30 p.m. that day. At around 2 p.m., their bikes were found near a gate on the trail that goes around Meyers Lake. The cousins have not been seen since.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/DCI-Accepting-Tips-on-Missing-Cousins-Through-Email--168776586.html

this says it was recently updated:waitasec:

I think the earlier statements, interviews, information within the first few days of the disappearance are more reliable because they were fresh accounts of what occured and what the family believed to have happened and why. They were spoken and presented with fresh memories and accounts and were not altered or morphed into a timeline, collaboration with others, witness statements, media interpretation, or memory lapses, etc.

In my opinion, you can learn a lot from these EARLY interviews!

bbm
Thanks,
I have learned to do just that. So glad you said it, I do it without even thinking. Especially when I come into a case that already has its feet on the ground.I look at the dates as well, published/posted and updated. When trying to go back and look at timelines.

I've e-mailed and asked for clarification. It will be interesting to see what they have to say (if anything).

The impact of this new time the girls were last seen is enormous, IMO. This means the girls were seen after TG's sighting of the bikes on the trail. So those bikes could have belonged to Lyric and Elizabeth, who retrieved their bikes after TG rode by and continued on their way. JMO.

It is so good to have something to add to this puzzle.

ETA: If the bikes were there at approx. 12:20 and the girls were seen around 12:30, where could they have been during that approx. 10 minute time frame? A convenience store, a friend's house??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

In this video they show it many times and it seems she is carrying or holding something black u can see it on the last bike.

And it does seem like they are riding like the wind!

Thank you so much for posting this! FINALLY the 12:11 timestamp I remember seeing, about 1:29 in this video.

I see what you're talking about where it looks like both people are carrying or holding something, particularly the person on the second bike. I so hope the FBI/LE has clearer pictures than this.

Thank goodness they finally gave some kind of update! The list they gave is almost the exact same one they released for Somer Thompson's case. :( This release speaks volumes!!! Stranger abduction. MOO as always.

Thank goodness they finally gave some kind of update! The list they gave is almost the exact same one they released for Somer Thompson's case. :( This release speaks volumes!!! Stranger abduction. MOO as always.

yup, yup, and yup :eek:

Hmmmm. I'm gonna go through this new article with the 6 keys with a "fine tooth comb" and I'll be back to discuss. I am so glad we finally have an update. There seems to still be some question about a boat.. Even mentioned in the 6 keys. I never joined the bandwagon of thoughts that the girls were involved in any sort of boat.. Boat ride.. Lured by a boater.. I just couldn't see that happening. Well, I'm gonna have to rethink that I guess. Lots to ponder!!!

ETA:

Great find, peeples! Thanks

I am thinking that the girls were abducted not long after they are seen in the video, and that is possibly why there are no reports of seeing anything. idk jmo

Can anyone provide a quick rundown of Somer's case?? I remember the name.. but that is about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl