IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waiting:

I don't know about you guys...but I think we need to revisit whether it's a pedal boat or paddle boat.

:bigfight: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

:waiting:

I don't know about you guys...but I think we need to revisit whether it's a pedal boat or paddle boat.

:bigfight: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I was worried it was gonna come to this!! LOL

I'm with you there. In motion I can see it's two bikes, one smaller and one larger going by but it's by no means easy to see. It reminds me of someone showing me an ultrasound of their baby saying "awww look here's his/her cute little foot!" and I'm thinking "which part of the grey part do you mean?"

LE does say it's the girls, so I have to think clearer pictures exist but just haven't been released for some reason.

Going back to the shadow question I think it might be related to the spot each girl was shown going around the corner. It does seem strange that one shadow would be so much longer than the other, though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

In this video they show it many times and it seems she is carrying or holding something black u can see it on the last bike.

And it does seem like they are riding like the wind!

GRACE: So what is she saying?

COOK-MORRISSEY: I just started -- I just started the job at Casey`s, so the last five days, Lyric and Elizabeth have been playing at Heather`s every day, taking bike rides, so as far as a pattern, yes, could somebody have been watching them there, and seeing that they play together, that hang out together, this last week. Yes, that could have happened

This says to me it was just the week that Lyric was at Elizabeths and it has to be someone that could have seen them and saw what they did every day!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

In this video they show it many times and it seems she is carrying or holding something black u can see it on the last bike.

And it does seem like they are riding like the wind!

Actually....

I think they look like they are going really fast because of the "Frame Rate" of the video...

What I mean is:

If still photography can be defined as capturing a moment in time, motion photography can be defined as capturing an extended moment of time. For example, with video, we can capture 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days of time. This is an important concept in security/surveillance camera technology; but what really comprises a video? A video is just a collection of still pictures, taken at a given rate. If the pictures are taken in rapid succession, they give us the impression of fluid motion.
In film based video, the standard number of pictures taken to cover 1 second of time is 24. Old black and white silent films and amateur 8mm film “home movies” usually took 16 or 18 pictures per second. Digital video, such as computer video, digital animation, or DVD movies take approximately 30 frames per second. At these rates, the human eye and brain are fooled into thinking that we are seeing continuous motion, and not individual pictures. The number of pictures that are taken per a given unit of time is called the frame rate. When we consider how many pictures are taken or displayed in exactly one-second of time, it is called frames per second (fps).

Frames per second are important for security/surveillance applications for two reasons. The lower the frame rate captured the less fluid, and therefore the less realistic, the motion. On the other hand, the greater the frame rate, the greater the performance of the camera, digital processor, storage medium, and other components must be to handle the “workload” to store the pictures. For example, if a still picture takes up 1 unit of storage, and we take one picture every 5 minutes, in essence the frame rate will be 12 frames per hour. If we took motion video for 1 hour, at 30 fps, we would actually be storing 108,000 pictures for 1 hour of video.

Therefore, there are “trade offs” that can be made. Reduce the frames per second and fewer pictures are taken, lower performance equipment and storage mediums can be used, but the motion becomes jerky and “odd” looking or there may be no motion at all. Increase the frames per second, and the motion looks very realistic and fluid, but more pictures are taken an higher performance equipment is needed to process it.

I think.... :waitasec:

Bike 2 ------ Not sure which girl this is.

View attachment 26512

View attachment 26513

View attachment 26514

View attachment 26515

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-iowa-girls-lyric-cook-elizabeth-collins-riding-16851063

Me personally I think the FBI smudged their images,

WHY?

Not sure..... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think the second rider is Lyric only because she is the larger or taller of the two!

I do not think the video was altered at all these videos are never very clear unless they are up close!

http://omaha.com/article/20120715/NEWS/120719788

'Cook-Morrissey said her daughter might have tried to swim at the lake, despite a swimming ban. She said the family swims at another nearby lake regularly, and described Lyric as a good swimmer.

Elizabeth's mother, Heather Collins, said it's rare for her daughter to venture too far from home, but she may have been persuaded by her older cousin.

"We've talked about that before," Collins said. "We've told them they're too young to go far."

BBM

I hadn't seen this before last night. The story appears in different variations with this part usually omitted. I don't know if it is at all useful..just thought I'd post it. It may shed some light on the frame of mind of the girls.

Actually....

I think they look like they are going really fast because of the "Frame Rate" of the video...

What I mean is:

If still photography can be defined as capturing a moment in time, motion photography can be defined as capturing an extended moment of time. For example, with video, we can capture 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days of time. This is an important concept in security/surveillance camera technology; but what really comprises a video? A video is just a collection of still pictures, taken at a given rate. If the pictures are taken in rapid succession, they give us the impression of fluid motion.
In film based video, the standard number of pictures taken to cover 1 second of time is 24. Old black and white silent films and amateur 8mm film “home movies” usually took 16 or 18 pictures per second. Digital video, such as computer video, digital animation, or DVD movies take approximately 30 frames per second. At these rates, the human eye and brain are fooled into thinking that we are seeing continuous motion, and not individual pictures. The number of pictures that are taken per a given unit of time is called the frame rate. When we consider how many pictures are taken or displayed in exactly one-second of time, it is called frames per second (fps).

Frames per second are important for security/surveillance applications for two reasons. The lower the frame rate captured the less fluid, and therefore the less realistic, the motion. On the other hand, the greater the frame rate, the greater the performance of the camera, digital processor, storage medium, and other components must be to handle the “workload” to store the pictures. For example, if a still picture takes up 1 unit of storage, and we take one picture every 5 minutes, in essence the frame rate will be 12 frames per hour. If we took motion video for 1 hour, at 30 fps, we would actually be storing 108,000 pictures for 1 hour of video.

Therefore, there are “trade offs” that can be made. Reduce the frames per second and fewer pictures are taken, lower performance equipment and storage mediums can be used, but the motion becomes jerky and “odd” looking or there may be no motion at all. Increase the frames per second, and the motion looks very realistic and fluid, but more pictures are taken an higher performance equipment is needed to process it.

I think.... :waitasec:

this is true!
But....
dont u think if they were going slower we might see more of them in the frame or for a longer time.

LOL I dont know
Just guessing here also!

where is einstein LOL!!!!!

this is true!
But....
dont u think if they were going slower we might see more of them in the frame or for a longer time.

LOL I dont know
Just guessing here also!

where is Einstein LOL!!!!!

:hug:

Yeah... you could be right... I have profound dyslexia so I could have it all backward...:lol:

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away

Nancy Grace Transcripts
Aired July 17, 2012 - 20:00 ET

So they were last seen when?

Weirdest thing is I had a dream last night that they were snatched right behind the bar there....

by a man about 200lbs with steely blue eyes, glasses and a really bad comb-over... :eek:

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away

Nancy Grace Transcripts
Aired July 17, 2012 - 20:00 ET

So they were last seen when?

This is a mistake by NG's people...it is GMA speaking. So....what happened to the story about her last seeing them at 12:15? That came about later.

This is just one example of where the story changes by numerous people in relation to the pesky camera footage which was released "after" this interview and after other statements by non-family members were made publicly.

ETA: I'm not suggesting that any of the people are suspect, but I am indicating that the changing information has made it difficult to figure out when and where the girls were when they were abducted. Especially, the 8 minute problem. People have changed their stories to match the video timing, which in itself may be wrong. MOO

Weirdest thing is I had a dream last night that they were snatched right behind the bar there....

by a man about 200lbs with steely blue eyes, glasses and a really bad comb-over... :eek:

I think they were taken right there where the bikes were found!
I dont believe anyone placed the bikes there after and staged it.
Availibity and opportunity is all thats needed to take a child or children.

With these lakes most ppl are out early mornings walking, joggin, walking their dogs fishing and as it gets to be afternoon because of the heat there are less ppl there.....ppl go to work etc this lake wasnt a lake for swimming.

I think it was just an opportune time forsomeone to take 2 children!

This is a mistake by NG's people...it is GMA speaking. So....what happened to the story about her last seeing them at 12:15? That came about later.

This is just one example of where the story changes by numerous people in relation to the pesky camera footage which was released "after" this interview and after other statements by non-family members were made publicly.

yes but its the same ppl changing the times.

I dont know it all is very confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member