IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GRACE: Now, Ms. Cook-Morrissey, you work not too far away. Where do you work?

COOK-MORRISSEY: I work at K.C.`s (ph). It`s a gas station/general store, which is just a couple of miles up the road from where my sister lives.

Im catching up here!
So Mom was close!
I wonder if the girls would have tried to ride there on their bikes?

Like hey lets go see my mom!

this is where im reading all this!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

COOK-MORRISSEY: I left for work at 8:30 AM. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she would text me and let me know when I got off of work where she would be, either at Heather`s in Evansdale or back at our mother`s home in Waterloo.

Ok she has a phone but left it at grannys!
elizabeth had one that wasnt a working phone and had it with her!

JESSE GAVIN, KCNZ (via telephone): Well, there hasn`t been any word on that from authorities. And Nancy, actually, that -- they mentioned earlier in your show there is a big hole in one of the fences near the lake. That is from where a few years ago, somebody had crashed off of the interstate and into the lake and they never got around to repairing that gate. That may have been how some people have gotten down closer to the lake.

If the girls walked thru that hole in the fence dont you think the dogs would have followed their scent! Even followed to the unlocked gate?

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away

Nancy Grace Transcripts
Aired July 17, 2012 - 20:00 ET

So they were last seen when?

I think that transcript is wrong..."Cook-Morrisey" is Misty, and those aren't her words. Those words are Grandma's (Wylma). Misty was at work during this time and Misty doesn't have a 12 yo grandson.

JESSE GAVIN, KCNZ (via telephone): Well, there hasn`t been any word on that from authorities. And Nancy, actually, that -- they mentioned earlier in your show there is a big hole in one of the fences near the lake. That is from where a few years ago, somebody had crashed off of the interstate and into the lake and they never got around to repairing that gate. That may have been how some people have gotten down closer to the lake.

If the girls walked thru that hole in the fence dont you think the dogs would have followed their scent! Even followed to the unlocked gate?

the fbi would never comment on what the dogs did or did not do specifically.

So, what family members have said must be taken with a grain of salt... they may not have been told all the details.

At this point what is part of the investigation that LE does not want us to know must be for very good reasons. :moo:

This is a mistake by NG's people...it is GMA speaking. So....what happened to the story about her last seeing them at 12:15? That came about later.

This is just one example of where the story changes by numerous people in relation to the pesky camera footage which was released "after" this interview and after other statements by non-family members were made publicly.

ETA: I'm not suggesting that any of the people are suspect, but I am indicating that the changing information has made it difficult to figure out when and where the girls were when they were abducted. Especially, the 8 minute problem. People have changed their stories to match the video timing, which in itself may be wrong. MOO

I think the earlier statements, interviews, information within the first few days of the disappearance are more reliable because they were fresh accounts of what occured and what the family believed to have happened and why. They were spoken and presented with fresh memories and accounts and were not altered or morphed into a timeline, collaboration with others, witness statements, media interpretation, or memory lapses, etc.

In my opinion, you can learn a lot from these EARLY interviews!

<brought over from the last thread>

I had no idea the prosecutors and investigators used instinct, intuition and feelings to solve crimes in any of the British Commonwealth countries. It sounds like the law that is practiced in Australia no longer has anything in common with its origins.

I am not aware of there being any criminal investigators posting on this thread. I'd like to hear more about the use of intuition, instinct and feelings as an investigative tool in criminal offences after these investigators have been verified.

Aren't all search warrants based on existing evidence that points to the strong probability that more evidence will be discovered in specific locations? Don't prosecutors present arguments to obtain search warrants?

I'm not an investigator, but I have a son who is and according to him, they do use instinct and gut feelings in investigations but it is also coupled with training and experience. That training and experience is what supports their instincts most of the time.

As far as SW's, it depends on what the situation is. Every case is different, and every judge and prosecutor is different, as well as LE. If they all have a good working relationship, then it would not be impossible to get a SW based on nothing beyond LE's strong belief that they will find something.

I think the earlier statements, interviews, information within the first few days of the disappearance are more reliable. They were spoken and presented with fresh memories and accounts and were not altered or morphed into a timeline, collaboration with others, witness statements, media interpretation, or memory lapsesetc.

In my opinion, you can learn a lot from these EARLY interviews!

I have to agee!

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me

And this day, they just didn`t come back.

the fbi would never comment on what the dogs did or did not do specifically.

So, what family members have said must be taken with a grain of salt... they may not have been told all the details.

At this point what is part of the investigation that LE does not want us to know must be for very good reasons. :moo:

Oh i agree with that but i think The FBI and LE know if those kids went thru that hole in the fence or out the gate!

this was interesting also!
<modsnip>

LESLIE SEPPINNI, PSY.D., CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, it`s quite possible that they knew the person and they felt comfortable with the person and the person may have said, hey, I can take you on a bike path and we can have a lot of good times.

Oh i agree with that but i think The FBI and LE know if those kids went thru that hole in the fence or out the gate!

I am sure they do too.. and I am also pretty sure they are not going to tell the public.:twocents:

WOW! I have to start getting up early more often, this is where the good stuff happens!

I have been reading this mornings wisdom thank you for all the
Good things to think about when I stand in line at the D.M.V.
Why they cannot lighten up there I do not know.
It is not like we are in jail or something I always feel like a second class citizen there.

Thank you and Good Morning to all of you great people who have the heart to care about these little souls!
I pray that there will be a break in the case today!!!!

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me

And this day, they just didn`t come back.

BBM

If Misty left for work at 8:30 and WC and Lyric ate breakfast after they got to the Collins home, they may not have usually eaten lunch until later in the afternoon. But, the 'juice left on the counter' still drives me nuts.

WOW! I have to start getting up early more often, this is where the good stuff happens!

I have been reading this mornings wisdom thank you for all the
Good things to think about when I stand in line at the D.M.V.
Why they cannot lighten up there I do not know.
It is not like we are in jail or something I always feel like a second class citizen there.

Thank you and Good Morning to all of you great people who have the heart to care about these little souls!
I pray that there will be a break in the case today!!!!

Totally Off Topic

Re the DMV: I was taking the vision test to renew and couldn't see anything but a white blank. No letters, no nothing. I tried to tell the examiner who basically told me I was nuts. I asked her to look herself and again got told, you must be blind.
So I turned to the person behind me in line and asked them to read it. That person also saw nothing but white. It took two other customer's agreeing before the examiner consented to look. Oops. Nothing but white. Did I get even a hint of an apology. Nope.

BBM

If Misty left for work at 8:30 and WC and Lyric ate breakfast after they got to the Collins home, they may not have usually eaten lunch until later in the afternoon. But, the 'juice left on the counter' still drives me nuts.

The juice on the counter sounds weird to me, but I think I've come up with a reason for it. Lyric and Elizabeth know they have a somewhat limited amount of time to ride their bikes - Grandma needs them at home by a certain time. In order to maximize the amount of time they have to ride, they pour themselves glasses of juice and leave them on the counter. Then, when they get thirsty they can make a "pit stop" and be back on their bikes quickly.

I don't know if this happened, obviously, but it sounds like the kind of goofy thing my sister and I might have done.

JMO

The juice on the counter sounds weird to me, but I think I've come up with a reason for it. Lyric and Elizabeth know they have a somewhat limited amount of time to ride their bikes - Grandma needs them at home by a certain time. In order to maximize the amount of time they have to ride, they pour themselves glasses of juice and leave them on the counter. Then, when they get thirsty they can make a "pit stop" and be back on their bikes quickly.

I don't know if this happened, obviously, but it sounds like the kind of goofy thing my sister and I might have done.

JMO

my tween leaves glasses of crystal lite and half consumed cans of diet coke lying all over the house all the time. I don't see the juice on the counter as anything other than they poured a drink, didn't finish it and put it down for later.

of course this is my opinion only

JMO

HEY! :lol: ... I still do that with my glass of ice tea when I am out in the garden...:giggle:

my tween leaves glasses of crystal lite and half consumed cans of diet coke lying all over the house all the time. I don't see the juice on the counter as anything other than they poured a drink, didn't finish it and put it down for later.

of course this is my opinion only

Very good point, and probably much more likely than my scenario!

Very good point, and probably much more likely than my scenario!

at this point any scenario is likely.. I just live with a tween and know what they do! (I spend the better part of every morning picking up glasses and cans and bowls with goldfish half eaten... I even found a power bar wrapper in the shower this morning :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl