IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, I have never been able to make out anything on this video. I see two dark blurs on what I assume are bicycles.

Is it possible for a video to be of such poor quality that even the best technology cannot improve it?

The FBI must have the capability to do something to enhance this video. Or maybe they have, and have chosen not to release it to the public.

Yes, it is possible for a video to be so poor quality that it cannot be enhanced.

I wonder if they caught the girls several times on the video and some of the earlier images were closer; perhaps as they were playing, the girls rode up into the back parking area behind Cornbelt Auctions.

Or maybe they combined witness testimony with the video to arrive at an identification.

Or maybe they did enhance the video but chose not to release the enhanced version for some reason.

Who knows? I sure don't. I'm convinced that it is the girls, though.

A suggestion.
Write a letter to whatever company is doing the calls. Tell them as of receipt of the letter not to contact you again about whoever it is they are looking for. Send the letter return receipt required. That means they will have to sign for it. Then, if the company contacts you again, you can press charges for harrassment. I've done this several times because I have relatives that do not pay their bills and, without my permission, use me as a personal reference.

Sorry OT..

Would love to, but they've given me bogus names for the company in cities that don't even exist... :( Call is from diff number each time, or unknown... :sheesh:
They're hard core. They told me if I would give them MY name, they'd stop calling. i refuse. :banghead:
Thanks though :) I reported one once to attorney gen and got settlement of over $300.00 for months of harassing calls for some stranger. :Banane27:

<brought over from the last thread>

I had no idea the prosecutors and investigators used instinct, intuition and feelings to solve crimes in any of the British Commonwealth countries. It sounds like the law that is practiced in Australia no longer has anything in common with its origins.

I am not aware of there being any criminal investigators posting on this thread. I'd like to hear more about the use of intuition, instinct and feelings as an investigative tool in criminal offences after these investigators have been verified.

Aren't all search warrants based on existing evidence that points to the strong probability that more evidence will be discovered in specific locations? Don't prosecutors present arguments to obtain search warrants?

I don't know how criminal investigators work because I have never been one.

However, I have often been told I must have some sort of instinct or inborn knack with dogs. And I know that is absolutely not true. I did not grow up with dogs, although I wanted one badly. When I left home, I started buying dog training books to get ready for a dog of my own.

Tangential observation: And that dog found me. I've since discovered that if there is anything supernatural about dogs, it is that the instant I decide "yes, it's time to get another dog" I am suddenly deluged with dogs. I've owned 14, including 4 AKC champions, and only paid for the first one. The rest were gifts.

Anyway, I never stopped reading books, going to seminars and looking everywhere I went for people who would be willing to teach me about dogs. At one point, I drove over 1000 miles each way every other month to stay with a particular instructor who was incredibly gifted. I'd take all her classes for a week and do lessons with her every day for a week.

Nothing, absolutely nothing I do with dogs is due to instinct or knack. It is all learned. I get frustrated when students try to weasel out of trying by saying "well, it's easy for you, you have such an instinct for dogs." Oh no I don't! I learned it and so can they (and they do).

It's like telling someone who has done close to 30 years of full immersion in a second language that they speak the second language so well, they must have an instinct for language. Not necessarily so, any normal human being can learn to speak another language if they spend 30 years fully immersed in it. No woo-woo explanations needed.

Sure, after 30 years, I can figure out the most common problems with dogs in a few questions. Part of what 30 years has taught me is the difference between what is common in dogs and what is unusual.

I like to think that the reason investigators go through extensive training and the police equivalent of apprenticeship is because they are learning the skills necessary to investigative work.

Unless orthodontia has changed radically since I needed it, Elizabeth was very, very young to have braces. When I needed it, orthodontists didn't like to start braces until the child had all adult teeth unless the kid had some sort of really major bite issues.

Part of it is that the child has to be old enough to maintain good mouth hygiene. Another factor is that the braces are uncomfortable, particularly when first put on or when adjusted, so the child has to be old enough to mentally deal with the periodic discomfort without losing the ability to function appropriately in school, etc.

Some of this may have changed recently but still, I'd be surprised if she had braces just based on her age.

Never mind

My mind continues to be boggled that LE does not address the public at all about these girls. It's been how long since they spoke out? Or did I miss a PC?

How did we learn to teach this great information to train dogs, train the police, train anyone in the first place? Kind of like the chicken and the egg theory perhaps? I'm glad it's recorded & proven a fact for teaching over the years. We all have a lil' something that can maybe we can learn from. I learn a lot daily. jmo

Yall are WAAY too funny witha all of the braces topic!!!:floorlaugh:

Do you know if Elizabeth had her glasses that day?:banghead:

DAISYNAE

------->>>>>>Please remove my quoted post, it's been deleted<<<<<<<<-------

My mind continues to be boggled that LE does not address the public at all about these girls. It's been how long since they spoke out? Or did I miss a PC?

No you have not missed anything!
It has been way toooo quiet.
I guess they are waiting for a big break or they are folling the suspect they have in mind very close!!!

I wish we did have an update I cannot believe there is not one of the HLN shows sticking to this story.
I keep writing them. Just because no one is talking right now does not mean anything Look at Haliegh Commings and that messed up family.

They did shows on that case with just lawyers and experts.
I do not understand why everyone has stopped with this case?:banghead:

How did we learn to teach this great information to train dogs, train the police, train anyone in the first place? Kind of like the chicken and the egg theory perhaps? I'm glad it's recorded & proven a fact for teaching over the years. We all have a lil' something that can maybe we can learn from. I learn a lot daily. jmo

Experience.

View attachment 26477

I hadn't realized Elizabeth had Glasses...

What Beautiful girl

WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!

Thanks for posting theses photos. I saw the above photo a few weeks ago, but didn't make a note of where it was posted. One of my first thoughts in seeing the photo is that the strap on EC's shoulder is the strap to her purple purse/bag. Yet sadly, even if it is, noticing that doesn't bring the girls home.....

Thanks for posting theses photos. I saw the above photo a few weeks ago, but didn't make a note of where it was posted. One of my first thoughts in seeing the photo is that the strap on EC's shoulder is the strap to her purple purse/bag. Yet sadly, even if it is, noticing that doesn't bring the girls home.....

Thanks for this I wish we knew......

I'm not very good at picking up on jokes, so if you were joking, I apologise for taking what you said the wrong way.

Animal training in general has thousands of years of human experimentation via trial and error behind it. The oldest known horse manual was written by a guy named Kikkuli for the Hittites around 1400 BCE (he came from the Mitanni, which was roughly where Syria is today). He was writing out a program for conditioning horses to be used to draw war chariots and, using his program, could take a horse in ordinary condition and have it fit for battle in 214 days.

What is amazing about Kikkuli's work is that it contained all kinds of concepts that are used today in training horses for speed and endurance. He was clearly no theorising blowhard, he really knew what he was doing. I doubt he figured it all out himself; he no doubt had teachers of his own.

Dog training probably goes back just as far but for some reason, not much was written about it. The main evidence is art that shows dogs performing many different roles from herding to war dogs to what are clearly pets.
Pliny the Elder wrote about war dogs he observed sometime around 50 CE but didn't write about how they were trained.

There was an Elizabethan, whose name I will no doubt remember after I hit send, who wrote about drover's dogs but again, he was merely observing the dogs at work rather than describing how they were trained.

The first dogs used to guide the blind were trained in France in the late 1700s.

Anyway, argh, it's late and I let my passions for history and animal training get away from me. The short answer is that animal training is not instinctive, so far as I can see, it is a matter of thousands of years of humans trying it, figuring out what works and what does not work.

I think the same is probably true for investigative work (which does have a lot more literature behind it).

Never mind

You were absolutely correct.
I worked as an assistant for an orthodontist and
there is no right age for braces.
My boss worked on a case by case basis.
If a child had their permanent teeth and needed
braces to correct placement, they got braces....
from age 8 and up.

[ b]My mind continues to be boggled that LE does not address the public at all about these girls. [/b]It's been how long since they spoke out? Or did I miss a PC?

B b m
I find LE's silence troublesome. :moo:

:rocker:

Oh my, I think my original point was lost... I wasn't joking really, I was just making an example. I read a post that said that training was everything but if it wasn't for instincts, learned behavoirs & the experience of them, there wouldn't be training in the first place to teach or document nor learn from. nvm

Sorry...but I'm not seeing much of anything that resembles anything in these pictures! If I wasn't told that the top picture was someone riding a bike, I wouldn't know it! The bottom picture is a dark "blob". Are these seriously the pictures that LE has identified as the girls? Please tell me clearer pictures exist!

I'm with you there. In motion I can see it's two bikes, one smaller and one larger going by but it's by no means easy to see. It reminds me of someone showing me an ultrasound of their baby saying "awww look here's his/her cute little foot!" and I'm thinking "which part of the grey part do you mean?"

LE does say it's the girls, so I have to think clearer pictures exist but just haven't been released for some reason.

Going back to the shadow question I think it might be related to the spot each girl was shown going around the corner. It does seem strange that one shadow would be so much longer than the other, though.

In the fuzzy video are the girls heading towards the drinking establishment? If so, wouldn't it be a place that would have cameras mounted to film their property in case of fights, etc? I suspect there were other cameras filming that day.

On the topic of changing the time of home clocks forward and back an hour, at our home we change some, and leave others. As I type this, my Elvis clock above me is an hour behind. It's in a spot that is hard to get to, so Elvis is just left alone. I wonder if the camera, whose fuzzy film we see, was the same way, the camera is doing its job, so perhaps the thought was `that is good enough`. The same as my Elvis clock, he sings on the hour, I just don't care what hour it currently is.

I'm with you there. In motion I can see it's two bikes, one smaller and one larger going by but it's by no means easy to see. It reminds me of someone showing me an ultrasound of their baby saying "awww look here's his/her cute little foot!" and I'm thinking "which part of the grey part do you mean?"

LE does say it's the girls, so I have to think clearer pictures exist but just haven't been released for some reason.

Going back to the shadow question I think it might be related to the spot each girl was shown going around the corner. It does seem strange that one shadow would be so much longer than the other, though.

LoL Thank you for making me laugh
Now that was FUNNY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads