IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:blowkiss: Thank you every one so much for correcting me :hug:

Elizabeth does NOT have Braces...

I was confused by the picture and maybe need to go to the eye doctor....................................................................................
:deadhorse:

I was confused by the picture and maybe need to go to the eye doctor....................................................................................

LOL...this made me burst out laughing!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hard day at work and so I needed that laugh!! Thanks!! (my husband and child just looked at me like I was crazy when I burst out with laughter at your post)

Unless orthodontia has changed radically since I needed it, Elizabeth was very, very young to have braces. When I needed it, orthodontists didn't like to start braces until the child had all adult teeth unless the kid had some sort of really major bite issues.

Part of it is that the child has to be old enough to maintain good mouth hygiene. Another factor is that the braces are uncomfortable, particularly when first put on or when adjusted, so the child has to be old enough to mentally deal with the periodic discomfort without losing the ability to function appropriately in school, etc.

Some of this may have changed recently but still, I'd be surprised if she had braces just based on her age.

Some orthodontists start with young children if the misalignment is severe. My daughter got a gum stretcher, don't remember the real name, about a year prior to getting her braces. She refused to use it because it hurt her mouth and made talking correctly hard. I just could not bring myself to force her to wear it. They are quite expensive too.

s-MISSINGIOWAGIRLSVIDEO-large.jpg

IowaCousins2-500x281.jpg

I hadn't realized Elizabeth had Glasses...

What Beautiful girl

WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!

I have been staring at these photos for some time now. There is just something off to me. . .and I think I finally know what it is. There are no shadows except for the one of Lyric riding by in the top pic. They had to be scrubbed out.

But looking at that one shadow of a moving Lyric, it seems to run perpendicular to the house and the street, pointing directly at that storage trailer. Doing the old sundial thing and looking at Google Maps, that looks to be about 1pm. . .even if we say 12:30 pm. . .we are on Daylight Savings Time. . .so that would make it 2pm, or even 1:30pm DST. :what:

Somebody else please look at that and tell me I'm not nuts!

I have been staring at these photos for some time now. There is just something off to me. . .and I think I finally know what it is. There are no shadows except for the one of Lyric riding by in the top pic. They had to be scrubbed out.

But looking at that one shadow of a moving Lyric, it seems to run perpendicular to the house and the street, pointing directly at that storage trailer. Doing the old sundial thing and looking at Google Maps, that looks to be about 1pm. . .even if we say 12:30 pm. . .we are on Daylight Savings Time. . .so that would make it 2pm, or even 1:30pm DST. :what:

Sorry...but I'm not seeing much of anything that resembles anything in these pictures! If I wasn't told that the top picture was someone riding a bike, I wouldn't know it! The bottom picture is a dark "blob". Are these seriously the pictures that LE has identified as the girls? Please tell me clearer pictures exist!

Some orthodontists start with young children if the misalignment is severe. My daughter got a gum stretcher, don't remember the real name, about a year prior to getting her braces. She refused to use it because it hurt her mouth and made talking correctly hard. I just could not bring myself to force her to wear it. They are quite expensive too.

I did make an exception for major bite issues.

I did some poking around and, according to an article on the Mayo Clinic site, results from both the two stage treatment (what you're describing) and the single stage treatment are just about the same. So your not forcing your daughter to tolerate something that hurt her and affected her speech probably had absolutely no effect on the outcome. Except to make her a happier kid when she didn't have the appliance in!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dental-braces/AN02142

Wow I cannot understand all of that but you are smart in all of this!
That is a com;liment I was trying to say if it did not come out right!:)

I did make an exception for major bite issues.

I did some poking around and, according to an article on the Mayo Clinic site, results from both the two stage treatment (what you're describing) and the single stage treatment are just about the same. So your not forcing your daughter to tolerate something that hurt her and affected her speech probably had absolutely no effect on the outcome. Except to make her a happier kid when she didn't have the appliance in!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dental-braces/AN02142

Not to be snarky, but why the focus on the braces? Am I missing something?

Sorry...but I'm not seeing much of anything that resembles anything in these pictures! If I wasn't told that the top picture was someone riding a bike, I wouldn't know it! The bottom picture is a dark "blob". Are these seriously the pictures that LE has identified as the girls? Please tell me clearer pictures exist!

I'm with you, I have never been able to make out anything on this video. I see two dark blurs on what I assume are bicycles.

Is it possible for a video to be of such poor quality that even the best technology cannot improve it?

The FBI must have the capability to do something to enhance this video. Or maybe they have, and have chosen not to release it to the public.

Sorry but they do.

Instinct is what guides them.

EVIDENCE is what proves the case, but INSTINCT is what tells them where to look for the evidence.

We now know that we have some posters on this thread who are/have been actively involved in investigations of one kind or another, and they will ALL tell you that instinct is one of their major tools.

This is why we have so many cases (eg Casey Anthony) where blind freddy can tell what has likely happened, but the perp goes free...no EVIDENCE.

Would they have chased the Anthonys so hard if it wasn't for instinct? Nope. The EVIDENCE just wasn't there.

Jonbenet, another one. Most Americans believe the parents were involved. Again, not enough EVIDENCE (debateable) or at least, not enough to bring charges and make them stick.

ETA - a snippet from msm on the Isabel Celis case, where the search warrants are still sealed -

Police may not know for sure what happened in the Celis house the day the six year old girl disappeared but search warrants may offer their theories.

A search warrant release often includes transcripts of detectives convincing the judge to issue the warrant. They tell the judge what they think they may find. After the search, detectives report what they did find.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/160916585.html

<brought over from the last thread>

I had no idea the prosecutors and investigators used instinct, intuition and feelings to solve crimes in any of the British Commonwealth countries. It sounds like the law that is practiced in Australia no longer has anything in common with its origins.

I am not aware of there being any criminal investigators posting on this thread. I'd like to hear more about the use of intuition, instinct and feelings as an investigative tool in criminal offences after these investigators have been verified.

Aren't all search warrants based on existing evidence that points to the strong probability that more evidence will be discovered in specific locations? Don't prosecutors present arguments to obtain search warrants?

I do not know, but did they also mention that both girls wore glasses.
Did they ever say if the girls were wearing them that day?

Oh, yessss...you bet...I've been struggling over this for 2 weeks and have another question, but don't know how to articulate it. It probably took me 35-40 minutes to compose my first question...and that time was spent making my post shorter and clearer...Yes, I mean really! LOL I should change my nic to "Rambling Rose." :)

I love your post too fox!
Don't worry about a little rambling on ;),
Sometimes the best post and best ideas happen when the
Writer just let's go. :rocker:

<brought over from the last thread>

I had no idea the prosecutors and investigators used instinct, intuition and feelings to solve crimes in any of the British Commonwealth countries. It sounds like the law that is practiced in Australia no longer has anything in common with its origins.

I am not aware of there being any criminal investigators posting on this thread. I'd like to hear more about the use of intuition, instinct and feelings as an investigative tool in criminal offences after these investigators have been verified.

Aren't all search warrants based on existing evidence that points to the strong probability that more evidence will be discovered in specific locations? Don't prosecutors present arguments to obtain search warrants?

I suppose all investigators have "gut instincts" or the like. But it takes a lot more than instinct to prove a case in court, which is what an investigator should always be mindful of.

It would be interesting to hear from a criminal investigator who has been WS-verified, to get his/her take on some of the topics we've discussed recently. JMO

See post 41. Then it got a lil o/t. LOL
I think we may have to talk about braces now because we have talked about the same things over and over and over. Without a POI, it's beating the ole dead horse.

Well, I'm not one to ask... i was on my way to pick up NEW glasses when I posted earlier, lol. Now, if I could only remember what I wanted to look at... :blush:
i can see now though, after days of broken specs. :cool2:

I suppose all investigators have "gut instincts" or the like. But it takes a lot more than instinct to prove a case in court, which is what an investigator should always be mindful of.

It would be interesting to hear from a criminal investigator who have been WS-verified, to get their take on some of the topics we've discussed recently. JMO

I sure would love that it would help me to know how crazzy my mind really is .
Or I could get lucky and find that I could be smart after all.

If you are reading this please help
my little ole brain out A.S.A.P.!! :please:

I sure would love that it would help me to know how crazzy my mind really is .
Or I could get lucky and find that I could be smart after all.

If you are reading this please help
my little ole brain out A.S.A.P.!! :please:

Your posts always make me laugh!

We were speculating on whether Elizabeth had braces on her teeth. Based on her age, I thought it was unlikely.

CN2Souls clarified that Elizabeth does not have braces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member