IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48928742
Investigators said officers from local, state and federal agencies are continuing to follow up on a large number of leads, including viewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video from numerous area businesses.

Can anyone provide a quick rundown of Somer's case?? I remember the name.. but that is about it...

She was walking home from school and got separated from her friends. Jarred Harrell (no record but was in the process of child *advertiser censored* investigation but not on the books) told her to come and look at his puppy. He took her, raped her, and dumped her in the trash.

They looked high and low for her. Her family was bashed, bashed, and trashed. Finally, something made them look at him.. it was shortly after LE released a list of tips just like these and the people came forward that had the issues with his child *advertiser censored* and also with his molestation of another child.

Sure enough dna matched.

ETA: he was not an RSO

BBE
They said the abductor "might have had a legitimate reason to be in the immediate area of Meyers Lake on July 13, due to their job, their residence, or their association with someone in the area, or for recreational use of the trail or lake."

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html#ixzz25iSbNLt2

BBM

This to me doesn't indicate "random perp who just came driving through the area and happened upon these girls".

That line indicates to me that they believe it could be someone who is from the area and wasn't just "passing through" and stopped at the lake.

MOO

I too find this newest update very telling in that I feel it illustrates that LE believes as I do. these girls were abducted by someone with more than just a passing familiarity of the area. A vehicle was used. And the person or persons who committed this act fit into the surroundings or appeared to belong. This perp or perps did not raise any red flags to the observer or passerby in the area.

This goes right along with what my gut has told me all along. The responsible party is local or former local recently returned to the area, with intimate knowledge of the area. I also feel the perp knew at least one of the girls and had been watching for some time prior to grabbing the girls. Had familiarity with them and/or their routine of recent weeks.

Thanks TL and nurse, so sad :(

SOunds like he was just waiting for a chance to grab her since she always petted his dog.

WHen I was a child i couldn't begin to tell you the names of my neighbors but knew every dog and cat in the neighborhood on a first name basis. Kids are just attracted to animals and pedophiles know it :(

So those of us who thought the 12:15 sighting by Grandma fit perfectly with the 12:20'ish sighting of the bikes by TG will now have to see if their theory works in light of the new 12:30 time. [sigh]

This does open up the timeline from what I felt was always too narrow for everything to all fit together. JMO

I wonder if 12:30 is from LE or one reporter being copied by others????? And, if it is accurate, WHO saw them?

Thanks TL and nurse, so sad :(

SOunds like he was just waiting for a chance to grab her since she always petted his dog.

WHen I was a child i couldn't begin to tell you the names of my neighbors but knew every dog and cat in the neighborhood on a first name basis. Kids are just attracted to animals and pedophiles know it :(

the other attempted abduction that I posted in the last thead (in iowa just recently) involved a dog and trying to lure two boys into the van

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you LE. I'm just glad we got an update.

I wonder if 12:30 is from LE or one reporter being copied by others????? And, if it is accurate, WHO saw them?

Or maybe WHAT saw them? Like one of the cameras from local businesses?

In a press release issued by the DCI Thursday, investigators said it is almost certain that the person or persons involved in this abduction used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area, and it is believed that surveillance video is likely to have recorded that vehicle.

Investigators said they are sure someone knows something that might be valuable to law enforcement, according to the release.
http://thegazette.com/2012/09/06/iowa-dci-accepting-tips-on-missing-cousins-via-email/

http://thegazette.com/2012/09/06/iowa-dci-accepting-tips-on-missing-cousins-via-email/

In a press release issued by the DCI Thursday, investigators said it is almost certain that the person or persons involved in this abduction used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area, and it is believed that surveillance video is likely to have recorded that vehicle.

Oh how I hope this is the case! Now if only we knew what kind of vehicle they were looking for (or suspected)!

It could be any type of vehicle short of a smart car.
Any thing even a truck could fit both girls.

I really think this person /persons is hiding in "Plain Sight"

I wonder if LE can check to see who if any are part-time residents? In FL you have snow birds, they leave the south to go up North in the Summer as it is so hot and then come back down when it gets cold up there.

http://www.wxow.com/story/19469214/missing-cousins-law-getting-support

Although Arnold didn't know either family before Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins went missing from Evansdale on July 13. But watching the search continue day after day, she was moved to help.

"So when it came to the seventh day, I was in the kitchen with the daycare children and I heard them say we now have reason to believe this was an abduction. I was so mad, I said why did you let the ball drop. I don't mean any disrespect to them, but why wasn't the public made more aware of what really was going on," said Arnold.

Arnold then started an online petition called Cousins' Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member