IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've e-mailed and asked for clarification. It will be interesting to see what they have to say (if anything).

The impact of this new time the girls were last seen is enormous, IMO. This means the girls were seen after TG's sighting of the bikes on the trail. So those bikes could have belonged to Lyric and Elizabeth, who retrieved their bikes after TG rode by and continued on their way. JMO.

It is so good to have something to add to this puzzle.

ETA: If the bikes were there at approx. 12:20 and the girls were seen around 12:30, where could they have been during that approx. 10 minute time frame? A convenience store, a friend's house??

Has it ever been established that TG actually saw THE GIRL'S BIKES?

IMO...He saw 2 bikes (not necessarily the girl's bikes), and maybe those bikes belonged to whoever the girls were meeting. Maybe the 12:30 sighting by unknown source could be a camera in the area or statement from the bike owners (friends) who actually have come forward and stated they met the girls, but left. Just a thought.....

Surely the cctv clip has been analyzed by LE and the FBI. :waitasec:

They girls have been missing for almost 2 months. :please:
Wonder why IF there were any vehicles seen on the video , why LE hasnt
released those like they did when Mickey Shunick disappeared?
imo

Cherie, sometimes there are other reasons for doing things the way in which they do them... think about the Sierra Lamar case.

Totally Off Topic

Re the DMV: I was taking the vision test to renew and couldn't see anything but a white blank. No letters, no nothing. I tried to tell the examiner who basically told me I was nuts. I asked her to look herself and again got told, you must be blind.
So I turned to the person behind me in line and asked them to read it. That person also saw nothing but white. It took two other customer's agreeing before the examiner consented to look. Oops. Nothing but white. Did I get even a hint of an apology. Nope.

Glad to come back and find an update on the girls!
I am so glad they are using all of our tips to look for these @#^!! scum bags!___________

Off Topic Also........

WOW I know how you feel
I went today to the D.M.V. stayed there for 20 min, with my number,around 50 people there,
To find out I had to go to the other D.M.V. In RiteAid... 3 miles away.
They also had insurance across from the rope they had to divided.
I was the only person in line but had to stand back from the rope until she called
me :banghead:

I felt like I was in Maberry R.F.D.

Instead of a Stop and Go , I had a Drug and Drive!

Has it ever been established that TG actually saw THE GIRL'S BIKES?

IMO...He saw 2 bikes (not necessarily the girl's bikes), and maybe those bikes belonged to whoever the girls were meeting. Maybe the 12:30 sighting by unknown source could be a camera in the area or statement from the bike owners (friends) who actually have come forward and stated they met the girls, but left. Just a thought.....

No, that has never been established, sorry if my post was misleading. What I meant was TG's bike sighting was at approx. 12:20 - whose bikes he saw has never been determined IIRC.

No, that has never been established, sorry if my post was misleading. What I meant was TG's bike sighting was at approx. 12:20 - whose bikes he saw has never been determined IIRC.

I sure would like to know that answer because 1) it would clarify the puzzling timeframe and 2) it would sure remove a lot of speculation about TG being involved in the disappearance.

I have always believed that TG saw bikes, but felt that there were 2 sets of bikes, and until it has been established and confirmed otherwise, I am basing my theory on it. The 12:30 sighting further collaborates my theory, but now...

the bikes being found at 2:00????

Perhaps they're wanting the info to be heard OUTSIDE of the W'loo area, so that they'll receive info they can cross reference. Such as we (LE) know Joe Blow who owns Joe Blow's Creepy White Vans R Us was in the area and now we have someone from Timbuktwo saying hey maybe you should look into Joe Blow. I know he sold his, oh lets just say, he sold his creepiest white van just a couple of weeks ago. Hummm...

You are a stitch!

"Joe Blow who owns Joe Blow's Creepy White Vans R Us" :woohoo:

Does Joe Blow also happen to have bushy hair? :what:

The investigation must not be going but so well.....

the girls have been missing 8 weeks tomorrow. 2 MONTHS missing.

Shouldn't LE, the family....... somebody have a presser to show there is still
concern about Lizzy and Lyrics abduction? :banghead:

Personally, I dont think LE has a clue who took the girls or where they are.

imoo

You would think!

I think the earlier statements, interviews, information within the first few days of the disappearance are more reliable because they were fresh accounts of what occured and what the family believed to have happened and why. They were spoken and presented with fresh memories and accounts and were not altered or morphed into a timeline, collaboration with others, witness statements, media interpretation, or memory lapses, etc.

In my opinion, you can learn a lot from these EARLY interviews!

Agreed.
Which brings me back to the day the girls disappeared.
Gmother said the girls left at 11:30am. (approx)
The girls are seen on the cctv at approx 12:11a.

Once again Im asking......where were thegirls from 11:30 am until 12:11am?

Anyone driving by see the girls?

Did anyone looking out their window see the girls?

The investigation must not be going but so well.....

the girls have been missing 8 weeks tomorrow. 2 MONTHS missing.

Shouldn't LE, the family....... somebody have a presser to show there is still
concern about Lizzy and Lyrics abduction? :banghead:

Personally, I dont think LE has a clue who took the girls or where they are.

imoo
BBM. It could be going well. There are several cases where LE has not released info to the public and bam come out with an arrest because they are building a case.

No, I for one do not demand a presser... but I do want the girls found and I do want there to be justice for them. If that means silence so be it. That is the best way to build an air tight case.

Certainly we all want to hear from LE... today they released the six points which give a lot more insight into the way the case is leaning. It may not be a "presser" but it is more information than the public had yesterday.

I for one completely disagree that this case is cold or that LE needs to hold a press conference just to feed the public information that could damage a successful prosecution in the future.

:moo::twocents::moo:

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me

And this day, they just didn`t come back.

I think this is very important.
Grandmother is saying...the girls never went that far. (to the lake.)
Why did they head that way Friday the 13?

OT:

From LivingJuicy:

Sapphire - skip tracing led me to WS!

I usually can find Anyone!!! Except
All these missing kids! :-(

:please: Can you PLEASE find the person the collectors call my house for umpteen times a day or teach me how? Lol, this person must be some slippery kind of dude....and I can't convince them I'm not him and have never heard of him, he's writing bad cks all over the place, and they keep calling ME. :banghead:

sorry back on topic.....

Actually, I probably can. :)

In the interim, send a cease and desist letter so you are not harrassed!

Hummm..weird. The local W'loo news doesn't have the same press releases as the Des Moines or Cedar Rapids areas. The W'loo press doesn't have the six keys at all, only the email addy. This seems very odd to me. This new press release must be targeted at certain areas of interest, imo. Maybe the W'loo area will get the six keys later?? This just seems really weird that the most direct area didn't get the keys. :waitasec:
Thoughts anyone?:twocents:

Actually the Cedar Rapids area didn't get the keys either...but they got more than W'loo.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/DCI-Accepting-Tips-on-Missing-Cousins-Through-Email--168776586.html

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_b8aaa8a2-f85c-11e1-bd05-0019bb2963f4.html

Des Moines area press release with the six keys
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...l=des_12pm&ts=T&tmi=des_12pm_1_12000109062012

Surely the cctv clip has been analyzed by LE and the FBI. :waitasec:

They girls have been missing for almost 2 months. :please:
Wonder why IF there were any vehicles seen on the video , why LE hasnt
released those like they did when Mickey Shunick disappeared?
imo

From my notes scribbled from a wcfc article regarding several statements Pahl made about the video footage from his 24-hour security camera positioned behind the Cornbelt Auctions bldg.

Among other comments he made, he indicated that it was July 16 that he reported video sighting to LE. He said the FBI arrived within 20 minutes of learning about the video and "sat up here all Monday until about noon Tuesday watching everything we had."

"I think they marked every single car that went by - I know they downloaded a ton of stuff off of this [footage]."

Btw, regarding cylists caught on video that day he said "They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge. I've watched it [footage]."

In the fuzzy video are the girls heading towards the drinking establishment? If so, wouldn't it be a place that would have cameras mounted to film their property in case of fights, etc? I suspect there were other cameras filming that day.

On the topic of changing the time of home clocks forward and back an hour, at our home we change some, and leave others. As I type this, my Elvis clock above me is an hour behind. It's in a spot that is hard to get to, so Elvis is just left alone. I wonder if the camera, whose fuzzy film we see, was the same way, the camera is doing its job, so perhaps the thought was `that is good enough`. The same as my Elvis clock, he sings on the hour, I just don't care what hour it currently is.

Your Elvis clock sounds too cute!

I wonder if you're correct about the time on the cctv camera. The most important thing to them would be to get images of a suspect or their vehicle and know just in general what time it was. Being off an hour one way or the other wouldn't make much difference.

They probably have more cameras recording inside their building, which may be more easily set. After all, those would be the most important cameras (and least likely to have lens obscured by rain or dust).

The juice on the counter sounds weird to me, but I think I've come up with a reason for it. Lyric and Elizabeth know they have a somewhat limited amount of time to ride their bikes - Grandma needs them at home by a certain time. In order to maximize the amount of time they have to ride, they pour themselves glasses of juice and leave them on the counter. Then, when they get thirsty they can make a "pit stop" and be back on their bikes quickly.

I don't know if this happened, obviously, but it sounds like the kind of goofy thing my sister and I might have done.

JMO

If us kids were running in to get a quick drink and then out, over and over, my mom would put whatever we were drinking into a pitcher that had a lot of ice in it, then leave it with a couple cups on the table near the front door, so we weren't constantly opening and closing the refrigerator doors.

Well, that was her excuse but now that I'm older I strongly suspect that what bothered my mama was the clatter of kid feet up and down the hardwood stairs from the living room down to the kitchen and back. She had allergies, so my parents built a house without any carpeting at all (which was deemed quite strange in the late 60s, the time when shag carpeting was getting really popular).

We kids liked it because it made it easy to just pop in, have a quick drink and then run out again to play some more.

If us kids were running in to get a quick drink and then out, over and over, my mom would put whatever we were drinking into a pitcher that had a lot of ice in it, then leave it with a couple cups on the table near the front door, so we weren't constantly opening and closing the refrigerator doors.

Well, that was her excuse but now that I'm older I strongly suspect that what bothered my mama was the clatter of kid feet up and down the hardwood stairs from the living room down to the kitchen and back. She had allergies, so my parents built a house without any carpeting at all (which was deemed quite strange in the late 60s, the time when shag carpeting was getting really popular).

We kids liked it because it made it easy to just pop in, have a quick drink and then run out again to play some more.

When I was little all we got to drink out of, when we were locked out all day, was the garden hose.... :lol:

WOW! I have to start getting up early more often, this is where the good stuff happens!

I have been reading this mornings wisdom thank you for all the
Good things to think about when I stand in line at the D.M.V.
Why they cannot lighten up there I do not know.
It is not like we are in jail or something I always feel like a second class citizen there.

Thank you and Good Morning to all of you great people who have the heart to care about these little souls!
I pray that there will be a break in the case today!!!!

Love your post. You are not only caring but also very funny! :seeya:

The Des Moines area does seem to have gotten a different press release, at least at this time. Sometimes when LE isn't saying anything at all, they're really saying something-if you know what I mean. They've got to have something and they're looking for some kind of confirmation maybe so they can get a warrant or something (or at least I'm sure hoping).

Missing Iowa girls' abductor likely on video, investigator says

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120906/NEWS/120906026/0/NEWS/?odyssey=nav|head

For a long while now, I have thought that LE was intentionally leaving the timeline murky. I wasn't sure of why, maybe I thought, to keep the guilty party in the dark as to what they knew. Today, I am even more sure that they did it intentionally. It sounds to me as if there is a verifiable sighting of the girls as late as 12:30, and the earliest verifiable sighting of the bikes at 2PM where they were eventually discovered by LE at around 4PM. I am so glad to have them release some real, new info and I think the release is a significant step forward. It leads me to strongly feel that they are closing in on the perp, and are hoping to snare some key witnesses (girlfriend, co-workers etc). I was thinking the case was going cold, but now I feel quite hopeful it will result in an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl