IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were the one writing the article I would as well.

It's all over the news (top story) here, and on KWWL it's not there at all. If I was those girls parents I'd be up in arms right now!!!

Hmmmm. I'm gonna go through this new article with the 6 keys with a "fine tooth comb" and I'll be back to discuss. I am so glad we finally have an update. There seems to still be some question about a boat.. Even mentioned in the 6 keys. I never joined the bandwagon of thoughts that the girls were involved in any sort of boat.. Boat ride.. Lured by a boater.. I just couldn't see that happening. Well, I'm gonna have to rethink that I guess. Lots to ponder!!!

Just crossed my mind and it may have been talked about -
Maybe someone noticed the boat because of its distinct color on the lake and told LE so LE wanted to talk to the person on the boat to see if they had witnessed something or anything happening on the bank - not because they thought the girls had been taken on the boat.

They did back off that statement recently, I always thought what they were trying to say was until they had forensic evidence to show they were dead, they will work the case as if they are alive.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...ess-sought?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Snipped and bolded by me- From Sept 2, 2012 Dsm Register
“We’re constantly getting new information brought in and some of it’s coming in through leads and some of it’s generated by officers themselves,” Smock said. “As they talk to one person it leads them to someplace else.”
Authorities are backing off a statement made about four weeks ago by an FBI spokeswoman that there was specific information leading them to believe the girls are alive.
“We don’t have any more evidence to point one way or another,” Rick Abben, chief deputy with the Black Hawk County sheriff department said. “We want to believe they’re alive still, but we don’t have information to indicate that or information to indicate they’re not.”

Smock said about 20 investigators from local, state and federal agencies continue to work on the case on a daily basis.

Well. gosh, I would hope they would work the case as if they are alive, but also search at the same time. But didn't they originally make it sound very much like they had actual evidence they were alive? And then finally backed away to the usual statement, "no proof they are not?"

I really wonder WHY are the press releases so different for different areas, at least for the time being. Why target the Des Moines area with the six points and not W'loo or Cedar Rapids? There's got to be a reason.

I suppose if they believe the girls were taken from E'dale to another location, but still why release that info here in Dsm and not there in W'loo as well?

I think that the explanation is that the press release came from Ankeny or Des Moines (Ankeny is practically a suburb of Des Moines and is where the DCI lab is located). The msm located closest to Des Moines are more likely to send a reporter to a press release than media based in Waterloo. Most news stations aren't going to send a reporter over 100 miles to cover something that is just a press release and not a major announcement (too expensive).

Give it a day and I'm sure that all the Iowa outlets will have basically the same story.

Gosh, this latest only confirms for me that LE is no closer to finding them. And what ever happened to "we believe they are alive?" Based on what??

I am glad they came forward with what they did, at least, but feel it should have been done many weeks ago.

A few weeks ago (it is in one of the previous threads) it was made clear that the "we believe they are still alive" was based on the old LE reasoning that since there was no forensic proof of death, there is nothing indicating they have died.

Exactly as many experienced WS'ers guessed: it turns out the FBI is not immune from playing that particular little word game.

A few weeks ago (it is in one of the previous threads) it was made clear that the "we believe they are still alive" was based on the old LE reasoning that since there was no forensic proof of death, there is nothing indicating they have died.

Exactly as many experienced WS'ers guessed: it turns out the FBI is not immune from playing that particular little word game.

I remember that...but I am also remembering someone mentioning some type of evidence, even saying it had gone to the lab, that indicated they were alive (which made no sense to me at the time). Unless it was that old voice mail. And also, they stressed that they believed the girls to be alive, not that they hoped, wished, would investigate as if, etc...it was very strong wording.

Just crossed my mind and it may have been talked about -
Maybe someone noticed the boat because of its distinct color on the lake and told LE so LE wanted to talk to the person on the boat to see if they had witnessed something or anything happening on the bank - not because they thought the girls had been taken on the boat.

Yes. I agree. I still don't see how anyone could take these girls in a boat. Where the heck ya gonna go?? Had to be something regarding the boat person being some sort of witness. MOO (if even that,, see I'm still skeptical of this whole boat deal lol)

Actually, I probably can. :)

In the interim, send a cease and desist letter... RSBM

***>OT OT OT...

This is copy of my prior response...
Would love to, but they've given me bogus names for the company in cities that don't even exist... Call is from diff number each time, or unknown...
They're hard core. They told me if I would give them MY name, they'd stop calling. i refuse.
Thanks though I reported one once to attorney gen and got settlement of over $300.00 for months of harassing calls for some stranger. ;)

Thanks livingjuicy for the suggestion :)

***>OT OT OT...

I remember that...but I am also remembering someone mentioning some type of evidence, even saying it had gone to the lab, that indicated they were alive (which made no sense to me at the time). Unless it was that old voice mail. And also, they stressed that they believed the girls to be alive, not that they hoped, wished, would investigate as if, etc...it was very strong wording.

Yes Very strong wording.. I do not recall hearing police or speaker say on any other case that they
are Confident that the girls are alive.

unless the have proof.

That has always bothered me from the start and then come out and try to back track thier statement! These are kids we are talking about.:maddening:
Backtrack is not about using the wrong wording.
I do not buy it!

Has it ever been established that TG actually saw THE GIRL'S BIKES?

IMO...He saw 2 bikes (not necessarily the girl's bikes), and maybe those bikes belonged to whoever the girls were meeting. Maybe the 12:30 sighting by unknown source could be a camera in the area or statement from the bike owners (friends) who actually have come forward and stated they met the girls, but left. Just a thought.....

Hi all! Just catching up as I have been away for awhile. Will someone point me in the direction of this 12:30 sighting? Last I heard last sighting of the girls was by gma and the cctv at 12:15 (12:11-12:19) and TG seeing the bikes around 12:20-12:24. Tia!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...case/-/9357080/16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html

Authorities have setup a new email address and released six key points to help get new leads in the case of two missing Iowa girls from Evansdale.

ETA:
There is 2 pages.. don't forget to click on the second page of the story :)

These 6 points are a good compilation of our various WS theories from day one...
:saythat:
You're not only a group with a big heart, you're smart too. WTG WSers :toast:

L&E, you're always in our hearts..... We want you home~

The one day I don't check here all day, and there's finally something to read! I guess I should stay away more often. I think most of my thoughts on the new release have already been stated, either by other people or by me weeks ago. I just wanted to add that my first thought about the 2:00 sighting of the bikes was that it was based on the man who runs around the lake every day. There was never anything official saying that was TG, we just assumed it was. I'm still going with my initial thought that the bikes TG saw belonged to someone else.

If the girls were seen on video somewhere at 12:30 and the bikes were seen at the lake at 2:00, that would give a much more reasonable time frame.

My thought is that someone suspected of being involved (maybe not the actual abductor) is finally talking and/or the police have suspects and are letting them know that they are closing in on them.

IMOO...The "6 Key Points" addresses specific elements of what LE/FBI believes has happened and it targets a specific person(s) based on evidence and/or witness testimony.

My thought is that someone suspected of being involved (maybe not the actual abductor) is finally talking and/or the police have suspects and are letting them know that they are closing in on them.

IMOO...The "6 Key Points" addresses specific elements of what LE/FBI believes has happened and it targets a specific person(s) based on evidence and/or witness testimony.

I've only posted on this forum a couple of times but do read here daily. I agree with you completely. My gut instinct when reading the 6 Key Points the first time was that they are aimed at a specific person or goup of people. Perhaps someone holds important information and has not come forward with it and LE knows it. Perhaps a friend, acquitance, or relative of this "someone" suspects the "someone" has this knowledge. It seems to me LE is urging the friend, acquitance, or relative to contact them. I hope my ramblings make sense. It seems to me that someone may have spoken of taking a trip to Evansdale and did do so only to claim they did not go. That is a strange addition in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810