Schons
Fran

:waitasec:

Attachments

• Evansdale.GIF
    Evansdale.GIF
    92.8 KB · Views: 143
Hi nikb,
Who pray tell do you think is bothering witnesses or a possible POI?
Sorry but I'm lost as to who you're referring too. :blushing:

Hi Cherie - I don't mean anyone specifically, I just see things start to head down that path over and over again even after reminders from mods. I don't know if people are getting quicker about posting and then deleting their posts before the mods are alerted or if the mods are really on top of this thread, but I keep seeing things posted that implicate someone and usually give enough "hints" as to who it is that others start kind of honing in on that person. I've been guilty of it a few times too, mostly early on - it's hard not to get caught up. We all just want to find these girls so badly, IMO it makes it easy to jump on any little bit of info we think might lead to them. Unfortunately that sometimes leads to jumping on every little bit of info that might implicate a specific person.

I'll see those types of posts if I'm refreshing a lot and actively reading the thread, but if I look at it a few hours later the questionable posts are gone. Stuff I was previously reading on say page 20 will suddenly be on page 18 or 19 (made up numbers, just for example's sake), so it's obvious things have been deleted.

I am so, so excited to see LE releasing more information on this case today! I know it's not a lot, but it's something more than we had before and something we can treat as reliable. IMO etc. :) I hope this means they're closer to finding the girls than we think.

Ok...

what in HECK were they doing in Elmer Ave?

This has really thrown me for a loop...

Anyone? Locals? Is there something in Elmer Ave the girls would go to? A shop maybe?

Police said they have "information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert Dr. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale."

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz26NmAn4YM

BBM

The approximate 12:23 p.m. time may have come from a surveillance video, since it is pretty specific, but what about the "between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m." time? That sounds to me like a witness(es) saw them but couldn't remember the exact time. Or maybe they were seen by more than one witness during that time period.

Since this is in the area of Meyers Lake, I'd love to know if someone saw them actually heading towards the lake.

If the girls were seen between 12:30 and 1:00, maybe they wanted a quick ride to the lake before Lyric had to leave with Gma.

Police said they have "information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert Dr. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale."

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz26NmAn4YM

BBM

The approximate 12:23 p.m. time may have come from a surveillance video, since it is pretty specific, but what about the "between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m." time? That sounds to me like a witness(es) saw them but couldn't remember the exact time. Since this is in the area of Meyers Lake, I'd love to know if someone saw them actually heading towards the lake.

If the girls were seen between 12:30 and 1:00, maybe they wanted a quick ride to the lake before Lyric had to leave with Gma.

Isn't Mr. C on the Corner of Gilbert and Lake?

And he said 12-1 pm before his wife corrected him...Even though she wasn't there...:waitasec:

OR....

TG is Right and there was SOME OTHER people at the Lake on Bikes.....

What kind of people would just throw their bikes in the path and not care if others could get around them....

:waitasec:

Kids that see something. They just don't think about what could happen; judgment (the ability to foresee consequences and heed them) takes quite a long time to develop.

Ok...

what in HECK were they doing in Elmer Ave?

This has really thrown me for a loop...

Anyone? Locals? Is there something in Elmer Ave the girls would go to? A shop maybe?

I'm glad you here right now, because I was curious about your theory in light of this new information. I know there are probably a lot of us who are re-thinking things given this new info.

To me, it sounds like the girls were doing their neighborhood bike riding but going much further than the 2-3 blocks MCM said they were limited to.

Here's a basic Google map for that area. I'm not a map wizard like otto and others, so I won't attempt anything other than this!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=elme...s&ei=CFZSUPmuDcrb0QHL4oH4Cw&ved=0CCEQ8stgEwAA

Looks like Elmer goes directly to the bike trail, unless I'm reading it wrong.

The way it was said that the girls rode down Lake and turned around and headed back has made me wonder if they were looking for someone all those times but the person wasn't there.

Kids that see something. They just don't think about what could happen; judgment (the ability to foresee consequences and heed them) takes quite a long time to develop.

Can I ask you a question GrainnDhu...?

Don't laugh at me.....

But...

Could they take a Bloodhound on those streets NOW and find out if the girls were there...?

BBM

LE has never officially commented on TG's bike sighting. Since LE never told the public about the bikes, why would they need to tell the public if the sighting was incorrect?

IMO, I don't think TG would have gotten that good of a look at the bikes if he just swerved to avoid them. He may not have noticed whether the bikes were male or female bikes.

Regarding where TG saw the bikes in relation to where Lyric and Elizabeth's bikes were found, that has been a source of great discussion. To my knowledge we have never been told specifically where TG saw the bikes when he swerved to miss them. JMO

ETA: I don't know how coincidental it is that TG saw two bikes on the trail that day, IF the bikes weren't Lyric and Elizabeth's bikes. I guess it would depend on how many people generally bike there on any given day, how many people bike in the area where TG saw the bikes, etc. Maybe it is a big coincidence, or maybe it isn't such an uncommon occurrence.

LE may have never officially commented on TG's bike sighting, however, LE were fully aware of it, since it was reported through MSM and TG himself talked to LE at the lake that he may have seen the bikes.

IMO, if LE wants the public's assistance in solving this crime, any information that they become aware of that is factual, whether they officially initially reported it or not, IMO is their responsibility to report to the public what they know to be true.

Since LE want every tid bit of information, no matter how insignificant the person reporting it may think it is, the information regarding the possible sighting of the girl's bikes by TG may have been very significant to someone out there, whom may have had other relevant information surrounding this piece of information.

We are just finding out now, two months later, that LE knew this was not L's and E's bikes.

IMO, it is LE's duty to report what they know, if it can assist with solving this case.

But JMOO.

O/T

I would be a horrible LE in the Feild....

I would be Kicking in doors with Bloodhounds and searching every house in Evansdale...H*ll ...ALL of Iowa.. and beyond.

search Warrant we don't need no sticking search warrant... :lol:

(this is a joke don't flame me)

Can I ask you a question GrainnDhu...?

Don't laugh at me.....

But...

Could they take a Bloodhound on those streets NOW and find out if the girls were there...?

I'm not laughing, it's a good question.

In my uneducated opinion, no. Personally, I wouldn't give any finding, positive or negative, any weight at all.

I wish it were possible.

I have a suggestion to the members. Go to the scanner archives and read the threads during the first, say, week of this case. Well worth it, but you can't bring that info up to this thread under penalty of whatever the penalty is...lol

Anyway, I'm interested that in that email from DCI they suggest to me..that they are "almost" certain that the perp was in a vehicle "arriving" and "departing" the "area". Also, I'm interested that they are looking at video from businesses, "homes", and "elsewhere" in E'dale.

I'm interested that there is a church right next to the auction house and they share the same parking lot. IMO it is worth confirmation as to whether they attended there...my guess is that they may have. If so, were there activities that the girls participated in..with coaches...stuff like that.

I'm interested that E played ball right next to Deerwood camping the night before the disappearance.

There. A bunch to chew on.

MOO

Their pastor already confirmed their attendance at Heartland Vineyard Church in Cedar Falls, per an article titled something like 'hundreds come to vigil for missing girls'. (don't remember exactly).

However, it's not to say that they never had any contact with the neighborhood church. Who knows?

I'm glad you here right now, because I was curious about your theory in light of this new information. I know there are probably a lot of us who are re-thinking things given this new info.

To me, it sounds like the girls were doing their neighborhood bike riding but going much further than the 2-3 blocks MCM said they were limited to.

Here's a basic Google map for that area. I'm not a map wizard like otto and others, so I won't attempt anything other than this!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=elme...s&ei=CFZSUPmuDcrb0QHL4oH4Cw&ved=0CCEQ8stgEwAA

Looks like Elmer goes directly to the bike trail, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Where Elmer and the bike trail meet...what is there? Are there any buildings? Water?

I am not at all surprised that they rode past the skate park. When my DD was 10 and 11 she was attracted to the skatepark like it had a magnet. Skate parks are full of young boys who are oblivious to the little girls who ride back and forth right alongside them.

But there are plenty of perps and creepers lurking the skateparks too. :eek:

I guess I can go back to trusting my instincts. I know I had originally said that I thought the bikes TG saw belonged to someone else (or it wasn't the girls seen on the video). I also remember them saying the original video released was at 12:15. I wonder if they were shown on there at both 12:11 and 12:15, but the 12:11 one was clearer so that's the one they used; it would explain why they kept saying last seen there at 12:15 in their timeline. If the time stamp was 8 minutes slow, that would mean the 12:15 one was actually at 12:23. Now I just have to go back over the early days to refresh my memory on what else I originally thought.

Where Elmer and the bike trail meet...what is there? Are there any buildings? Water?

On google earth, it looks like the end of Elmer is where the parking lot is and where the park is, with swings, etc. unless I am reading it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member