IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I'd be running naked through the streets tossing out flyers if I thought that would help out. Anything to get the attention focused on finding my child. And if anyone had anything bad to say about my family, they could take a flying leap. Let them worry about my family AFTER my child was found.

But it must be hard for Gma to ignore gossip and innuendo given the somewhat unusual family dynamics (drugs, restraining orders, overdoses, trials). She has to know that some people are perceiving her family in negative way.

I'm just glad she is managing to overcome her natural grief and reticence to speak on national tv.

Any snippet of extra information is important and very welcome.

Im sick of this ****!! Why is it okay to drag the parents thru the dirt, but?

When I watch the cctv of the girls and they appear to be racing across Brovan Blvd., it makes me think someone challenged them, i.e. if you can ride around the lake and back in so many minutes, I'll pay you x number of dollars each. The girls took the challenge, the perp jumped in his vehicle, parked on Arbutus, crossed over at Maiden Lane, stopped them on the trail and I think it would have been someone the girls knew or were acquainted with through WC or their parents. Just theory, but it doesn't do much to get them back I know, just writing down my own thoughts.

IMO

I'm going to get picky again... here it comes... <lol> I read that as an absolute minimum of 8 minutes (12:23 - 12:30), which is doable, yes. Especially to Gilbert/Elmer/Etc. And as long as 38 minutes <sigh>
By another timeline, however... hm...

I'm going to get even pickier.

12:23 - 12:30 is 7 minutes.

The statement says approximately 12:23.

We know the date stamp on the cctv says 12:11, adding eight minutes is 12:19.

LE knows the infamous 8 minutes is out there in public knowledge. At one time they were reporting 12:15. Adding eight minutes to 12:15 is 12:23.

I don't believe that the approximate 12:23 is accurate anymore than the 12:15 was. They are close enough to say "approximately" though.

Mr. C's sighting was the huge 12-3 at one time. Now we are hearing 12:30 - 1.

I think this is the part of the ever shifting timeline. I think LE knows the real times. But move it and see who moves. ;)

Well you know what, if it was my girls that were gone, I wouldn't give a flying fig what people were saying about me.

I would only have room for one concern.

Gossip and innuendo would not even register on my radar.

I agree with you to a point, but if the gossip and innuendo got people totally off track from finding either the girls or the perp, just because they are so focused on digging up dirt on me (or any other family members/friends/etc.) I would be pretty upset, because it would interfere with that "one concern" you mentioned, IMO.

I'm going to get even pickier.

12:23 - 12:30 is 7 minutes.

The statement says approximately 12:23.

We know the date stamp on the cctv says 12:11, adding eight minutes is 12:19.

LE knows the infamous 8 minutes is out there in public knowledge. At one time they were reporting 12:15. Adding eight minutes to 12:15 is 12:23.

I don't believe that the approximate 12:23 is accurate anymore than the 12:15 was. They are close enough to say "approximately" though.

Mr. C's sighting was the huge 12-3 at one time. Now we are hearing 12:30 - 1.

I think this is the part of the ever shifting timeline. I think LE knows the real times. But move it and see who moves. ;)

BBM

I oh so agree with your assessment. Turn the screws, trickle the pressure and see who feels they have to say something.

Is that a trick question.....

a....

the cell phone..:waitasec:.

:floorlaugh: I got a hoot out of your post, because that was my first response!

I think the poster meant where was the call from geographically.

<snipped for space and BBM>
We are just finding out now, two months later, that LE knew this was not L's and E's bikes.

IMO, it is LE's duty to report what they know, if it can assist with solving this case.

But JMOO.

Did they actually confirm that it wasn't their bikes? I agree that if you're looking at the timeline and what info LE has chosen to release it seems difficult if not impossible that it was their bikes if the time estimates are correct, IMO. I don't recall seing them every acknowledging the TG report at all, including whether or not the bikes he saw belonged to the girls.

With many of us on here tonight, does anyone know what would cause the cctv timer to run slow? TIA

Oh :doh: they want to know "where" I thought it was in the bathroom at the Lake...

:waitasec:

Ooops, you may be right about that. It was once stated he went to Casey's, used the bathroom then called his daughter, but later there was some mention of him calling from the lake. I thought that was just rumor, but I need to go back through the posts now!

It does, indeed, appear that way. I still don't believe those two girls were ever on that part of the bike trail in the SE corner of Meyers Lake, I still think those bikes may have been staged. This is, of course, just my opinion.
Could the park, then, have been part of a lure to get the girls down there? The very first part of the parking lot when you first enter via Elmer Ave. is a bit secluded. Is that small building just to the west, between the north parking lot and Exchange park (where the playground is) a public restroom? For anyone at the lake that day, closer to the dock area and the larger section of parking lot, that area could appear isolated, couldn't it? Things positioned just so, where two little girls and their bikes be snatched and loaded up? Then the bikes dumped off on that remote section of the bike trail to make it look like those two went there on their own?

I think it is a restroom. That is where the bicyclist went to the bathroom and not at Casey's. I believe. Someone else just has to have seen those girls that day.

IIRC it was from the parking lot of Casey's, but not the one MCM worked at.

IIRC, I thought the first info said TG got a drink and made a call from Casey's and another statement said TG got a drink and made the call at the park restroom.

I know there was conflicting info on this, from the news or from the daughter's statement?
anyone recall exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member