IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Was one of the moms not at work on Friday (day the girls disappeared)? Which mom said that? Which dad hasn't taken a polygraph yet? TIA

Now I'm confused. I thought the lady that was on JVM was the little one's mom and her sister was on also.

If anybody else watched perhaps they can confirm who she is and what she said. I heard she was off work.

Now I'm confused. I thought the lady that was on JVM was the little one's mom and her sister was on also.

If anybody else watched perhaps they can confirm who she is and what she said. I heard she was off work.

1st part of the interview is Lyric's parents (older girl)
Daniel and Misty

Aunt Tammy steps in later...I thought she said she is Misty and Heather's sister, please correct me if I misunderstood that part.

I know I read that a family member said that the girls did not usually leave the block when they were out on their bikes. Now, I am reading that they often went to the lake area... These are two opposite statements ?

they went to A lake....not meyer's lake from what I understood.

Daniel and Misty

Aunt Tammy steps in later...I thought she said she is Misty and Heather's sister, please correct me if I misunderstood that part.

yes, they introduced her as Misty's sister (which would make her heather's too) :)

So, is this correct, as per JVM tonight (I didn't watch, waiting for transcript to come out)?

Lyric's parents were interviewed for 11 hours.

Lyric's Mom took a lie detector test today.

Lyric's Father, who has a long, extensive police record, has not had a lie detector yet.

Is this correct?

Daniel and Misty

Yes, it was Lyric's parents being interviewed. I think there may have been some confusion caused because for some reason JVM kept showing pictures of Elizabeth and not Lyric while they were being interviewed.

It is odd to me as well.
People in shock are not as articulate as she is. They may not be flailing about, nor crying, shaking or screaming, but they tend to be confused and in a state of unreality:
Acute stress reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(still catching up) I don't have a link to support it, just my experience but I'm one of those (maybe odd?) people who get VERY calm under a lot of stress. Medium level stress I can be a wreck, but medium/high stress especially if I can, or feel like I can, do something about it? SUPER calm. It's even freaked me out when it happened to me. I also get very focused and I wouldn't say confused but focused on the one important thing that's causing the stress.

The reporter on JVM said the bikes were left neatly not thrown on the ground or anything like that. No signs of a struggle.

Sadly, I think the girls are in the lake. They probably went off on an adventure and decided to go swimming. The only hold out I have with that theory are the shoes. Where are the shoes? My understanding is they were wearing flip flops (??) Wouldn't the flip flops have surfaced by now?

The mom said they've been to the lake numerous times because she's off work and she said her daughter would definitely go in the lake.

From JVM show.

I wish I taped the show but thats what Misty said..shes off from work and her daughter would defintely swim in the lake.

The people who were on the show were Dan & Misty Morrissey (Lyric's parents) and Misty's sister Tammy. I believe Heather Collins (Elizabeth's Mom) is also their sister.

So Grandma is Wylma Cook
her daughters are:
Heather Collins
Misty Cook Morrissey
and this Tammy

Lyric's mom and dad are:
Dan Morrissey
Misty Cook Morrissey

Elizabeth's mom and dad are:
Heather Collins
Drew Collins

So, is this correct, as per JVM tonight (I didn't watch, waiting for transcript to come out)?

Lyric's Father, who has a long, extensive police record, has not had a lie detector yet.

Is this correct?

Yes that is correct.

I have no experience with drowning victims,so please bear with me... on Sunday, I read that LE had dragged,or dredged the lake,and it was reported that the girls were not in the lake. What would some reasons be to now drain the lake ? Not to sound graphic, but could it be that their bodies had become wedged somehow at the lake bottom ? (sorry)...

LE is not calling this an abduction. There was,apparently, no sign of a struggle near their bikes. After that guy saying he saw them at 2 :30pm, they just vanished... And in just 30 minutes LE was all over the area ? It's just really strange...MOO

Is this correct?

I don't believe Lyric's parents were interviewed together, but I think her Mom did say that her interview was around 11 hours. I'll have to listen again to be sure. Several family members have already had polys. Some were either Saturday or Sunday and I believe Lyric's mother said hers was today and Lyric's dad is next. I heard nothing about anyone having a police record.

Yes, it was Lyric's parents being interviewed. I think there may have been some confusion caused because for some reason JVM kept showing pictures of Elizabeth and not Lyric while they were being interviewed.

Yes, that's exactly why assumed it was Elizabeth's mom. Thanks!

I only started following this case today so I'm not up to speed with who's who.

(still catching up) I don't have a link to support it, just my experience but I'm one of those (maybe odd?) people who get VERY calm under a lot of stress. Medium level stress I can be a wreck, but medium/high stress especially if I can, or feel like I can, do something about it? SUPER calm. It's even freaked me out when it happened to me. I also get very focused and I wouldn't say confused but focused on the one important thing that's causing the stress.

Yes. That's happened to me too. Everything slows down and becomes very calm and I am focused solely on the emergency with laser determination. It's not shock, though.

I am this way as well... especially when I am at work during a code situation (I am a CVICU nurse)

I get a sort of tunnel vision, focus in on what I have to do, and time slows down.

There are people that do respond this way to stressful situations.

The area of the trail, now blocked off with Police Tape, as per Courier Photo Twitter

Ax9OZbqCEAAXWbz.jpg

http://twitter.com/CourierPhoto/status/224984705211174913/photo/1

I wish I taped the show but thats what Misty said..shes off from work and her daughter would defintely swim in the lake.

So,her mom meant the lake in question,not "a lake " ? TIA

I am this way as well... especially when I am at work during a code situation (I am a CVICU nurse)

I get a sort of tunnel vision, focus in on what I have to do, and time slows down.

There are people that do respond this way to stressful situations.

Nursebeeme, you probably know the answer to this question. Can Heather Collins, Elizabeth's mother, take a poly since she has a pacemaker or is that irrevelent?

Maybe a local could answer- are there very many empty, abandoned houses in the area?
I know in Hailey Dunn and Sierra Lamar there are numerous empty/dilapidated uninhabited places.
Would LE have to get permission to enter and search those types of properties, especially if they are more or less abandoned?

Nursebeeme, you probably know the answer to this question. Can Heather Collins, Elizabeth's mother, take a poly since she has a pacemaker or is that irrevelent?

she should be able to take a poly with that imhoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crochet Junkie