IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The area of the trail, now blocked off with Police Tape, as per Courier Photo Twitter

Ax9OZbqCEAAXWbz.jpg

http://twitter.com/CourierPhoto/status/224984705211174913/photo/1

This looks a little different than what we have been looking at up to this point. I was thinking the bikes were further east just past where the lake curves and the trail goes straight. Is that police car parked on the part of the path that is parallel to the highway?

I think they are draining the lake to be sure. Very tiny bodies can be difficult to find even dragging a fairly large lake. I agree with their choice. They have to be sure about the lake which, at this point, seems like one of the most obvious choices for what happened.

I am not going to criticize the Mom's behavior. Everyone acts very differently depending on the situation. It could be unreal for her right now and she genuinely thinks they will walk through the door soon. She could be dying on the inside and not know how to show it. She could be taking some sort of tranquilizer-not just a prescription-strength one, but there are other options too. I have criticized family's behavior before only to feel like the scum of the earth when they were 100% innocent. For that reason, I try to avoid it unless we have some other evidence that the family may be guilty in some way. Of course, it is easier said than done sometimes.

The people who were on the show were Dan & Misty Morrissey (Lyric's parents) and Misty's sister Tammy. I believe Heather Collins (Elizabeth's Mom) is also their sister.

So Grandma is Wylma Cook
her daughters are:
Heather Collins
Misty Cook Morrissey
and this Tammy

Lyric's mom and dad are:
Dan Morrissey
Misty Cook Morrissey

Elizabeth's mom and dad are:
Heather Collins
Drew Collins

Thank you for the clarification. It was confusing watching but I finally figured out that Dan Morrisey was not Elizabeth's dad. Apart from the fact that they kept flashing her picture (probably because she is younger, so it grabs people more), I also felt that Dan looks a lot like Elizabeth.

I have no experience with drowning victims,so please bear with me... on Sunday, I read that LE had dragged,or dredged the lake,and it was reported that the girls were not in the lake. What would some reasons be to now drain the lake ? Not to sound graphic, but could it be that their bodies had become wedged somehow at the lake bottom ? (sorry)...

LE is not calling this an abduction. There was,apparently, no sign of a struggle near their bikes. After that guy saying he saw them at 2 :30pm, they just vanished... And in just 30 minutes LE was all over the area ? It's just really strange...MOO

Oh, so they already dragged it? From what I heard reported it takes three days or so to drain. Maybe dragging is not as efficient?

I think it can take a few days for a body to surface after drowning but I'm not sure. I seem to recall this from the Michelle Parker case (never found) and Celina Cass (one week). But I also recall bodies just floating all over the place right after the tsunamis in Japan and Indonesia, so I don't know.

So,her mom meant the lake in question,not "a lake " ? TIA

I don't think so. IIRC she stated they had been at a lake for the past few days or several days, vacationing or something and thus she is sure her her daughter would go in body of water. I took this to mean she had a great time and would take the opportunity to go in a lake again.

All parents should warn their kids never to go in or near water without an adult present. It's too dangerous.

And there is no fence there at the rear of the police car. They could have walked right in if they wanted to swim. Makes no sense for the purse to be throw over a fence. But then we have conflicting info about that.

For those of you talking about lyric's mom demeanor-- I know we're going gentle on the families, but:

My mom had a drug problem. She seems like she could be under the influence? That would kind of explain the snickering and fidgeting.

AGAIN-- MOO.

wow.. that is wide out in the open... not at all what I was envisioning. Thank you for posting the picture. It is very close to the water.. but I don't see them going into it to swim.. maybe tool around and get feet wet but not dive in and swim..... it looks mucky..

:moo:

I know but it's been so darn hot and the girls were out riding. Her mom thinks Lyric would have definitely gone in.

Is there a current? It looks calm. I know looks can be deceiving. A little Hutterite girl just was found drowned after playing in a river with a tire float. But this is a small lake.

she should be able to take a poly with that imhoo.

:tyou:

Thank you, nursebeeme. I don't think she's quilty. I was just curious.

Could you do me one more itty, bitty favor? Dr. Drew really gets on my nerves. Could you make him go away so HLN will put a different show in his place? :please:

LOL

So,her mom meant the lake in question,not "a lake " ? TIA

SHE SAID HER DAUGHTER WOULD DEF SWIM IN THE LAKE IN QUESTION BUT SHE ALSO SAID THEY DO GO SWIMMING IN ANOTHER LAKE BECUASE SHE IS OFF WORK.

sorry in caps Gonna watch the show again. :banghead:

If they are not found in the lake after it's been drained, it almost seems like it might mean they were never there. No one saw them there (since the 2:30 sighting is unconfirmed). From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't seem like the lake looks all that inviting for swimmers. If the girls went there frequently, they must have known that people don't swim there and maybe even that swimming isn't allowed. I saw a drainage ditch being mentioned several times. If they were at the lake, could they have tried to explore the ditch and gotten into trouble that way?
This case just seems so crazy with all of the wrong/misinformation that has come out. I can't tell if its just bad reporting or bad information from the people to last see them.

Considering: that was funny

re: doctor and nurse..

I don't have that kind of pull LOLOL :lol:

:nurse:

Maybe a local could answer- are there very many empty, abandoned houses in the area?
I know in Hailey Dunn and Sierra Lamar there are numerous empty/dilapidated uninhabited places.
Would LE have to get permission to enter and search those types of properties, especially if they are more or less abandoned?

No, no abandoned homes. None in the city really that I can think of but definitely not near the lake.

This looks a little different than what we have been looking at up to this point. I was thinking the bikes were further east just past where the lake curves and the trail goes straight. Is that police car parked on the part of the path that is parallel to the highway?

I believe the bikes were found further east, that police tape blocks it all the way to the other side of the fence near the s. Evans/arbutus entrance.

I know but it's been so darn hot and the girls were out riding. Her mom thinks Lyric would have definitely gone in.

Is there a current? It looks calm. I know looks can be deceiving. A little Hutterite girl just was found drowned after playing in a river with a tire float. But this is a small lake.

It's calm.

Thank you for the clarification. It was confusing watching but I finally figured out that Dan Morrisey was not Elizabeth's dad. Apart from the fact that they kept flashing her picture (probably because she is younger, so it grabs people more), I also felt that Dan looks a lot like Elizabeth.

Oh, so they already dragged it? From what I heard reported it takes three days or so to drain. Maybe dragging is not as efficient?

I think it can take a few days for a body to surface after drowning but I'm not sure. I seem to recall this from the Michelle Parker case (never found) and Celina Cass (one week). But I also recall bodies just floating all over the place right after the tsunamis in Japan and Indonesia, so I don't know.

I don't think so. IIRC she stated they had been at a lake for the past few days or several days, vacationing or something and thus she is sure her her daughter would go in body of water. I took this to mean she had a great time and would take the opportunity to go in a lake again.

All parents should warn their kids never to go in or near water without an adult present. It's too dangerous.

Gitana,
Yes, LE just got through dragging the lake,yesterday, I think. It was said that the girls were not in the lake... Also, the drainage pipes are covered with mesh,so no large objects can enter them...

TY for making the mom's statement more clear... If it is true that they left the house at 11:30, and were still out riding around at 2 :30pm, that seems like a long time in that heat at the middle of the day... JMO

There are posted no swimming signs. It's not a lake Ive every seen anyone swimming in. I would think if you were going to try swimming in it, you would do it from the dock/boat ramp side. Though I've never seen anyone swim there.

I think they re draining the lake becau they have no other idea as to what happened to the girls so not only will this make them really sure but it'll keep the public aware that they are doing something at least.

I don't believe Lyric's parents were interviewed together, but I think her Mom did say that her interview was around 11 hours. I'll have to listen again to be sure. Several family members have already had polys. Some were either Saturday or Sunday and I believe Lyric's mother said hers was today and Lyric's dad is next. I heard nothing about anyone having a police record.

BBM: Here you go:

Daniel E Morrissey, currently on parole

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

I believe the bikes were found further east, that police tape blocks it all the way to the other side of the fence near the s. Evans/arbutus entrance.

So if I am looking at that photo right, we are looking south. So if the bikes were found further east, that would be to the left side of the picture. I see the tape behind the police car. Does the taped off area go further to the left of the picture? Meaning the police car is not in the taped off area? Where would the drainage pipe be in the picture - further to the right? TIA!

So if I am looking at that photo right, we are looking south. So if the bikes were found further east, that would be to the left side of the picture. I see the tape behind the police car. Does the taped off area go further to the left of the picture? Meaning the police car is not in the taped off area? Where would the drainage pipe be in the picture - further to the right? TIA!

You are correct, you are looking south. The police car is outside of the taped off area. They have polite detail sitting on each side of the tape. Right there and then on the other side, past the lake, south of arbutus. The drainage pipe is further to the left and more heavily wooded with fence on both sides of the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak