Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5002ddff340ee.image.jpg

ETA: source for photo
http://wcfcourier.com/photos-search...912-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html?photo=41

Elizabeth's mother and brother. I think that Elizabeth looks just like her Mom.

I'm glad the families are getting the story out there: JVM, Anderson Cooper etc.

The caption says "the last known whereabouts"...?

And there is no fence there at the rear of the police car. They could have walked right in if they wanted to swim. Makes no sense for the purse to be throw over a fence. But then we have conflicting info about that.

Yes, I concur. If the bikes are on one side of the fence and the purse another, this makes me tend towards thinking predator -either the girls were trying to scale the fence and the purse went over and the girls didn't or a person threw it over to separate the girls from the phone.

If the phones were by the bikes, on the same side of the fence....that makes me lean towards accidental drowning.

I am the only one that finds the picture a little puzzling?

Honestly? I think it can very easily be explained. They could easily be taking a break, putting their feet up and rehydrating after searching. It's hot there. Their feet may hurt or their ankles may be swollen from heat/walking. We have no idea from this picture how long they were sitting there or what they did before or after. I find nothing hinky about this family, I think they're just deeply religious, putting their trust in God and are in shock/denial. I think they haven't hit the reality wall yet.

I am the only one that finds the picture a little puzzling?

What I find most puzzling is a photographer making pictures of the family of a missing child when the family members don't seem to know they are being photographed. Family members are not celebrities for goodness sake. They are people in a tragic situation. Who knows what was happening before or while this picture was being made? It was 95 degrees in Evansdale today. They could be sitting inside an air-conditoned house, but they're not.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, this is not the grandmother who was babysitting the girls the day they disappeared.

When I look at this picture, I can imagine the girls playing on the shore and running into a sex offender. But then what? How does he or they get the girls away from there without being noticed?

That picture isn't of the lake. Its from searching at Benton sand and gravel between elk run heights and gilbertville.

5004b7829a5c6.image.jpg

Vicki Weikert, right, grandmother of Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Weikert's sister Carolyn Johnson, left, sit out by Meyers Lake the last place known whereabouts of ten-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and cousin eight-year-old Elizabeth Collins, who disappeared last Friday, Monday, July 16, 2012, in Evansdale, Iowa. (MATTHEW PUTNEY / Courier Photo Editor)

No you are not.

I agree. The picture is strange. I also don't like that they say last known whereabouts considering there hasn't been a verified sighting of the girls at the lake.

Has anyone seen Misty's interview with Andrew Cooper? It is her 'smiliest' one yet. Maybe she just automatically smiles when she is nervous---but it is a very odd demeanor for someone whose little girl is missing under frightening circumstances. She was talking about being in a cramped interview room for 11 hours and smiling and grinning abouti how hard it was---it made me wince a bit. I know this is a victim friendly forum, and I am not accusing her of anything. I am just curious about her apparent lack of urgency or severe grief. Maybe it just does not show on her the way it does on many others.
You might not be accusing her of anything (and as someone who has lurked for years and posted infrequently, I usually admire your thoughts)...yet the lingering on Mom's demeanor (on many poster's parts) comes across as being accusatory. If anyone honestly does not believe a parent had anything to do with this, the discussion about said parent's behavior is irrelevant and adds nothing to the subject at hand (ie, where are these girls). IMO.

in looking at those pics of the area where the bikes were found, I have to say IMO it does look like an eerie area , where one might could grab someone...especially if a vehicle was waiting nearby.

Unless the poor girls did go swimming and didn't make it out, of course.

If someone did take control of them there, WOULD anyone seeing it from a distance really think anything? Like maybe a dad with his children?

A few years ago, we had two little girls completely vanish from a sold-out football match.

One minute they were there, the next they were not.

No one saw a thing at the time (although several people later came forward and said they saw SOMETHING which may or may not have been the girls) and this is right in the centre of the city with crowds of people milling about. It is still a mystery.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightAustralia/index.php?showtopic=72

Does anyone have links to video interviews given by the family? Or what is the best way to search for them? I am not really finding anything. TIA!

i do think this is an abduction, but of course they could be in that lake. 8 year olds don't always listen and also might not take off shoes before they get near water IMO She could of hopped of her bike and ran into the lake, if this was the scenario...lyrics mom stated they had been at a lake the last 5 weeks...lyric very well could try and rescue her. I still think lyric would of screamed for help at some point in time IMO

Why was there no swimming at this lake? Has their been drownings before?

Something seems familiar. Hmmm...

"Marlene doesn't act upset. She's hiding something."​

"Why isn't Marlene's BF on TV begging for Sierra's return? Something is fishy."​

We need to be careful about making judgements based how we think people should act.

The picture looks like the "staged" photojournalism shot/portrait.

I have a few questions,
1. 11:30 is the new time. Did the girls eat lunch? Typical summer lunchtime round my parts is 12, 12ish.
2.Did the girls have a sleepover, cause Im confused on why parents, nor grandma, can come up with clothing info.

3. 12:00 is lunchtime for lots of people, but I know the timeframe has opened up, and people in the world have odd break times, but has that been addressed by the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez